00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zophar's Music Thread

1,462 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zophar's Music Thread 2018-09-30 09:19:39

Hello everyone! I'm Zophar and welcome to my music thread. I'm a musician whose been writing music since I was young. I got into production a few years ago and I'm hooked. I mostly write EDM. The genres I write are: Progressive House, Big Room, Chillstep, Hip Hop, Techno, and Trap. (Some of these genres might change over time.) I produce my music on LMMS, but I'm transitioning to FL Studio. I'll let all you know here about what's happening. What I'm producing, etc. I'm also a bit of an artist and animator so you can always check that out too! Thanks guys!

Some recent songs by me:

Chill:

Big Room:

Hip Hop:

An Awesome Remix I made:

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-06 11:19:54

I just released my new song "Frozen Universe." It was a lot of work to make this song. It took me almost two weeks until I came up with something I liked. I enjoy this song a lot. I'm still using the trial of FL. FL is working really well for me. The annoying melody in the beginning, that little vocal fx sound I made myself. I recorded my voice a long time ago and sampled it and tuned it and threw a ton of fx on it and I got that. But yeah. @VarsityCreations loves the song. And yes bruddah (brother) I will dominate you some day! You wait and see! But yeah, that's it.

Zophar's Music Thread

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-06 15:27:28

I think I got a good big room idea. I've been working on it for about a week, and I like it so far. This might be a good one. It sounds a lot like a song that would be a geometry dash song. If you guys want me to give you a sample I will on clyp, but I think this melody can go somewhere. But if I do, tell me what you think about it. You can tell me on this thread!

Zophar's Music Thread

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-07 17:27:16

So the Big Room song I've been writing has been coming along very well. I think this might be one of my best songs. It's truly an accomplishment for me. In the future I'm going to look back and see how well I did on this song. It's kinda a mix of Big Room and Dubstep, first drop is big room, second is dubstep-ish, third is big room.
The layout of the song is basically in the beginning it kinda starts out sort of sad. It sort of has that feeling where you're lost in a dungeon or a haunted house feeling. But I'd have to let you guys be the judge on that because you guys love my stuff. I'm going to @MutantNebula's house and I'm going to show him what I've got of the song.
And I am still using the trial version of FL Studio. I love FL and I'm going to buy the Producer Edition in the future. I do think FL is harder than LMMS though. The mixing is harder. The arrangement is harder. And the production is hard. But I think that will be an easy curve in the road to climb over. When I began using LMMS I had that same problem. It was so difficult. But over time I learned how to use it and now I'm like an LMMS master!
I'm working on a story for a Halloween contest. It's where you have to write a halloween story. But it's going to take me awhile.
Now my Big Room song is going to be featured in my madness animation "Bunching Bags." I've been working on it for a few weeks. It's sort of a test to test out animation to see how to improve my animating skills. I really like working on it. Though it is very time consuming and it takes me a lot of time just to animate so many little things. I don't see how @Kenamy did it so fast in his tutorial. But @VarsityCreations this is that song that I showed you the other day that will be featured.

Zophar's Music Thread

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-09 09:32:21

Hey dude!
Cool to see your still posting here. Maybe you'd do well running a discord server.

Thanks, -̴͓̙͋̑͂̈́͊̑̈́V̴͕͈̻̭͔͌ã̶͎̲̰̚͘r̶͙̺̱͠s̷͕͈͖̜̅͐i̷̦̤͓̣̐̍̓̍́͘͝t̵͕͈̏̇́͝ÿ̴̨̞͎́̃͌̈

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-09 17:23:41

At 10/9/18 09:32 AM, VarsityCreations wrote: Hey dude!
Cool to see your still posting here. Maybe you'd do well running a discord server.

But I'm like all Newgrounds dude! Plus you sound like your advertising Discord lol.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-11 21:26:16

Hey all! I just recently got FL Studio and I actually bought it. So no more CPU corruption from leaving my projects open. But anyway it's been nice! That big room song is coming out really good! I'm so happy about it! And I got a new background for FL Studio! I love it! Oh yeah guys, my song Frozen galaxy might be going on GDR!

