Be a Supporter!

Triple XP and Lots of News

  • 4,192 Views
  • 93 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 15:02:06 Reply

At 12/1/18 02:56 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Bah! you will achieve what you want. I'll just have to destroy the competition. Am I right, Tom?

Motivational speech was that? :) Thanks for that! You definitely have that fighting spirit. The determination to vanquish all foes and contenders to the thrones of the splendors.

fuckoffasshole
fuckoffasshole
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy

At 12/1/18 03:02 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/1/18 02:56 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Bah! you will achieve what you want. I'll just have to destroy the competition. Am I right, Tom?
Motivational speech was that? :) Thanks for that! You definitely have that fighting spirit. The determination to vanquish all foes and contenders to the thrones of the splendors.

Nothing motivational. Just pointing out the FACTS. If there was a reward for being a good reward (TOOOOOOM)
You problably should have it 10 times (annualy since 2008). And I'm not saying it because of some gay kablam. I'm just stating facts. You might not like these facts, but you are the target. You are the nicest person, and because of that, you are the target of the trolls. Hey! Don't hate me. Rules are the rules. Now, I obviously will use my influence to fight the fuckers, but the joke remains. You are the spirit of the NG. Christmas is close and the question remains: Do You Guys have something prepared for 2018. My christmas? I will spend it in fedex begging for the package. My life will suck, and I will spent it alone. Because Pointdexter Satan (you) didn't do enough to make the christmas worth enough for anyone to spend it good. Anyway. All I say is, stop replying to me, stop being assholes. Jees, and I thought I was obnoxious

tl;dr: some people read that. hah. he. hehehe. HA. HAHAHAHA. I'm laffin
JOKES ASIDE, IT'S JUST SHITPOSTING, NOTHING SERIOUS. THANK YOU!


Leave me alone, don't spam me. Thanks

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 16:21:32 Reply

At 12/1/18 04:00 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Nothing motivational. Just pointing out the FACTS.

Motivational facts tho! I do like a good shitpost but so much conflict within this post. Man. I'll take that positive as positive and the rest with a grain of sugar. The spirit's all here at NG, no bias! Here it flares the highest for all who'd like to try it!

fuckoffasshole
fuckoffasshole
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy

At 12/1/18 04:21 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/1/18 04:00 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Nothing motivational. Just pointing out the FACTS.
Motivational facts tho! I do like a good shitpost but so much conflict within this post. Man. I'll take that positive as positive and the rest with a grain of sugar. The spirit's all here at NG, no bias! Here it flares the highest for all who'd like to try it!

Just fuckin' do it damn it already. Why am I even here? Just let me die in peace


Leave me alone, don't spam me. Thanks

JoHobo2
JoHobo2
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 19:17:06 Reply

Tsioque looks great! Definitely gonna play it when I get a chance. I also noticed @francisyfl in the animation credits, just to add to the list of Newgrounds talent involved with the game

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 20:11:12 Reply

At 11/30/18 12:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy Friday everyone!

We've had a busy week in the Art Portal, read more about it here.

To celebrate and encourage everyone to vote on new art, we're hosting a TRIPLE XP Weekend.

On a normal day, you can log a max of 10XP by voting on five entries. This Saturday and Sunday, you can vote on 15 entries per day and log 30XP each time.

We've been absorbing all the suggestions for the Art Portal and have made a big list with a plan forward. Some existing projects need to be wrapped up before we get started but 2019 will be a big year all around for Art Portal and feed improvements.

Thank you to all our new Supporters! We hit 2,000 active supporters for the first time ever on Thanksgiving Day and the Wall of Honor is now climbing towards 2,100. Much to be thankful for!

MUSIC REMINDER

With lots of new artists coming to NG, I want to remind everyone that Newgrounds needs to be extremely vigilant about what music people use in their animation and games.

Specifically: No unlicensed commercial music is allowed.

