00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest!

109,606 Views | 195 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Anyone watching the front paged this week can see we've fallen in love with Bowsette.

Nintendo opened Pandora's box when they introduced the Super Crown and now anyone in the Mushroom Kingdom can wear it.

We've seen Boo Peach and Shypeach but want to open the floodgate to ALL the mash-ups people care to make. And yes, that even includes more Bowsette.

The theme of this contest is: Who Wears the Crown?

Stick that Super Crown on any Mario character you like and show us the results with a piece of original art. If you're totally lost, the Super Crown turns any character into a hybrid of themselves and Princess Peach.

Our favorite piece will receive a Nintendo Switch, or the US cash equivalent if you live somewhere we can't send a Switch to.

To participate, upload your art to the Art Portal by October 7th at 11:59PM EST.

Tag your entry with "SuperCrown" to show it is part of the competition. If you aren't scouted on NG, your entry won't show in the default listings but we will see it for judging! For the opportunity to be scouted, you need to upload at least four pieces of art you've made.

If you already uploaded relevant art, you can add the SuperCrown tag to participate retroactively. If you've already shared relevant art elsewhere, you can now share it on Newgrounds too! You can even submit more than one entry.

The winner will be decided here in the Newgrounds office but we'll be looking at reviews and view counts as well, so encourage everyone to check out your entry.

Site Updates

If you missed it, we released a big voting and review overhaul last week.

This update touched a ton of files and @liljim and @PsychoGoldfish have been fixing a variety of bugs and loose ends in the days since. As of today, emote reactions to your posts and reviews now show in your feed!

You may also notice lists of "Hidden user" having liked your reviews. This is the legacy data of people who clicked the old "+" button on your review. We converted these to smiley reactions but we don't reveal who the users were, since that data was private at the time.

If you hate reactions in your feed, you can click that gear icon in the feed to disable them and go here when you're curious.

Contest promo art by @PhantomArcade!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

oh shit god damn and the haters said this meme wasnt good then NG hits us with this good contest

also Phantom's art should win

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:47:57

Definitely a smart move in doing this contest, might get some more people interested in checking NG out since there's a prize involved. And man I fucking love this Bowsette trend going on, I can't fucking get enough of it and I need more. I want to OD on Bowsette art.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:52:09

Phanny should win, give out a prize and move on Tom
Your kinks are showing!

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:53:00

At 9/26/18 04:46 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: oh shit god damn and the haters said this meme wasnt good

also Phantom's art should win

The haters will have to deal.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:53:11

.........hm.

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:56:01

Can we submit multiple entries?

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 16:56:26

At 9/26/18 04:56 PM, DarkNeedle101 wrote: Can we submit multiple entries?

Yup!

BBS Signature

This is amazing and i cant wait to give this a shot!. By any chance is there a limit to entry seeming i already have a bowsette piece in work but would also like to do an original fusion, would it be okay to submit both or only one. Im sorry if you did cover this and im just blind!!!

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:02:35

fuckin smart

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:04:26

At 9/26/18 04:57 PM, Smol-Png wrote: This is amazing and i cant wait ti give this a shot!. By any chance is there a limit to entrys seeming i already have a bowsette piece in work but would also like to do an original fusion, would it be okay to submit both or only one. IM sorry if you did cover this and im just blind!!!

No limit, you can submit both!

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:06:09

thank you for the response, time to start drawing

Does any character related to Mario games count? Such as Super Mario RPG and other spin offs? Lets say Geno or Fawful?

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:08:50

At 9/26/18 04:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: The theme of this contest is: Who Wears the Crown?

i made a drawing of a scuttlebug wearing the crown! i don't want to submit it to the art portal, but i might as well put it here

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/fe4130c0b683791a45e63b03ca8672ef

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:08:53

At 9/26/18 05:08 PM, Geckone wrote: Does any character related to Mario games counts? Such as Super Mario RPG and other spin offs? Lets say Geno or Fawful?

Yeah go nuts.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:13:21

do you have to live in the US to participate, or will the switch be shipped internationally aswell :^

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:14:57

At 9/26/18 04:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: To participate, upload your art to the Art Portal by October 7th at 11:59PM EST.

i was just wondering, do you HAVE to submit to the art portal? i made one and i don't want to submit it, but i still want to enter.

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:25:55

At 9/26/18 04:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: The theme of this contest is: Who Wears the Crown?

Hum... It's ok if I do another Bowsette?

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 17:45:12

soooooooo.... can it be lewd art?

Does it have to be SFW? <.<

It is about time that NewGrounds did a big art contest for Nintendo. BTW, if you do win the free switch make sure you let everybody know in the video game forum.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:03:31

I dare anyone to draw Peachette-ette.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:07:50

At 9/26/18 06:03 PM, NE-O-N wrote: [clap]

It is time.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ne-o-n/kirbette

That is a really good entry. Congrats.
It will be really tough to beat it.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:14:09

At 9/26/18 06:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/26/18 06:03 PM, NE-O-N wrote: [clap]

It is time.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ne-o-n/kirbette
That is a really good entry. Congrats.
It will be really tough to beat it.

Really appreciate it dude! ^^ There's gonna be a crap-ton of amazing entries though given how insane the art's been for this trend so far!

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:15:25

oh no ....

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead | Anwser to all problems

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:24:39

Just as I thought I had enough of this... You know, nothing better then a contest to make you like a meme again.

Also, super cool prize for this one, I'm eager to see who wins. Too bad I don't make art, or I would totally participate.

The Original Hip Cat

{Be Rational} {You've been...}

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:35:32

At 9/26/18 06:24 PM, Xuvero wrote: Just as I thought I had enough of this... You know, nothing better then a contest to make you like a meme again.

This is the hottest meme out there. If you don't like it, you better learn to love it.

Also, super cool prize for this one, I'm eager to see who wins. Too bad I don't make art, or I would totally participate.

I could not agree with you more. If I was more of an artist, I would love to win and get that Switch.

BBS Signature

Response to Bowsette Super Crown Art Contest! 2018-09-26 18:42:53

I actually just finished mine but i havent been scouted. idk if someone would help me with that. I promise its better quality than the stuff in my gallery.

Oh hell yeah, I'll work on it tomorrow!
Looks like fun :)