00:00
00:00

I got scared by a zombie..

345 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I was sitting downstairs playing video games around 1 in the morning. My spouse is out of town and I'm home alone with my daughter. I realize I need to head to bed because I've been playing way too long. My PlayStation and tv are located next to a glass sliding door at the back of my house which faces several miles of red wood forest.

As I'm a couple a feet away from the PlayStation, approaching to turn it off, I hear shuffling in the leaves outside. As I turn to look out the door two bloody hands appear on the glass followed by an equally bloody face. I instantly die on the inside. My inner Jill Valentine goes into hiding and I do everything to avoid shitting my pants in the middle of the living room.

He reaches for the handle and the door opens. I always keep this door locked, but used it earlier in the day and hadnt locked it yet in my routine of locking the doors on the way to bed. I die again, but manage suppress my panic and get prepared for a drugged out homeless man to pull a knife on me.

Luckily that didnt happen and it was just a drunk who had been in a bad motorcycle accident. He got lost in the woods looking for a way to get away from the scene of the crime and my light was the first thing he saw through the dark forest.

I let him clean up in the sink and he ends up falling asleep sitting on my couch while I call the police and continue my video game. They end up arresting him for a DUI and let me know that they had been looking for him after the accident had been reported. They assumed he had been died and were looking for his body in the nearby woods.

So yeah a crazy/interesting night that upset me greatly. I'd thought that I would be better prepared for when a bloody zombie apocalypse happened, but in the first moments I froze up.

BBS Signature

Response to I got scared by a zombie.. 2018-11-11 00:13:04

Holy crap dude!

Like I know you don't bullshit, so I'm lying here reading this like, "wtf!" Lol

Glad you're ok and he's ok ish.

All joking aside, I was having heart issues while driving late late at night one time and I stopped at someone's house around midnight to ask them to call an ambulance.
I had my cell phone but had no idea the addresses I was near, also if I lost consciousness, I couldn't call for help at all, so I needed a person.

They were a little hesitant, so I gave them the keys to my brand new Benz and said, "Here, park it wherever you want, I'm sitting down and waiting on the ambulance. "

Once I handed over my keys they knew I wasnt trying to murder them to death.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to I got scared by a zombie.. 2018-11-11 01:40:28

At 11/10/18 11:53 PM, Fro wrote:
Luckily that didnt happen and it was just a drunk who had been in a bad motorcycle accident. He got lost in the woods looking for a way to get away from the scene of the crime and my light was the first thing he saw through the dark forest.

I let him clean up in the sink and he ends up falling asleep sitting on my couch while I call the police and continue my video game. They end up arresting him for a DUI and let me know that they had been looking for him after the accident had been reported. They assumed he had been died and were looking for his body in the nearby woods.

You specifically asked for the police first and not an ambulance? That's messed up man.
I would of asked him beforehand if he wanted me to call 911 for an ambulance, not call the coppers.

They would of sent a squad car with the ambulance anyways, and they would of found out that he was intoxicated at the hospital even if the police weren't already looking for him.

(and it's not like he was driving a 3 ton pickup truck while drunk.)

Sleep so many dream, sugar prince.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to I got scared by a zombie.. 2018-11-11 05:43:41

It seems I left a witness.

Fuck.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to I got scared by a zombie.. 2018-11-11 09:51:50

At 11/11/18 01:40 AM, JosephStarr wrote:

You specifically asked for the police first and not an ambulance? That's messed up man.
I would of asked him beforehand if he wanted me to call 911 for an ambulance, not call the coppers.

Where I live, you cannot call for an ambulance. 911 sends cops, fire dept, and an ambulance---everyone shows up

There is no "call for an ambulance"

Cops and fire department usually always beat the ambulance by at least 5 minutes.

Every time I have had to call 911 for my heart, a cop or a firefighter is who gives me the nitro, gives me aspirin, takes my vitals, and gets me hooked up for an EKG and hooks me up to AED.

Ambulance always shows up last minute and just brings me to the hospital.

And I'm in the city limits, like 3 miles from a hospital---not a rural area.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

At 11/11/18 09:51 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Where I live, you cannot call for an ambulance. 911 sends cops, fire dept, and an ambulance---everyone shows up

There is no "call for an ambulance"

Cops and fire department usually always beat the ambulance by at least 5 minutes.

Yeah, but the wording he used makes it sound like he specifically asked for the police. Even if they didn't show up with the other services as standard they would likely show up to investigate an injury report resulting from an accident.

My neighborhood has it's own small fire department right on the mainstreet. I could probably call 911 and have them on my street in less than 5 minutes. The ambulance and squad car usually show up together.

Every time I have had to call 911 for my heart, a cop or a firefighter is who gives me the nitro, gives me aspirin, takes my vitals, and gets me hooked up for an EKG and hooks me up to AED.