This goes beyond risking takedown notices from record labels; licensing agencies seek minimum royalties for content containing music they represent, royalties that are much higher than our "brand-averse" ad rates. YouTube for example pays over $1 billion per year to the music industry and is still under pressure. NG can't afford the royalties and annual fees for the multitude of licensing agencies so we simply can't allow the music here.

Not to mention Article 13 in the EU would makes things even messier.

The silver lining is there are TONS of independent musicians who would LOVE to see people make use of their music.

We've created a Royalty Free Music guide that links to resources, from the Audio Portal to many sites beyond.

When you use music from the Audio Portal (check their creative commons info in the bottom left), you can credit the song in your project details and the two entries will cross-promote each other. You won't believe how happy I get when I see this; it's one of my favorite things, seriously.

TSIOQUE

Every entry in our TSIOQUE art contest received Supporter status and a Steam key. The top entry was Resolute, by @TheAstra!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/theastra/resolute
If you haven't already, give TSIOQUE a look. It's the brainchild of @Sarkazm with support from @e-d, @BillPremo, @BryanV, @Emrox and other great people.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/719859
TSIOQUE is currently the #1 Hidden Gem on Steam and has won an award in the Best PC Game category at the Barcelona Game World Games Startup Competition!

Other News

@RatherRandomReality is looking to develop an iPhone version of Ultimate Chess, which was very successful on NG and especially on Yahoo Games where it had tens of millions of players in 2012-2013. He has already prepared the art and animation assets and is looking for a solid mobile dev who understands the industry and can take on the programming. If you think you're that person, drop RRR a PM.

Ludum Dare is this weekend! If you want to participate in a game jam, this is a great one. If you make a web-friendly game, share it on Newgrounds and we'll highlight it in our own collection. Players: Expect lots of games next week.

Last month we hosted a Super Crown / Bowsette Art Contest with over 560 gorgeous entries. @LukeValentineArt won a Nintendo Switch and some runner-ups are now receiving a special gift box we prepared. @RedMinus was the first to Tweet about it.

That Super Crown sticker was made by @IvanAlmighty and is super exclusive; less than 20 exist!

- Hello, Tom. Its been a long time; just passing by on my annual visit to NG and Wikgrounds. Glad to see stuff is still going etc.

I, for one, am very happy to see that we are getting even tighter on commercial music. Not just because we have to, but because we SHOULD. We in the Dragons & Spirits have never used commercial music- we just decided that we wouldn't and we searched for suitable music in the Portal- with people like David Orr on board, we really don't need it and using NG stuff not only supports the artist, but the Music Portal and NG. Furthermore, it challenges people to explore and find something DIFFERENT to what everyone has already heard. I honestly do not believe I could have found better music for my Christmas and Halloween Quizzes anywhere.

Quick shout out for Wikigrounds- it is still there and it is what y'all make of it.
Bye !!


We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
Xuvero
Xuvero
  • Member since: May. 22, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 21:20:15 Reply

You know that feeling that cool stuff only happen when you're away from places? I'm feeling that. I'm late on the new content and artists, and probably won't be able to get none of this extra XP.

Guess I'll just have to catch up later, when I have more time.


The Original Hip Cat
{Be Rational} {You've been...}

Colorflower
Colorflower
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 23:05:07 Reply

Great! Every weekend, I can get triple XP! Thank you Tom!


Yiphee!

BBS Signature
BrandyBuizel
BrandyBuizel
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 23:44:40 Reply

I've been advocating so many things for the art portal and I swear none of them are on the list

darthmaul298
darthmaul298
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-01 23:48:53 Reply

I'm back on Newgrounds after being gone for what seems like 7 years and it's amazing

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-02 04:14:43 Reply

At 12/1/18 09:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: So many great things going on lately. Been crazy keeping up with the new artwork; seeing a lot of both old users coming back and new ones entirely finally finding this place. Good times.

