New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fro
Fro
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer

Discussion thread

A little short notice, but here it is...

Welcome to the 2018 Halloween Writing Contest!

Submit your Halloween, horror, spooky, and/or creepy themed story for a chance to win a prize/prizes. (TBD by Tom) Last year there was a big turn out because we had posted in advance, but I still have faith that we will get some great stories nonetheless.

Due date:

October 31st 2018

Rules/Info:

Submit multiple pieces or just a single piece. While I don't necessarily mind multiple pieces, it would be nice to see the effort and time put into a single work instead.

Please write original pieces. While I wouldn't really know that you pulled up an old piece of writing you made years ago it does kind of defeat the purpose of the competitions. (To write!)

All writing types are allowed. Short stories, long stories, poems, etc... If you aren't sure if it's allowed just ask. Chances are it will be.

Other:

It's a good idea to write in your preferred program and then copy/paste into notepad to get rid of some of the weird formatting between Word and newgrounds that can happen. Whenever I post I write in word, copy/paste into notepad, then copy/paste into an old newgrounds blog page to make sure the format look good before posting.

Try to keep your story posted together. It just makes for smoother reading. If you see someone else posting their story please wait until they've finished.

If your story will be multiple posts it's not a bad idea to write "continued on next post" or something similar to help judges and other people who are posting stories stay organized.

Don't comment in this thread unless you are posting your story. Please comment in the discussion thread posted here and on the top of the page.

C-Ninja
C-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-07 08:41:29 (edited 2018-10-07 08:42:03) Reply

At 10/3/18 10:51 AM, Fro wrote: Discussion thread

Submit your Halloween, horror, spooky, and/or creepy themed story for a chance to win a prize/prizes. (TBD by Tom) Last year there was a big turn out because we had posted in advance, but I still have faith that we will get some great stories nonetheless.

Due date:

October 31st 2018

Rules/Info:

Submit multiple pieces or just a single piece. While I don't necessarily mind multiple pieces, it would be nice to see the effort and time put into a single work instead.

Please write original pieces. While I wouldn't really know that you pulled up an old piece of writing you made years ago it does kind of defeat the purpose of the competitions. (To write!)

All writing types are allowed. Short stories, long stories, poems, etc... If you aren't sure if it's allowed just ask. Chances are it will be.

Other:

It's a good idea to write in your preferred program and then copy/paste into notepad to get rid of some of the weird formatting between Word and newgrounds that can happen. Whenever I post I write in word, copy/paste into notepad, then copy/paste into an old newgrounds blog page to make sure the format look good before posting.

Try to keep your story posted together. It just makes for smoother reading. If you see someone else posting their story please wait until they've finished.

If your story will be multiple posts it's not a bad idea to write "continued on next post" or something similar to help judges and other people who are posting stories stay organized.

Don't comment in this thread unless you are posting your story. Please comment in the discussion thread posted here and on the top of the page.

I pulled this one out of the vault. I'm probably going to write another poem for this. But for now, you'll just have to stick with this.

"Ghost Town"

The wind is a slow airborne highway
Giving refreshment to not a single one
The civilization is forever at bay
The town’s work is officially done

A group led by a wild-eyed yahoo
Kindling painful desperation
A bloody knife tearing the innocent through
Extinguishing the last spark of salvation

The vacuum of perennial sin
Sucking up every lost soul
Leaving society to rot and the hope within
To freeze in the immoral pole

Welcome to the city that never sleeps
The town housing only buried weeps

gameguy96
gameguy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-09 10:55:21 Reply

Apocalypse has started

Saturated by the smell.
Blood drips down upon the ground.
It was now a living hell.
Her screams were the only sound.

Seven of each was the plan.
Limbs scattered all around him.
This was not a mortal man.
Chances of escape were slim.

A demons way to reach high.
The imperfect would now heal.
He would soon reach every sky.
Broken was his final seal.

At the city of Uruk.
Beelzebub would rise again.
Humanity is now stuck.
The devils completed chain.

Lucifer is now perfect.
And this world is finally wrecked.

