00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mikeymurder just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Police called on Atlanta man...

1,009 Views | 22 Replies

Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-11 04:06:00

For babysitting while black.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45818176

If you ask me, this insanity has to stop. Who cares if your skin is different from everybody else? We are all human after all...

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-11 09:45:28

At 10/11/18 04:06 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: For babysitting while black.

If you ask me, this insanity has to stop. Who cares if your skin is different from everybody else? We are all human after all...

But what about all the white people being oppressed by Oh-Bummer, Hillary and the evil Es-Jay-Dubyas?

That's the real problem.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-11 14:11:48

At 10/11/18 11:28 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: better safe than sorry...

Considering this often leads to the death of innocent black people, no, this is a terrible precident. The officer is innocent here (he has to respond to the call), but the woman calling because she see's a black man with white children... No, that's inexcusable.

Unless you're thinking everyone should just be scared of black people because...?

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-11 14:53:01

Stuff like this is really far too common.

We are living like kings, and these days will last forever.

At 10/11/18 10:28 PM, MrPercie wrote: I feel better for people not to be stigmatised for calling the police even if they make poor judgement...

Nope, can't say I agree at all with you. Right now these false calls have lead to multiple deaths, and sometimes these threats to call the police on black people by white folk are done even knowing knowing the consequence that often follows. It's similar to swatting, in that regard, except the culprit is readily identifiable and, frankly, easy to convict for such a crime, by comparison.

I'd go as far as saying calling the cops on innocent black people minding their business should be called "Attempted murder by Cop", but at the very least people making false calls to the police should have some consequence so they don't continue to weaponize it like this.

putting the blame on anyone but the women seems unfair but surely there should be something the police could check before responding to a call...

How is the cop going to check before responding, by getting another officer to check it out? I don't think "checking before responding" is physically possible. It's why it's so goddamn awful that people are willing to escalate a situation like that for no reason other than, well, he was a black man with some white kids.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Not sure why people are defending the woman. Her intentions may have been good, but it doesn't change the fact that if the guy was white she would not have called the cops. And this would not have been a story. It jut shows that people will come to wrong conclusions, especially when it comes to race.

I can't help but think that if the situation involved a white guy, who was actually kidnapping the kids, that this woman would not give a second glance to it. Personally, If I see some odd behavior by a person with kids, or screaming from the kids that was a sign of distress and fear, I would get myself involved, either by going up to them, or calling 9-11 - I would not base it on race alone.

All this shows is that people still have a long ways to go to escape those subconscious fears and stereotypes that lead them to do stupid things when it comes to race.

Speaking of which, another incident involving race has reared it's ugly head. A 14 year old black teen, knocked on the door of this house to ask for direction, and white guy came rushing out with his shotgun, shooting at the kid. There is even a video of it. There were two stories, the first from the black teen who said he was only looking to ask direction, and the white guy who claimed that he though his house was going to be burglarized, or that the kid was a danger to him and his wife. The white guy is now facing charges - thanks to his own video.

*Edit

Oops. Here's another one. Trump supporter calls 911 on black Lyft driver for not turning on the radio

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 10:14:18

At 10/11/18 11:47 PM, EdyKel wrote:
*Edit

Oops. Here's another one. Trump supporter calls 911 on black Lyft driver for not turning on the radio

Of course they make it a point that he was a Trump supporter. Gotta' maintain that "all Trump supporters are racist and fascist" shtick.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 10:45:21

At 10/12/18 10:14 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: At 10/11/18 11:47 PM, EdyKel wrote
*Edit
Of course they make it a point that he was a Trump supporter. Gotta' maintain that "all Trump supporters are racist and fascist" shtick.

Bear that in mind the next time you decide to make a blanket statement about liberals.

BBS Signature

At 10/12/18 10:14 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
At 10/11/18 11:47 PM, EdyKel wrote:
*Edit

It's almost as if a leader's behavior sets examples for others, and can create direct racism and bigotry if that person behaves like Trump.

But hey, play the victim as much as you like. It's not like the GOP and their media does the same exact thing to the Democratic party in ways nearly tenfold to just noting someone is a trump supporter..

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 13:39:20

At 10/11/18 04:06 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: For babysitting while black.

The logic probably is the children being white while he is black, if he was white and was caring for a few Asian kids they might have called the police too for suspicion of being a pedophile or abducter and no mother around.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:14:33

At 10/12/18 01:39 PM, Astro-reality wrote:
The logic probably is the children being white while he is black, if he was white and was caring for a few Asian kids they might have called the police too for suspicion of being a pedophile or abducter and no mother around.

No, they wouldn't. Give me the story where a white mother calls the cops on an asian with white kids, prove me wrong.

In the meantime, how about this lovely story of a white woman calling the cops on a 9-year old black kid, claiming sexual harassment when he bumped into her?

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:16:06

At 10/12/18 04:08 PM, Sause wrote:
At 10/12/18 01:39 PM, Astro-reality wrote: The logic probably is the children being white while he is black, if he was white and was caring for a few Asian kids they might have called the police too for suspicion of being a pedophile or abducter and no mother around.
If they want to be mad rather than see that this is a non-issue, let them.