Zophar's Music Thread

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-12 16:23:50

At 10/12/18 04:20 PM, ENDERWOLFXXENDER wrote:
At 10/11/18 09:26 PM, Zophar wrote: Hey all! I just recently got FL Studio and I actually bought it. So no more CPU corruption from leaving my projects open. But anyway it's been nice! That big room song is coming out really good! I'm so happy about it! And I got a new background for FL Studio! I love it! Oh yeah guys, my song Frozen galaxy might be going on GDR!
DUDE THATS GREAT. Sometime i wanna get albleton live 12 so i can produce music!!!

I'd say both FL Studio and Ableton are really good. I've used both of them. But it really depends what type of music you're making. FL Studio is better for making EDM, and Ableton is better for recording.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-12 16:26:59

At 10/12/18 04:24 PM, ENDERWOLFXXENDER wrote:
At 10/12/18 04:23 PM, Zophar wrote:

I'd say both FL Studio and Ableton are really good. I've used both of them. But it really depends what type of music you're making. FL Studio is better for making EDM, and Ableton is better for recording.
Dubstep is what i want to produce!!!

Dubstep is pretty difficult to produce. I would go for FL for dubstep.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-13 13:39:48

Now that I've finished both NGRMC and Punching Bags, it's time to work on more music! Let's do this!

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-14 17:22:24

I'm officially entering the Spooktacular Competition. I think it'll be great! Here is a link if you'd wanna enter: https://www.newgrounds.com/collection/halloween2018

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-18 21:16:37

I've come up with a good melody for spooktacular 2018, and I like the spooky side of it!

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-23 00:04:05

just left you a review mate... here's one of mine

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-23 00:05:08

do you play MTG:Arena by any chance? i came across a player called ZopharTheMag and he kicked my ass with the most excruciating deck i've ever seen... was wondering if it was you?

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-10-23 07:01:34

At 10/23/18 12:05 AM, skitzmusic wrote: do you play MTG:Arena by any chance? i came across a player called ZopharTheMag and he kicked my ass with the most excruciating deck i've ever seen... was wondering if it was you?

No I don't play that game.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2018-11-06 06:27:15

Alright. I've come up with two ideas. They're pretty good. Sorry they're not big room. One of them is cinematic, and the other one is like a mix of the 80's, and the Chainsmokers lol.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2019-01-24 19:37:09

Okay. So I'm deciding to remix one of my old remixes I made over the summer. Yeah I know, remixing a remix. But lemme get to the point. So I'm doing this because I was recently listening to it and I thought it could use more. So that's what I'm doing. But the only difference is I'm using the original remix (the song audio file) in the song. I'm not going back into auxy to go remake it. Since the original remix was made on auxy. I am still using FL Studio for this. I so far think it's coming out great and it's gonna be my newest track so stay tuned! I was aiming for something that would be more on like trap nation. With sort of a trap / house feel. But it will be released in 10 - 20 days and I can't wait!

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Zophar's Music Thread 2019-03-25 19:28:33

At 3/25/19 03:44 PM, ENDERWOLFXXENDER wrote:
At 1/24/19 07:37 PM, Zophar wrote: Okay. So I'm deciding to remix one of my old remixes I made over the summer. Yeah I know, remixing a remix. But lemme get to the point. So I'm doing this because I was recently listening to it and I thought it could use more. So that's what I'm doing. But the only difference is I'm using the original remix (the song audio file) in the song. I'm not going back into auxy to go remake it. Since the original remix was made on auxy. I am still using FL Studio for this. I so far think it's coming out great and it's gonna be my newest track so stay tuned! I was aiming for something that would be more on like trap nation. With sort of a trap / house feel. But it will be released in 10 - 20 days and I can't wait!
Wow this thread really died

You could say.

You got dat?

BBS Signature