00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween 2018 Winners

11,823 Views | 58 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The winners of our Halloween Spooktacular have been decided!

Each of these winners will receive $100 and a Steam key for Among Us, the latest game from @PuffballsUnited and @ForteBass' company, @innersloth!

Among Us is a 4-10 person party game where players prep a spaceship to depart while one is an impostor bent on killing everyone.

Best Animation

We upgraded the animation category to THREE $100 winners because the entries were so damn good.

The Nightmarish category comes courtesy of Nightmare Cops of course.

Animation - Funny

Animation - Serious

Animation - Nightmarish

Best Game

Best Art

Best Audio

Special thanks to @Peregrinus, @LexRodent, @NekoMika, @liljim, @Exedor and @PhantomArcade for weighing in on audio. This was a tough one because everyone had different favorites. There are a lot of really talented musicians on NG!

Story

Father Furniss's Flowers by @Dranj

Thank you @Fro for hosting the writing portion, with @SevenSeize and @DeftAndEvil as additional judges!

Best Pumpkin (Supporter Upgrade & Steam Key only)

Best Carve 'n Share Pumpkin (Honorable Mention only)

Thank you everyone who participated in the Spooktacular! This is one of my favorite times of the year.

Other Events

Pixel Day is happening on January 23rd, 2019 and you can celebrate with pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. If you know someone who may like to participate, be sure they know about it! We'd love to see this become a really big deal every year.

You have until November 25th to make something for our TSIOQUE Art Contest, celebrating the release of TSIOQUE by @Sarkazm and friends, including additional art and animation by @BillPremo, @BryanV and @Emrox and music by @e-d!

Also New on Steam

@Hyptosis worked on Loria and @AdventureIslands made Duke Dashington Remastered.

Halloween 2018 Winners

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 10:28:28

Congrats to the winners. Enjoy your awesome prizes.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 10:39:01

Congratulations everyone. That wasn't an easy one to judge for us. I'll be checking out all of the other winners over the weekend.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 11:06:47

Congrats to the winners, all well deserved :D!

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 11:20:26

We have some insane talent in our community.

All of you rock!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 11:34:51

Congrats to all the winners! They certainly put in a lot of effort. I'm glad to have participated this year, I never thought I'd actually be making something for an NG event! So, yeah, thanks for the update, Tom! I saw the movie winners and played the game, but I have yet to listen to the music. Something to do, I suppose.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 11:56:26

At 11/16/18 11:34 AM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Congrats to all the winners! They certainly put in a lot of effort. I'm glad to have participated this year, I never thought I'd actually be making something for an NG event! So, yeah, thanks for the update, Tom! I saw the movie winners and played the game, but I have yet to listen to the music. Something to do, I suppose.

Don't forget to give the writing community a little love and check out their winner and some of their stories as well.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 12:00:52

At 11/16/18 11:56 AM, Fro wrote:
At 11/16/18 11:34 AM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Congrats to all the winners! They certainly put in a lot of effort. I'm glad to have participated this year, I never thought I'd actually be making something for an NG event! So, yeah, thanks for the update, Tom! I saw the movie winners and played the game, but I have yet to listen to the music. Something to do, I suppose.
Don't forget to give the writing community a little love and check out their winner and some of their stories as well.

Shit, I forgot to mention that. Sorry. I guess I didn't write anything in the end. But, don't worry, I got you as a fellow literary enthusiast. I read the first paragraph, but I'll read the rest when I have some time.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 13:21:12

Oh dear god, is that a trollface? Well, congrats to the winners anyway.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 13:44:27

Damn, thank you so much! spooktacular was amazin this year, congrats to the other winners :)))

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 14:46:15

Thank you so much! There were some incredible animations uploaded this year and I highly recommended going and watching em all!

I’ll see you all again next year with more spooks!

Where am I ... wait where ... what?

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 15:42:42 (edited 2018-11-16 15:45:50)

oooga...BOOGAA!

Glad the spooky month won first place. I watched it at least 5 times in the span of a few days for that stupid ass dance.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 15:54:10

Congrats to the winners! We had a collection of awesome submissions this Halloween.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-16 17:27:13

Congrats to all the winners!

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 02:22:43

Dude I would have been mad if Bridgeoffaust didn't win best art lmao. That was a high quality gem

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 03:56:31

At 11/16/18 03:42 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: oooga...BOOGAA!
Glad the spooky month won first place. I watched it at least 5 times in the span of a few days for that stupid ass dance.

That is some real dedication. The dance grows on you after awhile.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 05:45:37

Yay!
Thanks, contest was really fun, amazing stuff from all categories all over the place.
Honored to be the 1st in audio, since there's a huge amount of quality work in this contest alone. :)
Much thanks to judges and organization crew in general.
Cheers and see you next year!