All the new artwork is amazing. It feels great to be so busy checking out new submissions


At 11/30/18 03:37 PM, Kieran wrote: This is great especially the 30 exp, also if we could have unlimited exp for people with accounts that are ten years old or older. Thanks

This is what I am talking about. It would be a great way to show respect to all the old schoolers.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-02 06:53:27 Reply

At 12/1/18 06:18 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Just fuckin' do it damn it already. Why am I even here? Just let me die in peace

You're such a positive person man. XD I am doing it. Working on that poster goal as we exchange these lines.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer

At 12/1/18 09:20 PM, Xuvero wrote: Guess I'll just have to catch up later, when I have more time.

Weekend's still going strong though! Shouldn't take too much time to vote on some Art should it? Quick potential catch-up right there.

At 12/2/18 04:14 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: All the new artwork is amazing. It feels great to be so busy checking out new submissions

Indeed!

At 12/1/18 11:48 PM, darthmaul298 wrote: I'm back on Newgrounds after being gone for what seems like 7 years and it's amazing

Welcome back!

fuckoffasshole
fuckoffasshole
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy

At 12/2/18 06:53 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/1/18 06:18 PM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Just fuckin' do it damn it already. Why am I even here? Just let me die in peace
You're such a positive person man. XD I am doing it. Working on that poster goal as we exchange these lines.

You know me man, straight to the point. Keep in mind that my path to be the best newgrounds master will be full of thorns. But I will make it. But it's worth it. Any website that survived different trends and memes and still breathe to tell the tale is a website worth giving a damn. Obviously, I will be deleted from other rankings too, once I reach the top, but I will make it.
I was destined to be the best, and I have something called Perseverance.


Leave me alone, don't spam me. Thanks

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-02 09:14:38 Reply

At 12/2/18 07:28 AM, fuckoffasshole wrote: You know me man, straight to the point. Keep in mind that my path to be the best newgrounds master will be full of thorns. But I will make it. But it's worth it. Any website that survived different trends and memes and still breathe to tell the tale is a website worth giving a damn. Obviously, I will be deleted from other rankings too, once I reach the top, but I will make it.
I was destined to be the best, and I have something called Perseverance.

Especially the medal point! Full of thorn and full of scorn, but no true master can be pulled from norm. The things he'll go through... most would conform. NG seems have that special something too. Indeed.

fuckoffasshole
fuckoffasshole
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-02 11:56:36 Reply

At 12/2/18 09:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Especially the medal point! Full of thorn and full of scorn, but no true master can be pulled from norm. The things he'll go through... most would conform. NG seems have that special something too. Indeed.

Well I was pulled..... But that's the life


Leave me alone, don't spam me. Thanks

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-02 13:24:43 Reply

At 12/2/18 11:56 AM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Well I was pulled..... But that's the life

Oh, the official one too... didn't know that. That does suck.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Artist
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 01:50:37 Reply

Well, I deposited my 60 XP. Thanks, Tom!


Add me on Steam || I don't want your goddamn lettuce

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 02:20:24 Reply

At 12/1/18 09:20 PM, Xuvero wrote: Guess I'll just have to catch up later, when I have more time.

Time you time and don't rush yourself. Real life is always more important.

At 12/1/18 11:48 PM, darthmaul298 wrote: I'm back on Newgrounds after being gone for what seems like 7 years and it's amazing

Why were you gone for so long? Welcome back to NewGrounds.

At 12/2/18 09:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Especially the medal point! Full of thorn and full of scorn, but no true master can be pulled from norm. The things he'll go through... most would conform. NG seems have that special something too. Indeed.

Not just medal points, but many different parts of NewGrounds can become addictive. If you are not careful, you could spend all day on here.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 04:47:16 Reply

At 12/3/18 01:50 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Well, I deposited my 60 XP. Thanks, Tom!

It's like a whole week in just a weekend. :O

At 12/3/18 02:20 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Not just medal points, but many different parts of NewGrounds can become addictive. If you are not careful, you could spend all day on here.

Well I pretty much do. XD

IoTheEternal
IoTheEternal
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 10:57:25 Reply

Will we ever see a return of the newgrounds store tom?