Well, it is a problem if a black man just gets accused because of white children, but what I made clear is that the reason is not necessarily racism in the sense of: You are black and therefore you probably not supposed to care for these kids. It is also possible as there was as it seems no mother around and these children had a different skin color, they thought that something was not right. Which is nonsense, as it could be adopted kids, but the situation could be similar with a white guy having Asian kids in his car with no mother around, in which case people could think too that he probably is a pedophile which came back from Thailand and call the cops as it doesnt seem right that he has Asian kids in his car.

Of course this could just be out of bigotry like is suggested by some, but there are multiple possible explanations for why this happened.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:19:43

At 10/12/18 04:14 PM, Gario wrote:
At 10/12/18 01:39 PM, Astro-reality wrote:
No, they wouldn't. Give me the story where a white mother calls the cops on an asian with white kids, prove me wrong.

In the meantime, how about this lovely story of a white woman calling the cops on a 9-year old black kid, claiming sexual harassment when he bumped into her?

That is wrong, but if a white guy looking like a pedo has Asian kids in his car I dont think that it is not possible that somebody will call the cops too. I think that someones race but also wrongly identifying someone as a pedo are possible reasons why these things happen. In fact I know a story of a father who got arrested by cops because he was walking with his little son, they thought he was a pedophile, so yes, these things can happen that an innocent guy gets arrested as he is misidentified for being a pedophile.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:29:09

At 10/11/18 10:28 PM, MrPercie wrote: While I don't agree with presuming something's wrong when you see a black person doing something, I feel better for people not to be stigmatised for calling the police even if they make poor judgements, putting the blame on anyone but the women seems unfair but surely there should be something the police could check before responding to a call, as I know the police being in a situation can excalate the tension beyond their control

I have to say that I agree with this. Possible reasons are that the woman thought there was a dangerous situation as the man was black and had white children in his car, in which case the motivation for this are ideas that he would hurt the children because of his race, which seems like a racist idea. Another possibility is that she thought the kids were abducted as they didnt look like being family of the man, but like I said before, they could still be adopted children, so even in this case the woman should have had more and better indications that something like this was the case. Just a difference in skin color or no family resemblance doesnt mean that there is an abduction, as the children could be adopted, only if there are things like the children being nervous or the man acting nervous in some way, these could be indications of a possible situation in which something is wrong.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:41:26

At 10/12/18 04:19 PM, Astro-reality wrote:
if a white guy looking like a pedo has Asian kids in his car I dont think that it is not possible that somebody will call the cops too.

You're speaking in a hypothetical "Well, it COULD happen", which makes no sense here - it DOESN'T happen. Again, start pulling up a bunch of examples of asians getting the cops called on them for no reason and you'd have a point. There is no empirical evidence of people calling the cops like this to other races.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-12 16:47:45

At 10/12/18 04:41 PM, Gario wrote:
At 10/12/18 04:19 PM, Astro-reality wrote:
if a white guy looking like a pedo has Asian kids in his car I dont think that it is not possible that somebody will call the cops too.
You're speaking in a hypothetical "Well, it COULD happen", which makes no sense here - it DOESN'T happen. Again, start pulling up a bunch of examples of asians getting the cops called on them for no reason and you'd have a point. There is no empirical evidence of people calling the cops like this to other races.

Have you read my post thoroughly? I have been emphasizing that a white man, or Asian man as you say it, looking like a pedo, could have it happening to him that a woman or man would call the cops as they think they are a pedophile who abducted children. This is not something which doesnt happen, there are reported cases which I know of of men which are arrested by cops because they think they are pedophiles with a kid, while it is their own kid.

I said that we dont know what the exact reason is why this woman called. She comes across as being having mental issues to me, as she seems to have been following the kids and scaring them, but what was the motivation to call? You say it is because the man was black, and yes indeed, this is a possibility. But it is also possible that she called because she thought he was a pedophile who abducted these kids, maybe she called the cops in other cases with certain men as she might randomly think some men are dangerous or criminals. We dont know. That is the whole issue. I am not denying that this is possibly racially motivated, but it could also be someone mistaken for a pedophile. We dont know.

At 10/12/18 04:47 PM, Astro-reality wrote:
Have you read my post thoroughly? I have been emphasizing that a white man, or Asian man as you say it, looking like a pedo, could have it happening to him that a woman or man would call the cops as they think they are a pedophile who abducted children.

I read it. You can reduce my response to "Prove it". Start putting up stats or reported cases. Otherwise, no, it doesn't happen like that, because the asian/white stereotype isn't "These guys are generally brutish and criminal animals that are probably up to no good". They have their own problems, but this isn't one of them.

If you don't start putting up, then yes, you're simply wrong - it doesn't matter "how you feel" about it.

I said that we dont know what the exact reason is why this woman called. She comes across as being having mental issues to me, as she seems to have been following the kids and scaring them, but what was the motivation to call?

It's called "trends". If one person is calling the cops on a black person, then we can't know without more evidence. If it's happening near daily to black people, done exclusively by white people, with some openly expressing their intent, then yes, you can very safely assume that she called the cops because she was scared of the black man for little reason other than he was a black man.