^_-

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 13:55:09

Really agree with the Animation - Serious category award in particular! :D Solid work all. Congrats to the winners!

And as always too much good stuff going on to have time to participate in...

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 14:57:03

At 11/17/18 01:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Really agree with the Animation - Serious category award in particular! :D Solid work all. Congrats to the winners!

And as always too much good stuff going on to have time to participate in...

Rip it out was hard to watch just from the animation. The pulsing heart/thing looked violent and painful. The story and characters didn't do much for me, but man, visually, ick.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-17 15:03:44

At 11/17/18 02:57 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Rip it out was hard to watch just from the animation. The pulsing heart/thing looked violent and painful. The story and characters didn't do much for me, but man, visually, ick.

Yeah it was unpleasant, but in a masterful way IMO! It takes a lot to build up an atmosphere like that for me, and I appreciate anything that really brings forth an emotional response. It really was dark, and I love the ambiguity and full-circle ending too. Long time since I saw something like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 04:54:05

At 11/17/18 03:03 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/17/18 02:57 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Rip it out was hard to watch just from the animation. The pulsing heart/thing looked violent and painful. The story and characters didn't do much for me, but man, visually, ick.
Yeah it was unpleasant, but in a masterful way IMO! It takes a lot to build up an atmosphere like that for me, and I appreciate anything that really brings forth an emotional response. It really was dark, and I love the ambiguity and full-circle ending too. Long time since I saw something like it.

Yeah, any sort of storytelling video should always leave loose ends for the viewer to figure out on their own. In this case the beating stopped when the other one died. I hate when shows waste time making us familiar with things that either dont matter, or we could easily figure out on our own. Like when character names are mentioned when everybody addresses each other in the first 5 minutes, even though people who know each rarely ever do that if they're already in a conversation.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 05:28:36

At 11/19/18 04:54 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: Yeah, any sort of storytelling video should always leave loose ends for the viewer to figure out on their own. In this case the beating stopped when the other one died. I hate when shows waste time making us familiar with things that either dont matter, or we could easily figure out on our own. Like when character names are mentioned when everybody addresses each other in the first 5 minutes, even though people who know each rarely ever do that if they're already in a conversation.

Hmm yeah, that's true, not sure I've ever considered that particular scenario but over-explaining things can definitely ruin a good script. Gotta take note of how often names are mentioned past entry next time I watch something like that, interesting detail...

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 06:19:29

At 11/19/18 01:05 AM, IoTheEternal wrote:
At 11/17/18 05:45 AM, endKashika wrote: Honored to be the 1st in audio, since there's a huge amount of quality work in this contest alone. :)
Much thanks to judges and organization crew in general.
Cheers and see you next year!
Congrats man! You deserved it :)

Thanks Shawn! :)

^_-

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 07:30:24

Congrats on winning everyone! Thanks for making Halloween awesome!

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 10:43:00

Wow, thanks a lot, I made the music for Just Passing and having Joel and me score first place in games is awesome! Thanks to everyone for voting, congrats to the other winners as well!

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-19 16:25:04

At 11/19/18 10:43 AM, ViktorKraus wrote: Wow, thanks a lot, I made the music for Just Passing and having Joel and me score first place in games is awesome!

You are welcome. Your music was awesome and really helped Just Passing win.

Thanks to everyone for voting, congrats to the other winners as well!

There were many great submissions. Looking forward to see if Halloween 2019 is even better.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-20 00:12:57

Congrats to all of the great winners!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-20 10:05:01

At 11/19/18 04:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/19/18 10:43 AM, ViktorKraus wrote: Wow, thanks a lot, I made the music for Just Passing and having Joel and me score first place in games is awesome!

Thanks to everyone for voting, congrats to the other winners as well!
There were many great submissions. Looking forward to see if Halloween 2019 is even better.

Yeah me too, I'm relatively new to newgrounds but I'm pretty amazed by all the awesome creators that reside here and share their stuff.

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-11-21 00:33:05

At 11/20/18 10:05 AM, ViktorKraus wrote:
At 11/19/18 04:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Yeah me too, I'm relatively new to newgrounds but I'm pretty amazed by all the awesome creators that reside here and share their stuff.

Welcome to NewGrounds. We have awesome creators and plenty of quality content. Have fun checking it all out.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2018 Winners 2018-12-05 14:13:12

At 11/20/18 10:05 AM, ViktorKraus wrote: Yeah me too, I'm relatively new to newgrounds but I'm pretty amazed by all the awesome creators that reside here and share their stuff.

It's hard not to be even after years here. :) So many awesomely creative people out there. Feels great that you never really get used to it; no matter how old it is the place never grows old.

BBS Signature