Ambulance always shows up last minute and just brings me to the hospital.

And I'm in the city limits, like 3 miles from a hospital---not a rural area.

I always thought that firestations should have an ambulance and paramedic crew as standard. It would make it more efficient than sending the firetruck and an ambulance, and there would be more ambulance crews spread throughout the city/county reducing the time it takes to get to the hospital.

But it would require more tax money to implement which destroys alot of good ideas.

Sleep so many dream, sugar prince.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

At 11/11/18 01:40 AM, JosephStarr wrote:

They would of sent a squad car with the ambulance anyways, and they would of found out that he was intoxicated at the hospital even if the police weren't already looking for him.

(and it's not like he was driving a 3 ton pickup truck while drunk.)

So I planned on responding to everyone during the work week when I had access to a computer as its easier to type on than my cell phone, but perhaps the following response fills in a lot of missing information.

First, he scared the shit out of me so I didnt have a clear head, but I asked multiple times if he had anyone I could call. He just kept saying yeah any of my neighbors or an uber. I asked him if he knew a number of a neighbor and he was completely unresponsive. When I handed my phone so he could try to call someone he ended up dropping my phone, picking it back up and smashing random numbers. I had him clean up in the sink and called taxis that never showed up, but he had no wallet or phone on him either.

I ended up calling the local campus police number because I live on University property. I told them exactly what happened and they sent one officer who then called another officer in and a medical team.

He refused to answer my questions about what happened and it wasnt until the police showed up and told me they believe it's the driver of a motorcycle accident that the nearby jurisdiction had been looking for. To this point I wasnt sure if he was in a gang fight, attacked by the coyotes that frequent the woods he stumbled through, or what the hell happened to him.

So perhaps I could have done things different, but at the end of the day I just needed him gone. My five year old was on the top of my mind. This all took about 3 hours starting at 1 in the morning.

BBS Signature

According to Lay, when we see an image of a zombie or human-like monster such as Freddie Kruger, ‘normal processing mechanisms’ do not apply themselves, which causes the unsettling effect ‘when people want to like a near-human face, but realise something is wrong.’
mybkexperience

BBS Signature

Response to I got scared by a zombie.. 2018-11-13 10:50:53

At 11/11/18 12:13 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Holy crap dude!

Like I know you don't bullshit, so I'm lying here reading this like, "wtf!" Lol

Glad you're ok and he's ok ish.

I keep looking for the police report, but keep ending up seeing the same "driver dies in a" report for the same area. I don't know why they didn't report this one. Perhaps it just takes longer to get to the public for small things like this. I can find the incident report with our local police website, but they just called it public intoxication without an arrest. I'm told the guy ended up being arrested for a DUI, but it was with a different jurisdiction with where it happened.

All joking aside, I was having heart issues while driving late late at night one time and I stopped at someone's house around midnight to ask them to call an ambulance.
I had my cell phone but had no idea the addresses I was near, also if I lost consciousness, I couldn't call for help at all, so I needed a person.

They were a little hesitant, so I gave them the keys to my brand new Benz and said, "Here, park it wherever you want, I'm sitting down and waiting on the ambulance. "

My sister told me a story about 3 girls who knocked on their door in the middle of the night screaming for help. Apparently they had escaped some guys house who was going to try and rape them. They were scared, it would take the police forever to get to their location in the middle of farm land, and they just wanted to hide inside. Instead, her husband drove them downtown where they could get help, but the entire time my sister was terrified that someone would show up looking for them and she would be alone with her kids.

We want to be helpful in these times, but we also think about our family first. I think it's only natural/needed to be hesitant until you can make a judgement call.

Once I handed over my keys they knew I wasnt trying to murder them to death.

I could tell when he reached for his pockets for his phone and wallet and they were completely empty that the only risk of harm was if he got blood on me. He was in no condition to be anything more than a disease carrier/mental scar for my daughter if she woke up and saw this.

At 11/11/18 05:43 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: It seems I left a witness.

Fuck.

Barely, I think he's lucky to be alive.

At 11/11/18 07:17 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: What really happened: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/26/new-mexico-man-beats-friend-zombie-walking-dead

They did question me on if he was drinking at my house. I showed them the fridge where I only had one bottle of beer, unopened with nothing else. I think it was just a generic question they had to use for their report.

"How did you know he had been drinking then?"

Me - "He smells like alcohol."

At 11/13/18 06:23 AM, belthagor wrote: just leaving this here....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrouchyAgitatedIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

Damn... they've already made a cartoon about my story.

At 11/13/18 08:18 AM, MrPercie wrote: thats zombies for yer, terrible drivers

And very bad with timing. In the middle of the night and everything.

BBS Signature