You're not being "neutral" or "wise" by saying silly things like "Well no one can ever know what happened!". You're being obtuse, ignoring trends in the country, context of the problem and the history of similar incidents.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-13 11:45:58

At 10/12/18 11:35 AM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 10/11/18 11:47 PM, EdyKel wrote: Not sure why people are defending the woman. Her intentions may have been good, but it doesn't change the fact that if the guy was white she would not have called the cops. And this would not have been a story. It jut shows that people will come to wrong conclusions, especially when it comes to race.
the fact that race is still an issue just reveals how backwards the USA still is...

Well, it goes all the way to back to the founding of the country, where two lines of cultures started to separate. One that was very agrarian, based on slavery, in the South, and another that was industrial, based on cheap labor, in the North. Both on an eventual collision course over culture and ideas, which led the South to try and succeed from the Union, and attack the North, pitting American against American, with millions of lives lost because of it.

The South might have lost, but their animosity towards blacks didn't die. Over a century of inculcation led white southern slave owners believing they were superior to blacks as a justification for their enslavement, and denying them rights Even when slavery was ended, it didn't stop them from segregating races, and attacking their rights, or terrorize them with beatings, killings, and other harassment, and raising monuments of confederate leaders.... Hell, the South still has a hard time admitting that slavery played a part for the cause of the war - it was all about state right, and the tyrannical north.

The civil rights movement, of the 50's to 60's, with a lot of push back from white Conservatives, may have led to the Civil rights act that ended segregation, and led to some protections for minorities, leading to less harassment and violence against them, but it didn't kill off racial tensions, or got rid of racism. It just simmered, with the South taking over the very party that fought the South since those things happened.

Now, we have Trump, and the alt right, which heavily promote identity politics, which attracts both racists and those insecure about their white ethnicity. The interesting thing about this identity movement is that it's based on the views that whites are the victims of political correctness, and identity politics, even though the evidence that they are worse off than minorities is lacking - while racial violence against minorities is on the rise, along with harassment (not to mention white nationalist marching in the streets that we haven't seen in over 60 years).

Racism is still very real, and affects minorities in this country, but no one likes to be called a racist. It's meaning is as repugnant as being called a Nazi. So, to get around this shit they create new labels, new excuses, to avoid being outright racist.... But it all comes down to the white culture, protecting it, and backing policies that are aimed at minorities, and immigrants. For example, we have Richard B. Spencer, a leader of the alt-right, who is a full blown white nationalist, who promotes the white culture, attacks immigration, and want to ship minorities out of the country... But he doesn't believe he's a racist. This is the state of racism in this country.

I can't help but think that if the situation involved a white guy, who was actually kidnapping the kids, that this woman would not give a second glance to it. Personally, If I see some odd behavior by a person with kids, or screaming from the kids that was a sign of distress and fear, I would get myself involved, either by going up to them, or calling 9-11 - I would not base it on race alone.
you dont know that and nobody does...

In the US there is a common held stereotype over race, which few want to admit. A white man with a gun is often considered a good guy, while a black man with a gun is often considered up to no good. I grew up on that shit. Hell, it's what many of our police officers go by when they stop people. There are plenty of stories of police racial profiling people. We can look at the disastrous "Stop and Frisk" program in New York, which was ended because most blacks could say they experienced it, while whites were like "was there a program like that?". And Trump wants to use similar programs in other major cities, knowing the data.

The point here, it pretty easy to racial stereotype, and that's what this case seems to point to.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-13 12:18:51

At 10/12/18 11:35 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: the fact that race is still an issue just reveals how backwards the USA still is...

Race is still an issue in Europe, though obviously not as much.

Black people being taken as criminals where white people wouldn`t happens quite a lot in Britain too.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-13 14:13:45

At 10/13/18 12:18 PM, GXFICH wrote:
At 10/12/18 11:35 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: the fact that race is still an issue just reveals how backwards the USA still is...
Race is still an issue in Europe, though obviously not as much.

One word: Muslims. (I know Muslims aren’t a race in itself, but that’s not the point.)

Race and religion is still an issue in Europe, and it has been a far longer issue than in America, you can thank colonialism for that. The big difference is that the scope is far more magnified in America because of Trump and BLM.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-13 14:16:06

At 10/13/18 12:44 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
if it was such a large issue BLM would still be a big deal...
instead they soon shriveled away...

Or it might have something to do with them being completely insane.

I agree it`s not a huge issue but it`s still there and we still have to put up with enough race related "diversity" stuff.

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-15 07:15:15

Giant deal, indeed.

Maybe whole situation would have gone nowhere had he explained things a bit to the lady. Instead, her paranoid and disturbed self went further.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Police called on Atlanta man... 2018-10-16 04:23:50

At 10/15/18 07:15 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: Giant deal, indeed.

Maybe whole situation would have gone nowhere had he explained things a bit to the lady. Instead, her paranoid and disturbed self went further.

Yeah, sounds like she was somewhat mental alright...