00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Connor from Detroit: Become Human

906 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Connor from Detroit: Become Human 2018-10-06 04:11:47

Hello. I've been working on a Death Battle like project and I need someone to read a line as Connor, one of the androids, from Detroit: Become Human. (He'll be facing Sonny from I, Robot, if you're wondering).

The line is "I always carry a spare". The context being that the opponent has taken Connor's gun but he pulls out another one before blowing them away.

I'm aware this is the perfect place for a Schwarzenegger style one liner but that's not really in Connor's programming (as it were). I really just need some explanation to avoid confusion about how he pulls his gun out when he doesn't have it anymore. Please feel free to modify the line. "I always carry two (guns)/ I always carry an extra (gun)" - however you think he would put it.

Please send recordings to dan@53xy83457.com

Please also let me know how you'd like to be credited along with a link to your profile of choice. If you have a YouTube account send me that as well. (This is primarily a YouTube project but an abridged version will be coming to Newgrounds later).

This may help if you're unfamiliar with the character- youtu.be/WOOl1FeZm58?t=1m20s

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Cheers
-Dan

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Connor from Detroit: Become Human 2018-10-12 21:08:31

At 10/6/18 04:11 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Hello. I've been working on a Death Battle like project and I need someone to read a line as Connor, one of the androids, from Detroit: Become Human. (He'll be facing Sonny from I, Robot, if you're wondering).

The line is "I always carry a spare". The context being that the opponent has taken Connor's gun but he pulls out another one before blowing them away.

I'm aware this is the perfect place for a Schwarzenegger style one liner but that's not really in Connor's programming (as it were). I really just need some explanation to avoid confusion about how he pulls his gun out when he doesn't have it anymore. Please feel free to modify the line. "I always carry two (guns)/ I always carry an extra (gun)" - however you think he would put it.

Please send recordings to dan@53xy83457.com

Please also let me know how you'd like to be credited along with a link to your profile of choice. If you have a YouTube account send me that as well. (This is primarily a YouTube project but an abridged version will be coming to Newgrounds later).

This may help if you're unfamiliar with the character- youtu.be/WOOl1FeZm58?t=1m20s

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Cheers
-Dan

Hey man, I was just wondering if you were still looking for a voice for Connor. If so, I'd be interested in helping you out. I've actually lived in Southwest Michigan my whole life, about 3 & a half hours from Detroit, so the accent, or lack there of is naturally in me. Never played the game but watched some video on Connor after seeing this post, as well as videos of the actor who plays Connor. He seems to yell quite a lot, but occasionally he speaks softly so I was able to identify his natural voice. It has a dry, raw, sort of raspy tone from the back of the throat. I'm confident I can nail it for u. I just have a few questions that will ultimately help me better understand exactly how he should say his line. Such as what does his adversary say to him before Connor delivers the line. That would tell me a lot about how it should be delivered, & narrow it down to a handful of options rather then taking a blind swing at it & having to record 50 variations of the line lol. Knowing the adversary's last words will also give me a good idea of what alternatives I could come up with to tweak the line as u said, & get my creativity involved to kinda put my spin on the line & make it as badass as possible.
But if this is still open & you're interested like I am. Message me back & we can get into the details of all that. If u are interested we can choose another easier, quicker means of communicating if u don't mind. Some sort of messenger or something. I personally don't mind giving my number for texting, as long as you're on board.
Hope to hear from you soon!
--Jordan

~That Shadowy Knight~