00:00
00:00

Skyrim Armor Types

349 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 07:37:11

From worst to best there are leather, iron, steel, elven, dwarven, orcish, glass, ebony, daedric and, finally, dragon armor sets. To create each one you’ll need to unlock the ability on the smithing skill tree that is associated with the armor type you want. Once you have you’ll also be able to create weapons out of the same materials. You can improve both armor and weapons using either the grindstone or workbench. Improvement levels are fine, superior, exquisite, flawless, epic and legendary.

Iron – Iron is fairly and doesn’t require a skill point on the smithing tree to make. Iron armor requires 3 leather strips and 5 iron ingots to produce.

Steel – Steel is a bit better than iron and also doesn’t require a point on the tree to make. To create this armor you need 3 leather strips, 1 iron ingot and 4 steel ingots.

Elven – This armor type requires that you be at least level 30 in smithing and having the elven skill point unlocked to make. Once you’ve achieved both it requires 3 leather strips, 1 leather, 1 iron ingot and 4 refined moonstones to create.

Dwarven – This is a heavy armor type requiring a minimum level 30 in smithing and the appropriate skill unlocked from the smithing skill tree. Once this is accomplished the armor takes 3 dwarven metal ingots, 3 leather strips, 1 iron ingot and 1 steel ingot to make.

Orcish – In order to make Orcish armor (a heavy armor set) you will need to have at least level 50 in smithing and have the respective skill unlocked. Afterwards, it takes 3 leather strips, 1 iron ingot and 4 orichalcum ingots to make this armor type.

Glass – Glass armor is exquisite looking and fairly useful for defense, too. To be able to make it you will need level 70 in smithing and to unlock the Glass skill point. Once you’ve done this you can create it by using 3 leather strips, 1 leather, 2 refined moonstones and 4 refined malachites.

Ebony – The Ebony armor set is jet black and, quite simply, looks pretty bad ass. In order to make it you need level 80 smithing and to have unlocked the skill point for it. After you’ve reached that you need only 3 leather strips and 5 ebony ingots to produce the armor.

Cheap research paper - is a something that appears only if you use the right plug-in. Occurring as a long down-to-ground robe made out of some druid's scrolls. Looks very sick, also gives a tight pack of stats to your character, definitely must-have!

Daedric – Daedric armor is considered by many to be the very best armor in the game of Skyrim. It’s not the last unlock on the smithing skill tree (its right before it at level 80) but this armor packs serious punch in terms of defense. Once you’ve achieved level 80 and unlocked the Daedric skill point you need to have 3 leather strips, 5 ebony ingots and 1 elusive daedra heart to make this armor set.

Dragon – Dragon armor is the very last type you unlock on the smithing tree at level 100. It looks pretty cool but requires 3 leather strips, 1 leather, 4 dragon scales (collected from dragons you’ve killed or, rarely, in shops) and 2 iron ingots to make.

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 07:42:13

Skyrim kids look like Ronda Rousey!!!

Skyrim Armor Types

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 07:51:31

At 11/30/18 07:42 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Skyrim kids look like Ronda Rousey!!!

Wow, now I feel weird being attracted to her. Thanks...

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Find me on the internet

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 08:22:34

Well damn if that isn't the most informative post I've seen in a while, didn't realised glass armour required moonstone ore, wow

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 15:19:56

You fuckin banana head, why did you only list heavy armors with the exception of glass? Light armor is superior

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.™

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 16:03:07

At 11/30/18 03:19 PM, Thor wrote: You fuckin banana head, why did you only list heavy armors with the exception of glass? Light armor is superior

I know your kind, always sneaking about.

I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 19:43:53 (edited 2018-11-30 19:48:24)

At 11/30/18 07:37 AM, ambysmith87 wrote: Dragon – Dragon armor is the very last type you unlock on the smithing tree at level 100. It looks pretty cool but requires 3 leather strips, 1 leather, 4 dragon scales (collected from dragons you’ve killed or, rarely, in shops) and 2 iron ingots to make.

You gotta love when fantasy games have "dragon scales" as an item and you only get one scale at a time per dragon.

It's not listed as "dragon scale" like a weighed resource, where "1 dragon scale" could mean 1 pound of dragon scale.
Lmao no, these games are implying that your character is only getting one scale per dragon. That's like killing an entire pig for one strip of bacon.

It so nonsensical, dragons are fucking huge and covered in scales. You should get something like 10,000 scales per dragon.

Sleep so many dream, sugar prince.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-11-30 21:09:20

At 11/30/18 05:13 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
steel plate and a warhammer is the only way to stealth...

Aye, now that's some fine armor. Good old-fashioned steel.

I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2018-12-01 03:07:01

At 11/30/18 05:13 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 11/30/18 04:03 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/30/18 03:19 PM, Thor wrote: You fuckin banana head, why did you only list heavy armors with the exception of glass? Light armor is superior
I know your kind, always sneaking about.
steel plate and a warhammer is the only way to stealth...

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Maybe if you have that one perk

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.™

BBS Signature

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2019-07-17 07:34:34

I played The Elder Scrolls for once, Skyrim ecpecially. The most beautiful armour for me was the one made of Glass, and I tried to wear it on my ork when I didn't have to get answers for homework , because I prefer playing female characters everywhere where it is possible. I'm a female too, I thinks it's okay and I belive that women's character is not weaker than male and that she may also beat everyone on her way.

Response to Skyrim Armor Types 2019-07-17 08:30:18

At 7/17/19 07:34 AM, oliviagreen wrote: I played The Elder Scrolls for once, Skyrim ecpecially. The most beautiful armour for me was the one made of Glass, and I tried to wear it on my ork when I didn't have to get answers for homework , because I prefer playing female characters everywhere where it is possible. I'm a female too, I thinks it's okay and I belive that women's character is not weaker than male and that she may also beat everyone on her way.

In the name of Talos, why would you stain the name of Skyrim with such a foul link?!

BBS Signature