P.s.
Just a symbolism list, because I don’t want to torture anyone.
19 lines, 19 stands for a journey from start to end. A.k.a. the end of the world.
7 syllables, the number of completion.
6 segments with three rhyme ends(not sure about the proper term) but that forms 666
96 words, 96 AD is the year the Book of Revelation was probably written.
1 2323 2323 2323 2323 44, count those up. You get 49, the square of 7, again completion.
133 syllables in total. 133AD, the year Sextus Julius Severus was sent to quell the Bak Kokhba revolt.

ᛚᚨᚱᛋ

dragonqueen20034
dragonqueen20034
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-09 16:29:47 Reply

The Inheritance

Mallory Grindelberg, was turning 18 in two weeks. She was More than ready, she had an apartment set up, a job she loved and her life was on the track she had dreamed of. Her parents were both passed on, the only family she had left, was her brother and grandmother. Her grandmother was ill and being taken care of by them, her and her brother worked round the clock to make sure she was well cared for. What she didn't know was how her life was about to change. Her grandmother died exactly one week to the day before her 18th birthday. She and her brother fought and he quit speaking to her, and her best friend had moved to Africa for missionary work. Now she was alone and bored with no one to celebrate her big day with. Two days before her birthday there was a knock on the door of her grandmother's mansion. A man in a suit stood patiently at the door, with a briefcase in hand and a creepy grin on his face. Mallory opened the door, and in an instant the sky went from crystal clear blue to deep ashen grey. Thunderous booms rolled across the sky and flashes of lightning lit up the foyer as if there were floodlights. A shiver went up her spine as she shakily asked the man, "M-may I help you?" His grin grew wider, if it were possible, and his teeth bared a striking resemblance to that of a demon in a scary story. Sharp looking and pointed, yellow staining and grime built up near the gums. His voice was almost exactly like the sound of nails on a chalkboard and sent more chills down her spine. His words drawn out like he was a sloth and his s's sounded like that of a snake. "Yeesssss, are you Mallory Grindelberg? Granddaughter of Gretchen Grindelberg." Her mouth went dry and her voice cracked as she heard his voice, stuttering she answered with what little voice she could muster. "Y-y-yes, I- I am." His grin now stretching the width of his face and his eyes looking almost as if they were glowing. Mallory shivered and stood there as one of his long spindle-like hands reached into his briefcase. He pulled out a paper and handed it to her as he asked, "Maaay I come in?" Hesitantly she let him in and shut the door, as the latch clicked the lights in the house flickered. She led him to the study and let him sit down, then she went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for the two of them. She went back and gave him his glass which he thanked her for and promptly set on the desk. As she sat down she looked over the paper, her grandmother's will. Stating that the property and everything in it were hers, and that she was to gain 2.5 million dollars that was in a savings account of her grandmother's as well. She sat dumbfounded and bewildered with no words to say. She would have to give up her apartment but she was glad she had somewhere to go. Suddenly the man who hadn't spoke in all this time said a few simple words. "May I have some more water?" She looked at his glass which was now empty and was in shock. Smiling she nodded and got up grabbing his glass, "Of course, I'll be right back." As she headed back from the kitchen she heard a strange noise like hissing. Blowing it off she kept moving towards the study. Without a warning the power shut off and she couldn't see in the halls to get back to the study. She tripped over her own foot but caught herself. Straightening up she sighed and walked into the study, where he was seated, "Sorry, I guess it really is an old house. Here is your wa-" She trailed off as she looked up at him. Seeing a steady warm yellow glow emanate around him, she couldn't help but gasp, dropping the glass of water. Where his face once had been, now revealed a monster, something like she had never seen before. She tried to scream but it was almost as if she was being choked while no one was touching her. Her throat tight and her voice gone she had no way to call for help. His voice no longer human sounding, but more like the reptilian demon he was. "Finally, time to eat. I've been waiting for this moment sssince I killed your grandmother! Now you'll be my next food sssssource for the next 30 yearsssss of your life!" His voice steady and voracious, drool dripping from his jaw as if he was looking at a prime rib. She tried to run out the the room but she had no where to go, he stood between her and the door and she felt like she was slower than a snail. She let a tear fall down her face as her vision began to blur, and she faded into a deep blackness. Her body filled with sharp stabbing pain, her arms and legs felt as though they were weighed down. Her eyes wouldn't open and she could feel his hot breath on her neck. This was it, the end of her life and she hadn't even been able to declare herself an adult yet. She wanted to yell, scream, cry, shout, something but the most that came out of her was the meekest whimper she had ever heard. His hands roaming her every inch and his voice grating the back of her mind. "Your mine now Mallory, forever and ever. My food, my lover, my essence. Everything about you is mine, no one can have you, no one can know about me, you won't even know I'm here." She shivered and cried as his ominous presence was overwhelming, and almost suffocating. Just when she felt like she was slipping into a deep sleep, a voice different from the beast before her broke the deafening silence. Her brother, yelling her name through the mansion, and then another. One she was sure was just her imagination, her grandmother. "Mallory! Hello, Mallory!" She wanted to yell for help she wanted to cry out but still so choked by his power and ability she couldn't make a sound. Suddenly, like a flash of lightning her eyes popped open her body flat and her view the ceiling of her bedroom. Her bedroom, her in pajamas in her bed and her brother and grandmother walking in holding a cake with candles. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Mallory! Happy birthday to you!" A dream, it was all a dream, she had such a night mare she thought it was real. Everything seemed so real, like it had actually happened but it was a dream! She sighed with relief smiled at her brother and grandmother and sat up in bed. "Thank you!" She blew out her candles and relaxed back against the head board of the bed. As they left the room, she rubbed her neck and felt a scar, like two bite marks, she raced to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. There on her neck symmetrically spaced were two bumps, like the bite of a vampire. "But it was just a dream." A voice in the air, echoing around her like a ghostly presence. "Or was it?"

By: D.

Enjoy!

juicedrop
juicedrop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Writer
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-11 18:37:24 Reply

Shadow in the Dark

Ricky was a big fan of Halloween. For every year since age 3 he has been going up to the house of a stranger, getting candy from them. But today... there was a big turning point. Now Ricky is 11 and he has always been too scared of the house far away from any other homes, about a tenth of a mile. But Ricky worked up the courage. His bucket was around 3/4 filled and he ventured forth, hoping for some good rewards. His friends were cheering him on from behind, but when he looked back they were gone. He screamed and started running. His candy was falling but every single time he looked back they were gone. By the time he made it his bucket was only half full. He knocked on the door and out came a tall man; Around 7'5, but that was an estimate. His towering appearance freaked out Ricky, but he kept on going.
The man gave him a load of candy, the bucket was almost fully filled. The man went back inside, but he forgot to close the door. Probably a clumsy man, too. Ricky noticed the candy was just candy corn... except for a tiny bar of Hershey's. Ricky snuck inside, with the last time he did something even remotely close to this was when he was 9 trying to move through his house trying to steal his games back. This means everything. He was in the house, and the door shut on it's own. Ricky quickly tried to leave, but he realized it was locked. He heard a deep voice say "Who dares enter my castle?" and Ricky realized he had to get out.
He realized he could just unlock the door but that wouldn't work. He needed some brute strength. He saw the shadow of the man... but there was no body. The shadow came closer and it started to rise. In it's hand was... a fork. And when it got closer it started glowing blue. Then it turned orange. And then it was invisible.

Then Ricky was gone.

Oh, here's a poem I wrote when I was 10 that I have remastered.

The house on Maple Street.
The mouse who never squeaked.
Came 4 friends together
in the finest weather.
It was the final hour.
So they felt like they had the power.
When one of them went in...
Everything went down the bin!
All they could face was sin...
They knew they couldn't win.
The owners came on
and said something real long.
One of them said.
They'll have a head.
There had to be a sacrifice
or they won't be going to bed!

This is my final post on Newgrounds.

omgplskillmewiththispictureokaythanks

BBS Signature
LickBit
LickBit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-14 06:41:46 (edited 2018-10-14 06:54:51) Reply

My entry. Pretty short.

Up in the hills, beyond the moor,
Behind the graveyard, through the doors
Is a creation, like no other
It's orange and some make do as supper.
Some have glowing eyes, like a flickering light
Impaled on faces, their jagged smiles lighting the night.
In other festivities, pies are made
As well as deserts and breads, for many a decade.
Food or candles, you may choose,
But for Halloween, surely you won't lose,
A pumpkin.

GXFICH
GXFICH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-14 16:08:12 (edited 2018-10-14 16:19:20) Reply

I lie here in the graveyard where all earthly debts are paid,
but this world still owes me and so it`s going to pay.

My father was a highborn clergyman though I lie in a paupers grave.
My life it was a hard one full of suffering and pain, my death was long and early and Bitterness was all I had.

Now cheerfulness and celebration fair breaks my clayish heart and now the sound of joy and laughter hurts my skull so bad I rise up to the sky and then I roam the world.

I frighten herds of cattle and I make the horses buck.
I chase sheep till they can longer run, I drink dark spirits and strong ale.
Then I drift through some open window and enter someones dreams first I tell them that they`re wicked and I tell them of my plight then they wake to see my cold and fiery gaze.

So when I see someone walk through the graveyard in a bright and happy way,
I teach them to remember it`s dust from which they`re made.

MarianaSapphire1980
MarianaSapphire1980
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-14 20:19:10 (edited 2018-10-14 20:21:59) Reply

Due date:

October 31st 2018

Rules/Info:

Other:

If it doesn´t understand good, sorry i writed originaly in spanish

The Case

Little has been mentioned about her, but it is my duty to know her case motivates me to continue investigating her, I am the private detective Ivan, arrived from Russia to Latin America at the request of my superiors to investigate the case of Desgarra, a half wolf out of the experiments of the scientist left Germany, it is suspected that it was the experiment that would give the result of treating an animal half in an aggressive way, now for what I read the issue came out a little from his hands. I arrived at a crime scene that this girl had committed, while I was looking at the body, the only thing I could see were pieces of the victim, the neck torn from it and from what I see some members were missing, like the arms, some vital organs , like the heart among others, Then I went to talk to the chief of police, I approached him and said "So, this young lady was not?" He basically turned around and answered me back My, "-We know that yes, I leave his badge, a neck torn, only that now he took a lot of meat, even for her that's too much, we want to know the reason for that" he stops and turns to look me in the eye , "And that's where you come in, Ivan, you have to find out what plot tears and Deliver it to the law" he leaves while I go back to the scene of the crime,While I watch the scene I write down how the attack could have been, then I find a security guard credential I can not read the data, it only reads that it is a correctional facility where they practiced the experiment, which used to be a mental hospital, so I decided To go there, While I was on the way I saw the neighborhood one destroyed by the years and what I see is quite Heavy, I went cautiously to the correctional, when I came to a guard told me to wait a while, I stayed seated, while I was waiting outside I saw the nightfall and out of nowhere I saw the silhouette of a child, I stood still, turned my head and then I saw again where that silhouette was and it was not there, I was shocked, then my guard called me, I came back in me and pass the guard, we went through the corridors and the only thing I could hear were the screams of the prisoners, they shouted any fucking in all the Hispanic idioms possible I barely understood anything, after I arrived at the warden's office, I sat in a chair that was behind a red cord, like those in the movies, the warden arrived, he sat down, he saw me and he said "You are the Russian gentleman who comes by the case of Desgarra, we already expected it "I stayed silent, I had nothing to say" -compare me, I'll take you to see the cell of her ", he said before getting up and leaving the office, I of course followed him, we passed through the corridors, until we reached her cell, a spacious one, covered with mattresses that had scratch marks made by her, when I turned around I saw a scene where obviously there was a birth, so I asked "Did she have Sons?" To which he replied "Yes, 2 a Girl and a Boy, after a while a guard separated the brothers, taking the boy to Spain and leaving the girl with her", When he told me this detail I came to the conclusion that he wanted to take revenge on the guard who took the creature, when I turned around I did not see the Warden and when I approached the bars they were closed, I was shocked as if I had seen to a ghost, then I realized that everything was silent and I turned around and saw her, Desgarra, with her daughter, she approached me I moved away as much as I could but could not, when I was close enough I touched with its wolf legs, on the chest, She was tall, the head for the bust with arms and hands were wolf limbs, then the bottom was human, not counting the tail, on the contrary with the daughter who had just some wolf ears, tail and chest hair, she realized he was watching his daughter, grabbed my neck and said "-You, you're not going to separate from it, as did the guard with my child "I was trying to make her leave my neck, while she was getting ready to do something" - And now you know Too much Ivan, You will die just like the people in this place "When she said that I was shocked and she tear my neck of a blow, and left me on the floor, with my last breath I could hear something he said to his daughter "- Are you hungry honey? "And before fainting she said" -If "...

After that, no more was heard of the case ...

(Again i'm sorry for the translate, And "Desgarra" in this case is a Name, And is my sis history she only put unintentionally on my account)

HoggleRhymes
HoggleRhymes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-14 20:44:02 Reply

Due date:

October 31st 2018

Rules/Info:

Other:

HELPFUL ADVICE : READ OUT LOUD!!! PEOPLE WHO READ THIS OUT LOUD LAUGH VERY HARD

[1:15 Am ] The stars sparkle as Fluttershy trots through the woods of Equestria, she’s excited . Her hoofs clop against the ground, lifting small fragments of grass and dirt in the air.. leaving a trail of dust behind her, “ I hope I can make it in time” Exclaims Fluttershy while panting

[2:23 Am] Fluttershy’s eyes widen as She entered her favorite cave, it was dark, but with just enough light to see the path .. to her favorite masturbation spot, Fluttershy released an excited sigh as she stared at herself in a small puddle while thinking about why she visited the cave ,and how wrong it would be to everypony if they knew what she was about to do, she felt ashamed , but the thoughts of her hoofs grazing her tight , light pink and yellow pussy lips aroused her more than she had ever thought she could be.

[3:45 Am ]“what would everypony think of me if they knew what I’m about to do..”
she sighed in a soft, yet sharp voice as if the fact that she was such a bad pony made her more horny , suddenly she noticed her pussy lips where watering , the puddle under her was not coming from above … it was coming from with in her, she had been standing in a puddle of her own lust , at the this very moment of realization she willingly fell into the puddle , letting her wings soak in the puddle that was her own moisture .

[4:00 Am] Fluttershy moaned at how arousing the moment was and in that very instant she began to hoof her clit softly. At first, in very short time she began hoofing harder , pressing against her clit, and sliding her cum covered hoof in an up and down motion , slightly past her tail and then back up to her clit ... she loved the feel and craved for more! She began to slowly insert hoof into her pussy while cum poured out of both sides of her vagina , making her moan uncontrollably like the slut she knew she was

for the next few minutes Fluttershy constantly called herself names , such as Slut , whore, and skank , the names only fed her horny level, she began penetrating her pussy harder and just as she was about to reach full climax , Fluttershy saw the shadow , of a pony , SHE HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO FUCK.
It was MOTHER FUCKING PINKY PIE! Bitch was all like “ YO! Fluttershy! Get ch’o moufakin ass on the moufakin horn” flutter shy was all like” fuck yeah bitch I’m goanna slam my mother fucking pussy on that bull shit .” and so she did , Fluttershy mounted pinky pie’s horn and started like , totally going at it

, shit was so cash , shit was like $$$$$ , so it was real fucking cash. Equestria had never seen anything this fucking bad ass , so like they we all going at it and shit and Fullershy is all shy ‘n’ shit you know? So she all like ok , I hope u don’t tell anyone of my cave .. and pinkie pie was all like “BITCH! Im’a tell fucking everyone , Ima start Ho’ing all you bitches all around equestria and ima be all like FUCK YEAH “ so these two bitches were all like bullshiting in the cave and they were all like OMG this feels so fucking good. Pinkie pie was starting to cum through her mother fucking horn and shit so all the cum from Fluttershy’s pussy mixed with pinkie pies fucking cum , making a new puddle next to the original one made by Fluttershy, shit was so cash man , like you shoulda seen it ,

pinkie pie got all bitchy and dominant , cuz you know she’s like a total lip stick lesbian and she made Fluttershy lick up all the cum mixture , flutter shy was all like “ oh no.. must I ?” and pinkie pie was all like “ fuck yeah bitch lick that shit until its dry.
When Fluttershy was done licking up cum she started eating pinkie pie’s pussy . shit tasted so mother fucking sweet . it was like ...... some kinda Puerto Rican rum mixed with a shit ton of chocolate , you know what I mean? It was pretty bad ass!