Also yes concerning audio - if the song has a non-commercial licence on it it means it contains stuff in it that can't be used for your submissions, so just don't use it. It's a great way to still be able to submit music but not have it used in anything.

Also audio portal score regulation is going slow. There are still about 500 pages in electronic alone that have had just one person give them a review of 5 back in the day, which totals to about 25,000 songs. With new people submitting their work and fiving it it sorta makes all the songs we go through and vote on never end. Maybe some voting mods would be an interesting thing to implement, to simply keep the charts fairly voted on and under control? I dunno it's a problem that slowly builds over time, I mean whats the point of charts if everyone just has a score of 5 right?

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 14:44:34 Reply

At 12/3/18 01:50 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Well, I deposited my 60 XP. Thanks, Tom!

Bah! I only managed to get 50! 30 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Still more than double xp though.


"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer

At 12/3/18 02:44 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Bah! I only managed to get 50! 30 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Still more than double xp though.

How did you miss the final five. :O You don't need to leave a review on everything you know.

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 15:15:59 Reply

At 12/3/18 03:06 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/3/18 02:44 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Bah! I only managed to get 50! 30 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Still more than double xp though.
How did you miss the final five. :O You don't need to leave a review on everything you know.

Yeah, I know, I didn't leave that many reviews at all, to be honest :p
I guess I just didn't have time.


"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 16:10:12 Reply

At 12/3/18 03:15 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Yeah, I know, I didn't leave that many reviews at all, to be honest :p
I guess I just didn't have time.

Ah, well such things do happen but: what an inopportune time to run out of time!

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 16:19:08 Reply

At 12/3/18 04:10 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/3/18 03:15 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Yeah, I know, I didn't leave that many reviews at all, to be honest :p
I guess I just didn't have time.
Ah, well such things do happen but: what an inopportune time to run out of time!

Well, there'll be more of these weekends. I feel like Newgrounds had been going through some very positive changes lately. I still managed to get a lot out of it and 2.5 times as much as 2 normal days.


"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 16:33:34 Reply

At 12/3/18 04:19 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Well, there'll be more of these weekends. I feel like Newgrounds had been going through some very positive changes lately. I still managed to get a lot out of it and 2.5 times as much as 2 normal days.

Double EXP sure but... triple EXP? O_O It might've been the one and only!

Definitely a bonus however much you get though. Feeling for all those who for whatever reasons are missing out entirely.

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 16:59:31 Reply

At 12/3/18 04:33 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/3/18 04:19 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote:
Double EXP sure but... triple EXP? O_O It might've been the one and only!

Definitely a bonus however much you get though. Feeling for all those who for whatever reasons are missing out entirely.

I seem to recall a certain someone missing the first Double XP weekend ;) I feel like it isn't gonna be the last one of its kind. If they were only planning one, they would have scheduled it for an NG holiday.


"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 17:39:38 Reply

At 12/3/18 04:59 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: I seem to recall a certain someone missing the first Double XP weekend ;) I feel like it isn't gonna be the last one of its kind. If they were only planning one, they would have scheduled it for an NG holiday.

Man I'm trying to forget about that one. XD Spur of the moment things, you know? But yeah, maybe 3x isn't the highest it'll ever get either. Bound to be plenty of special occasions ahead too.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Triple XP and Lots of News 2018-12-03 18:33:14 Reply

At 12/3/18 04:33 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/3/18 04:19 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Well, there'll be more of these weekends. I feel like Newgrounds had been going through some very positive changes lately. I still managed to get a lot out of it and 2.5 times as much as 2 normal days.

Yes, these double XP weekends nave been awesome. I keep talking about them, and trying to get more of them.

Double EXP sure but... triple EXP? O_O It might've been the one and only!

Unfortunately, you might be correct. This could be a one time deal.

Definitely a bonus however much you get though.

We can look back years from now, and think I was there the weekend there was Triple XP. :)


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature