00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Work Out Thread

43,649 Views | 1,258 Replies

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-21 22:57:44

At 2/21/19 10:39 PM, Alias wrote:
At 2/21/19 10:26 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/21/19 08:16 PM, Sobolev wrote: A new gym has opened just now. It is only a 5-10 minute walk away and I have one more reason to start lifting again.
Everyone has to attend a training session before he can be admitted.
The gym closest to me isn't the one I really want to join but I might.

All I can do here at home is cardio.

I'm jealous of all you people doing weights.
What about buying weights for the home? I have a couple of 5 lb weights and they're great to hold/lift when you're going at home exercises like squats or lunges! You can get some pretty nice ones from Target too!

I do have some little 5lb and 10 lb weights yep, but that's it

I use them with beach body workouts and stuff

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-21 22:59:11

At 2/21/19 10:37 PM, Alias wrote: I had my first cheat day in a year and almost two months today. I didn't log a single bit of the food I ate. But it is my birthday so I'm giving myself a pass today. Fitbit also had this cute note for me (attached). And I'm planning on going to the gym tomorrow to get back into the swing of things. I refuse to let one cheat day turn in to two!

Yeah, you allowed to eat on your birthday!

But I try to cut back on cheat days because you're right, they easily turn into cheat weeks!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-21 23:01:08

At 2/21/19 10:57 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/21/19 08:16 PM, Sobolev wrote: A new gym has opened just now. It is only a 5-10 minute walk away and I have one more reason to start lifting again.

What about buying weights for the home? I have a couple of 5 lb weights and they're great to hold/lift when you're going at home exercises like squats or lunges! You can get some pretty nice ones from Target too!

I'm gonna come spend a week with you and we're gonna do beach body workouts two times a day and eat a lot of protein and we are going to look HAWT at the beach this summer!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-21 23:03:08

At 2/21/19 11:01 PM, Alias wrote:

I'm gonna come spend a week with you and we're gonna do beach body workouts two times a day and eat a lot of protein and we are going to look HAWT at the beach this summer!!

I just ordered 2 bikinis from Adore Me, so I gotta stay with it.

(Here's one of them)

iu_8857_1414829.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-21 23:14:14

At 2/21/19 11:03 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/21/19 11:01 PM, Alias wrote:

I just ordered 2 bikinis from Adore Me, so I gotta stay with it.

(Here's one of them)

I love it. So retro! Take a pic in it while you're eating cherries and wearing a headband just like that for me!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-22 16:31:36

iu_8940_5867179.jpgCrushed it today!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-22 16:50:14

I didn't do abs this week. (Already admitting defeat for tonight...)

I did go to the gym three times this week though so I've kept that up. My shoulders, chest, and arms are starting to look pretty tight again. If I could just focus on doing abs a couple of times a week I'd be doing well.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-23 01:03:16

I'm really imoressed that I can do upside pull ups again. Its been like 10 years since I could do those.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-23 07:09:16

At 2/23/19 01:03 AM, Fro wrote: I'm really imoressed that I can do upside pull ups again. Its been like 10 years since I could do those.

I don't know if I could EVER do one

*high five*

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-23 14:55:45 (edited 2019-02-23 14:56:06)

iu_9100_5867179.jpgmy arms and core are sore from yesterday, figured why not go for a full body soreness and threw in legs today too (only bcuz I'm drinking beer and eating pretzels at tonight's hockey game #gocbj)

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-23 19:04:53

At 2/23/19 07:09 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/23/19 01:03 AM, Fro wrote: I'm really imoressed that I can do upside pull ups again. Its been like 10 years since I could do those.

*high five*

At one point I could do sit ups by hanging from my legs. Now I refuse to do normal ones and rather nap..

At 2/23/19 02:55 PM, Alias wrote: my arms and core are sore from yesterday, figured why not go for a full body soreness and threw in legs today too (only bcuz I'm drinking beer and eating pretzels at tonight's hockey game #gocbj)

Woo!

I'm going to a party tonight. I usually end up not drinking at parties so I can drive us home afterwards, but I'm definetly having a few beers tonight.

Tonight will basically cancel out the 3 hour walk I went on today.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-24 00:56:26

At 2/23/19 07:04 PM, Fro wrote:
At 2/23/19 07:09 AM, SevenSeize wrote:

*high five*
At one point I could do sit ups by hanging from my legs. Now I refuse to do normal ones and rather nap..

At 2/23/19 02:55 PM, Alias wrote: my arms and core are sore from yesterday, figured why not go for a full body soreness and threw in legs today too (only bcuz I'm drinking beer and eating pretzels at tonight's hockey game #gocbj)
Woo!

I'm going to a party tonight. I usually end up not drinking at parties so I can drive us home afterwards, but I'm definetly having a few beers tonight.

Tonight will basically cancel out the 3 hour walk I went on today.

Get lit Fro!

I definitely feel like all the booze I've had this weekend has cancelled out all my working out...but it's my birthday weekend so I refuse to feel bad about this. 😎

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-24 02:05:24

At 2/22/19 04:50 PM, Fro wrote: I didn't do abs this week. (Already admitting defeat for tonight...)

Slacker!

I did go to the gym three times this week though so I've kept that up. My shoulders, chest, and arms are starting to look pretty tight again. If I could just focus on doing abs a couple of times a week I'd be doing well.

If you alternate weight day, cardio day, weight, cardio... you could try to add them to cardio days. I used to do them on leg day, which worked ok. I'm trying to get back in shape now. I'm doing ok, but my equipment is limited.

What be those??

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-24 10:08:52

Set o' 10 squats in a row, 10 attempted quarter-crunches and 10 pushups for about thrice a day. Better than nothing I suppose.

At 9/29/18 10:05 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/29/18 09:55 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: DBF who do you "swordfight" with? Zorn?
Zorn is still alive, so no.

This post hasn't aged well.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-24 12:32:41

At 2/24/19 10:08 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 9/29/18 10:05 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/29/18 09:55 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: DBF who do you "swordfight" with? Zorn?
Zorn is still alive, so no.
This post hasn't aged well.

Well, I did end up having to swordfight Zorn eventually. I've cleaned my yard thrice since then, but I still find pieces of Zorn occasionally.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-24 23:22:43

At 2/24/19 02:05 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 2/22/19 04:50 PM, Fro wrote: I didn't do abs this week. (Already admitting defeat for tonight...)
Slacker!

It's my damn hip I tell you. I'm alright picking up heavy things, but the hip is really getting to be a nagging old man injury of mine. I don't even really know what I did. Sneezed too hard one day or something.

If you alternate weight day, cardio day, weight, cardio... you could try to add them to cardio days. I used to do them on leg day, which worked ok. I'm trying to get back in shape now. I'm doing ok, but my equipment is limited.

I don't mind doing that, but getting to weights at the gym here can be difficult so I end up jumping on the machine or equipment that I've been waiting for just to get a decent workout throughout the week. I really just need to get back to jogging back home from work every day. I think that playing pokemon go has discouraged me from doing that... I don't want to miss stuff... I'm going to do it tomorrow! Mark my words!

At 2/23/19 01:03 AM, Fro wrote: I'm really impressed that I can do upside pull ups again. Its been like 10 years since I could do those.
What be those??

Grab the pull up bar, hang upside down and either tuck your knees in or put them straight up in the air so you look like you're about to do a pull up, but completely upside down. Then do a pull up, but upside down. :P

I use to do upside down pulls ups to, but they seem to hurt too much now. Hanging on the pull up bars with the bar behind your knees. Now I just get a pinch that doesn't make them worth it.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-25 07:19:21

I'm up and doing my daily 100 squats.

I'm not at my weight goal yet but I'm loving my rear and legs and the squats have been worth the effort.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-25 13:41:57

At 2/25/19 01:03 PM, Zymbot wrote: I started doing squats.

Did 30 of them a couple days ago and my thighs were sore for 2 days. Goes to show it's an area I've been neglecting.

Did 30 again today, with no pain.

I've done 70 so far today and I'm feeling them

:-)

Gonna work in as many more as I can do today but I make myself do 100 daily

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-26 19:27:33

My poor thighs needed a break from squats, so I only did 50 today, and instead started a two week ab course on daily yoga. Now everything hurts, and not just my thighs!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-26 23:52:05

Yeah, I have 8 yoga poses I do a day. And I alternate daily between the other exercises. (twists, jumping jacks, lifting, plank rows, mountain climbers, squats, pushups, still waiting to pick up that pull up bar no one's using to add those.)

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-26 23:53:51

At 2/26/19 11:52 PM, AnimeDrummer wrote: Yeah, I have 8 yoga poses I do a day. And I alternate daily between the other exercises. (twists, jumping jacks, lifting, plank rows, mountain climbers, squats, pushups, still waiting to pick up that pull up bar no one's using to add those.)

I'm having a lot of trouble with my form during triangle pose.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-27 10:37:31

At 2/26/19 11:53 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/26/19 11:52 PM, AnimeDrummer wrote: Yeah, I have 8 yoga poses I do a day. And I alternate daily between the other exercises. (twists, jumping jacks, lifting, plank rows, mountain climbers, squats, pushups, still waiting to pick up that pull up bar no one's using to add those.)

Yeah I tried those. Not sure if the extended side angles are more challenging.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-27 11:00:04

At 2/27/19 10:37 AM, AnimeDrummer wrote:
At 2/26/19 11:53 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
Yeah I tried those. Not sure if the extended side angles are more challenging.

I know you are supposed to be like perfectly aligned, all your body on the same plane or whatever, and I always end up leaning forward a little.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-27 12:42:35

eat some nitrate rich veggies and perform this workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgqVkXC57o

ive pretty much walk faster than 98 percent of people outside and can do it nonstop so this workout doesnt tire me out easily

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-27 23:14:41

Even tho I went crazy with booze/food during my birthday celebrations, I still managed to lose .5% of my body fat and maintain my weight, which is quite impressive. I have a spring break road trip coming up which means eating on the road/being crammed in a car for hours at a time.

I'll definitely do some hiking once I get to where I'm going, but I'm also contemplating bringing a five lb weight so I can work on arms in the car 😂

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-02-27 23:19:06

At 2/27/19 11:14 PM, Alias wrote: Even tho I went crazy with booze/food during my birthday celebrations, I still managed to lose .5% of my body fat and maintain my weight, which is quite impressive. I have a spring break road trip coming up which means eating on the road/being crammed in a car for hours at a time.

I'll definitely do some hiking once I get to where I'm going, but I'm also contemplating bringing a five lb weight so I can work on arms in the car 😂

I weigh myself Friday, and while I've been in a calorie deficit every day this week, my deficit hasnt been as much as I'd like.

I try to be 1000 in the hole every day.

I haven't been overeating, but I haven't been as mindful of it as I should be.

Also I have a migraine right now ugh

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-03-01 13:56:44

Crushed weights at the gym until I was dripping in sweat. Even joined the cardio bitches for the last five minutes, slamming the highest intensity on the elliptical.

Made lunch for tomorrow's long work day also, pb&j and fruit.

Just need another 2,000 steps today.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-03-01 14:06:27

At 3/1/19 01:56 PM, Alias wrote: Crushed weights at the gym until I was dripping in sweat. Even joined the cardio bitches for the last five minutes, slamming the highest intensity on the elliptical.

Made lunch for tomorrow's long work day also, pb&j and fruit.

Just need another 2,000 steps today.

*fist bump*

I'm on day 2 of a migraine so I'm watching calorie intake super careful in case I dont get to work out

Weighed myself and no gain, but no loss either

That said, I've been able to fit into some smaller clothes, old clothes I havent worn in like a decade, so its possible I'm gaining muscle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-03-01 15:12:07

It looked like such a promising week when it started. Monday I bumped up my bench by about 10 pounds and got a really good chest workout in. I did abs that night and was feeling good about the week.

Spent the rest of the week, including today sick. We'll try again on Monday. :(

Response to The Work Out Thread 2019-03-01 15:26:34

At 3/1/19 03:12 PM, Fro wrote: It looked like such a promising week when it started. Monday I bumped up my bench by about 10 pounds and got a really good chest workout in. I did abs that night and was feeling good about the week.

Spent the rest of the week, including today sick. We'll try again on Monday. :(

I made you sick

It happened when we modded you

We need to go through the mod lounge with lysol

BBS Signature