so Fluttershy and pinkie pie kept fucking all the morning ,
THe morning after the hot lezbo sex Fluttershy was made to be a prostitute , pinkie pie would like whore all the little pony’s out around Equestria and Fluttershy was always the most requested , she had some sort of like childish beauty in her and for some fucking reason guys like that , i guess pony's in Equestria are like total pedo’s... fucking weird rite?
well one day Fluttershy was getting gang banged by a bunch of black pony’s and instead of fighting against them she only pretended to fight back , she wanted those dicks in her pussy so bad, she loved black dick . long black dick she thought big black dicks where like so mother fucking cash, by this point her pussy was totally fucking destroyed so any small dicks would just breeze by , thus she would only take big black dick , AND OH DID SHE EVER.

Pinkie pie was a total pimp and she fucked all her ho's she would constantly fuck rarity , you know ,cuz she’s like one of those hot white chick that you know you have like no chance with but you still wana fuck ? yeah just like that . well yeah , so anyway . although pinkie pie was a total bitch over rarity it was well known amongst all the pony's that flutershy was the bottom bitch , Fluttershy was proud of this , her popularity as bottom bitch made her lose much of her shy personality and she was a total bad ass now , she like had tattoos and shit , one of them was like on her hip and it said , NIgguhs wan my pussy . and another one on her upper thigh that said Bottom bitch . everyone though she was cool as fuck and since at this point most of the pony’s were prostitutes there was no shame in her hooves she was like the coolest mother fucking pony alive and she would stop on any and everypony bitch that tried to step up to her hoofs

so like pretty much what happens is that Fluttershy gets all like " yo i don't wana be bottom bitch i wana be the pimp, i'ma pimp all these bitches and be cool as fuck " yeah, so chapter two is goanna be about a pony revolution

FUCK

CocoVersi
CocoVersi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Hall-18 Writing Contest 2018-10-15 02:05:26 Reply

