@liljim just rolled out our big voting and review overhaul!
Here is what has changed:
1) You now gain 2XP the moment you score any content, 10XP per day max. Previously you had to vote on five games and/or movies before logging 10XP as a single deposit.
2) The Pico voting bar and review score bar have been merged into a single score bar, featuring tankman Steve, illustrated by @IvanAlmighty.
3) You can now edit both your score and review. You can delete your review, too.
4) You still have to score a submission in order to review it but you can now hide your score if you aren't into that sort of thing; we've talked to a lot of artists who aren't.
5) You can now react to reviews with emotes, in place of the old +/- system.
Take it for a spin and let us know what you think!
If you've been lurking NG and never signed up, this would be a great time to make an account and start engaging with all the cool people here.
LAST MINUTE UPDATE - WE NEED SOME HELP!
Ok so to explain our voting system... Prior to 2015, you could vote on the same entry every day if you wanted to and keep driving its score up or down (this is where the term zero bombing started). We logged the votes but we didn't keep any long-term logs of who had cast the vote.
Starting in 2015, we changed the system to allow one vote per user per submission.
Today, we have done a merge. If you reviewed a piece of content at any point in NG history, your review score is now your vote score for that piece of content. Otherwise, if you voted on something after 2015, that vote data is still on record unless it was replaced by your review score.
We are now ignoring the "anonymous" vote data from 2000-2015.
As a result, we have old submissions with lower vote totals and high scores that might not best reflect community consensus.
Now would be a GREAT time to browse the Best of All Time rankings and give some honest scores to the submissions you see. We expect everything to self-correct with time.
FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE
If you published art between yesterday and this morning, it probably get stuck with "Include in the Art Portal" box not checked. If you go to your edit form and check the box, it will then appear in the Art Portal. This is fixed now so all new art submissions are fine.