00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jeff Sessions resigns as AG

338 Views | 3 Replies

Jeff Sessions resigns as AG 2018-11-07 15:36:28

....Or maybe he was fired. Embattled, and often times Trump's punching bag, Attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has resigned at the request of Trump. This comes as little surprise given that Trump has been pressuring him to quit for over a year because of his inability to stop the Mueller Investigation due to his own conflicts of interests. This may be part of Trump's plan to try and reorganize the DOJ in preparation for the Democrat controlled House, who have vowed to investigate Trump over multiple issues. I would not be surprised if this was also an attempt to halt the Mueller investigation, and prevent Trump from being propelled to testify under oath to the special prosecutor - something his legal team has been trying to prevent for months.

Response to Jeff Sessions resigns as AG 2018-11-07 18:03:16

At 11/7/18 03:59 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: the question should be whos gonna be trumps new punching bag?

Matthew Whitaker, who is a person who's wanted to shut down the investigation for some time. It's possible that we're now going to see the investigation get shut down, much in the same manner as Nixon attempted to back in the day. As much as I despise the little evil Keebler elf that was Sessions, he was going to let this damn thing happen without interference.

As I said elsewhere, so it begins.

On a (tiny) bright side, if Mueller lasts until January the house committee won't be run by Nunes anymore, and new investigations can be opened up by Democrats, if they get the balls to do it.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Jeff Sessions resigns as AG 2018-11-09 07:05:32

The man should have been fired or resigned a looooooong time ago.

You don't keep an employee who can't do their job.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Jeff Sessions resigns as AG 2018-11-09 11:20:06

Good. Hopefully they get someone with some balls actually willing to prosecute