00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games with an "X-Files" like story?

813 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I am in the mood for a game that involves secret societies, extraterrestrial or supernatural happenings and/or government agencies. Deus Ex is a game franchise which covers the same thing but I already played it. What else is out there?

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to Games with an "X-Files" like story? 2018-10-15 02:54:52

X-Files, for the PS1. It's... a bit of a mixed bag. The real life cut scenes where kind of "the next big thing" back then and at least the game still looks as good as it did back then (no outdated graphics). But the controls are sometimes a bit awkward and some scenes are almost impossible to do unless you know exactly WHAT to do and WHEN to do it, as there's only very small room for error.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Games with an "X-Files" like story? 2018-10-15 14:52:55

Deadly Premonition :)

You play as an FBI agent investigating a murder in rural America, linked to other crimes that the agent has been investigating across the country. There's a mystery surrounding the town and it's quirky inhabitants and it's up to the equally quirky FBI agent to find out what's going on.

It's a low budget game and the gameplay is pretty janky, but it's my favourite game of all time and the story definitely fits what you're looking for.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Games with an "X-Files" like story? 2018-12-08 02:00:27

if you like turn-based strategy, there's a complete overhaul for X-COM: UFO Unknown called The X-COM Files, in which you manage an alphabet agency initially on a shoestring budget, against varied super- and natural threats around the world