When I was a small child, there was a corner in my garden, that for some reason, I was terrified of. I always thought that out of the corner of my eye, I could see movement. I had a small tree-house near that corner, and as I was picking an apple from the tree that was across the garden, I saw something drag a cushion out of the open window, and into that corner. When I told my parents, of course they didn't believe me. I was only a small child. They just laughed it off and said, "You've got such an incredible imagination, I'd love to know what other adventures you have in your mind." I was certain that there was something living in that corner, something so horrendous that it would scare you to the afterlife. They were oblivious to that fact, and no one I told believed me. Even years later, strange things still continue to happen in that corner. My parents shrug it off like it's nothing, even when things happen in front of their eyes. The fence breaking? Could have been the wind! A hand reaching out, with the longest clawed nails possibly ever seen? Could have just been your eyes playing tricks on you! They were firm believers of true factual evidence to explain something, and not believing any inexpiable events. They had seen almost every horror movie the film industry had produced, and while watching, giving my brother and I a "realistic" explanation of all the paranormal events. Our whole movie cabinet is full of horror movies, and having seen majority of those movies just made me more terrified of the garden corner. I had only started watching them with my parents and brother when I was 15, the same age as my brother, Jason, when he started watching them with my parents. He also had liked to play with me in the tree-house as a young child but was not scared of that corner, despite seeing all of the same things as me. Adopting my parents traits, I guess. Jason and I had a few friends over one night and I was hanging out with them pretty late. It was near 3am, and one of Jason's friends suggested playing truth or dare. It was one of my favourite sleepover games. I was feeling adventurous, and when it was my turn I chose dare. Jason looked at me and joked "Are you feeling alright?" He put the back of his hand on my forehead, as if he was checking my temperature. "You always pick truth Paisley!" One of his friends, Liam, chimed in. I giggled, and looked back to Alex, the person who had asked the question. "Dare. That's my final decision." Alex paused for a moment, then smiled mischievously. "I dare you... to go inside the corner of the garden you've never stepped foot in." My mouth tightened. "Fine." "Come on Parsley, you're 18 and you've never been inside that corner." Parsley was name they came up with tease me about my real name, Paisley. "Paisley, are you sure about this? I mean, even when we were kids, you would come to school with tired eyes and talk about that corner for hours and hours." Millie was always a good friend, and when we were kids, she used to listen to me talk about the corner, and the latest crazy idea I had come up with about what could be living in that corner. She never accepted the crazy idea nor denied it. "Yes. I have accepted my fate." I stated in an overly dramatic way. I got up slowly, and headed to the door. They all followed me, smiling except for Millie. I opened the door trying not to wake my parents. I tried to be as quiet as possible as I crept out from the house and into the back garden. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. The group was following me and I could hear them either terrified or snickering. I could hear the crunch of the dried up leaves underneath my bare feet as I walked to the corner. I quickly turned around, to ask them a question only to find them ready to push me into the vines and dead plants that hang lifelessly around that corner. I felt their hands push me into the darkness of the corner as I heard Millie's scream of "Paisley! PAISLEY!" over and over again.
It was getting fainter and fainter, and it seemed like I was falling endlessly. I shut my eyes, and just listened to their laughs, her screams and... a hoarse voice. The voice was saying " So you've finally come. I've been waiting for you." I opened my eyes, and looked around. It was surprisingly light for the amount of time I spent falling. When I landed, I couldn't see clearly, but I could see a silhouette of what looked like a bunch of hair with long, spindly, crooked arms sticking out of the sides. The voice was like sandpaper, rough and coarse. I tried to grab around for anything that I could use to get myself out of here. There was another voice, feminine and soothing. The words spoken however, not so soothing. "Don't resist it. We want you to join us. Come with us, NOW." She spoke more, getting more and more hostile. I couldn't hear her, because I could only hear a ringing in my ears, getting louder and louder. I scrambled frantically trying to grab anything to get me out of there. I grabbed a branch and tried to propel myself out, but I couldn't; because there was something holding me. "Don't go." The voice was harsh and forceful now. "Stay with me. I want you to stay. I can offer you the deal off a lifetime... or even longer." I don't know what happened, but I stopped and turned around. "Tell me more." I could see the owner of the voice now. Her eyes were a deep red, and glinting. I could see my reflection in them. From what it looked like, I had the same shade of red, it terrified me. I couldn't shake out of it, no matter how much I wanted to. I could feel it, evil will, anger, of which I had spent years repressing, coursing through my veins. "I can reverse time, make them believe you. Isn't that what you've always wanted?" The course voice was back. I raised my head. "Yes. No one ever believed me, even if it happened before their eyes. It was always a pathetic excuse. Utterly pathetic." "We can help you with that." Suddenly I was gone, completely. Then I heard something land next to me. "Paisley! I thought you were gone!" A familiar voice, with comforting words wrapped their arms around me. Millicent. It was her, and she had always come for me. But not this time. I was too far into it, Practically gone at this point. Was there any human left in me at this point? She turned around, and I could see the blood drain from her face, as she turned to me and said, in a tone that could barely be heard. "Run away, climb out of here, FAST." Even the loudest part of her sentence was unable to be heard and I had to strain myself. I didn't know what to do , and in the heat of the moment, I ran, and I lept straight for the wall of this ditch. I felt around for anything I could use to climb out of here, and grabbed a rock. It survived my hand's grasp, but as soon as I put my foot on it, it tumbled down. How was Millie going to get out now? I hesitated, but she told me to hurry up and go, not to worry about her. A sickening sense of guilt was stronger now, and getting so deep, I could have drowned in the amount of guilt that small moment brought. I climbed and climbed, until I could see three faces poking in. Jason, Liam and Alex. All with a worried look. "How is Millie?'' Alex quickly whispered. "I-I don't know.", I stammered. Alex flug his arms around me, "I'm so sorry... I didn't know what was there." "I didn't either," answered back. Suddenly a head popped out of the hole from the ditch, Millie. I quickly smiled, then ran over to help her get out. We were all gone, then headed back to the house. This might seem like a perfect ending, but none of us could sleep, or even talk after that. We just kept our eyes glued to the screen door. The scratching was getting louder, until it stopped. I got a glimpse of the two immortals who were at the bottom of the ditch. They mouthed something, then disappeared. I turned to the rest of them, all in a trance. They saw it too.