Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first ever Newgrounds Audio Portal Bingo Contest! I’m 1f1n1ty, and I’m excited to be hosting this new competition idea with everyone.
This is the submissions thread for the competition. Please feel free to discuss and ask questions about this event in the discussion thread just over here.
Before we get to any details, I have some people I sincerely want to thank for helping out with this. Thank you so much to:
@TaintedLogic: judge and general advisor
@BlueOceans: judge and graphic artist
@stardew: graphic artist
@KaixoMusic: making the discussion thread post for me while I couldn't haha
These guys helped make this happen! Be sure to give them a big thanks when you have the chance.
Please read all of the rules before entering, and read them again before you submit! Your entry will be disqualified if it does not follow these guidelines.
1. You must submit one original track made from scratch starting today, December 1st, until the deadline.
2. Below this post there is a bingo board with 25 auditory elements. Your track must make at least 1 bingo on the board by taking 5 elements in any single row, column, or diagonal and incorporating them into your track. It does not matter which one you pick as long as it is clear that your track features all elements listed in the line.
3. You must upload your track to Newgrounds and post it in this thread.
4. After the deadline, judges will score each track by their own rubric and 5 winners will be selected.
1. All Newgrounds rules and guidelines apply, both in these threads and in submissions.
2. Do not discuss the competition in this thread! Post only submissions. Please ask all questions and keep all conversation to the discussion thread.
3. Each contestant may submit only one entry.
4. You are allowed to collaborate in groups of two, but no more than that. You won’t get any scoring advantage for working in a team or by yourself. Do also keep in mind that the 1st place prize might not be offered to both people.
5. You cannot have started your track before December 1st. That means no revisiting old scraps or old tracks. If any evidence is found against this rule, your entry will be disqualified.
6. There will be a bit of a grace period right after the deadline, but we won’t accept any entries after the date listed below without a very good reason. Be sure to make time for your final track to render before then!
7. This should really go without saying but... your track needs to be music! Like, not a voice reel or a sound effect demo.
8. Your track must be completely original! We are going by NGADM protocol for this: you can enlist a fellow musician to held sing lyrics or play instruments, but all composition and production must be done by you. No remixes, covers, arrangements, or the like. If you’re concerned about the originality of your work being compromised by a heavy use of presets or samples, please let us know and we will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.
9. There are no restrictions on the length of each entry, but do keep in mind that you can lose points if your track is “too short” or “too long”!
10. In order to make clear what line you chose to bingo, please indicate in the description of the song the index of the line you cleared! If you do not provide us with this information, we may be unable to judge your submission.
11. There is no concrete boundary that defines “incorporates” when we say to incorporate a bingo element into your song. Use common sense! If it is obvious that you put an effort into using it, you will get credit for it. If you do not know what something is or want extra clarification, feel free to ask (in the discussion thread, of course) and we’ll help you! Consider it a learning experience :)
12. You can clear more than one bingo if you would like… but we can’t award extra points for it, sorry. I admire your tenacity, though! :D
13. Clearly let us know if you update your entry, change your entry, change your account name, etc., so that we can keep things organized.
14. During the judging period, you are not allowed to update or delete your submission. Doing either of these will result in disqualification.
15. You will not necessary get a review from a judge after the competition deadline. If you feel like you really need one, though, feel free to send any one of us a PM! We will be happy to provide feedback and justify scores for you if you ask, it’s just we’re all really busy and it’s a bit too much pressure to require all the judges to leave detailed reviews on everything.
16. If you have any other questions regarding the rules, ask! We can change a rule if people think it’s especially problematic.
DECEMBER 31st, 11:59:59 PM GMT (Newgrounds time)
…after which there will be a judging period of 1 week per 50 entries.
It’s nothing as glamorous as the AIM, but we have some prizes you could win:
- For the 1st place winner, @samulis is offering a copy of his Versiilian Studios Chamber Orchestra library.
- For the top 2 winners, I am preparing a small folder of some random one shots and other sounds for use in small projects.
- For the top 3 winners, @I0TA has a list of game codes that the top 3 winners will get to choose from, including Undertale, GTA, and more.
- For the top 3 winners, @stardew will be making customized forum signatures.
- For the top 5 winners, your submission will get frontpaged.
Below is the bingo board for this contest! Best of luck to all participants! <3