00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners

6,877 Views | 29 Replies
Respond to this Topic

There was some YouTube drama this week when @Oney got demonetized (it has been resolved). People were tweeting about how Newgrounds needs to make a comeback, so I tweeted this reminder that NG needs thousands more Supporters to be competitive with YouTube. It got passed around a good bit.

As a result we've crossed 1,800 active supporters for the first time ever! We came a few people shy during a push earlier this year but gravity took over and slowly pulled the total back down. Recurring subscriptions vs single month are especially appreciated!

While growth spurts like this are a fleeting moment, it's cool to see NG reach a new peak each time. We're still working towards greater growth and retention for the long haul and hoping to cross the 2K mark before the year is up. Thank you everyone who has helped the cause. Your support is why NG is still here and how development continues.

Beyond financial support, your views, votes, reviews, likes, follows and comments are all great contributions. A lot of artists say they get their highest quality feedback on Newgrounds; I would love to see that continue and grow!

In other community news, @MarcyVF and @TommyVF have been working on Space Chickens in Space for Disney XD and Channel Nine Australia!

@Squidly is bringing Renaine to the Switch and will be living the dream at Tokyo Game Show.

If you missed the Best of August, there are some cool community notes there as well.

Sexy Ugly Animation Jam

The winners of our Sexy People Doing Ugly Things Jam have been determined!

1st - 10th

Thank you @Spazkid, @IvanAlmighty and @PhantomArcade for judging, combined with the results of the audience vote.

Anyone who has been watching the Summer Animation Jams knows that @KarlSia put on a phenomenal showing. Regardless of the Basement Jam outcome, Karl has already locked down the #1 spot with 39 points. Congrats Karl!

The remaining winners are still in play. @DooderDoo is currently in 2nd with 20 points, followed by @BadTwinz with 18 and @BrandyBuizel with 16.

Finally, good luck to everyone facing Hurricane Florence this week! Keep us posted on how things are going if you have access. We're expecting a lot of rain in PA but nothing like what is happening down south.

Closing picture from Neo Nue.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 13:53:08

shoutouts to my boy BrandyBuizel for taking 3rd this round, and snailpirate for taking 5th, and congrats to the other winners too. Also congrats to Squidly for getting Renaine onto Switch and in TGS. It doesn't seem too long ago when I was playing the first version of the game he release, cool to be able to follow his journey like this.

Also congrats on 1.8K supporters too. It's only a matter of time before NG is at the top of the world and ruling the internet

sicko mode

BBS Signature

YEAH! Another step closer to world domination! The world better prepare! I long to help build up this number, I only need to get my finances straight, then I'll be good for it!

And about the Anim Jam: it was great, at first I thought it was a bit of a weird theme, but it was really good. My favourite was Sexy Beats & Sexy Eats. Everyone has done a great job, I'm really looking forward for the next one!

EDIT: Got really happy after reading the tweets, maybe all the hate that YouTube had been getting lately will get us some more attention. Dunno it should turn into the mainstream source of video. Maybe staying just as a niche animation thing, and perhaps some live action. But I have been seeing some new animators coming, they're starters, and it's cool that they are trying out here!

The Original Hip Cat

{Be Rational} {You've been...}

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 14:33:22

At 9/13/18 02:10 PM, Xuvero wrote: EDIT: Got really happy after reading the tweets, maybe all the hate that YouTube had been getting lately will get us some more attention. Dunno it should turn into the mainstream source of video. Maybe staying just as a niche animation thing, and perhaps some live action. But I have been seeing some new animators coming, they're starters, and it's cool that they are trying out here!

(Ran out of edit time): I think that what is most cool about some of these new people that are showing up is that some seem to have never been here before and/or have never heard of NG before. That is cool because it means that someone has recommended Newgrounds for them or that they looked for a place to post their animations and/or games and NG has showed up. We're still up for it, baby!

The Original Hip Cat

{Be Rational} {You've been...}

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 14:45:00

Oh yeah, congrats on the supporters, Tom! That's awesome! I hope NG does make a comeback. Congrats to all the winners for this jam, too, there was some very good stuff! And congrats to @KarlSia, seriously, the win is 100% deserved. You've had fresh ideas and have been putting out quality content the whole summer! You must be exhausted, but I can't wait to see how you wrap your story up (if you wrap it up for the last jam). So, yeah, congrats once again, everyone!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 15:41:02

Oh shit I got 5th place! Thanks, I'm glad some people liked it! And I'm super glad that there has been a bunch of new supporters recently. I became one at the beginning of August and have it for the entire year. Even if it's only a little bit of money, I wanna keep supporting this site as much as I can!

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 16:31:51

awesome update! glad to hear more supporters are jumping on board!!

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 16:52:41

Maybe you can make the newgrounds office into a hurricane shelter, ill bring some beer.

Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 17:15:04

At 9/13/18 04:52 PM, Luis wrote: Maybe you can make the newgrounds office into a hurricane shelter, ill bring some beer.

Also first post.

That crossed my mind, we actually did some spray foaming and gutter cleaning today to prepare for all the rain. Curious to see what goes wrong at home too... It might not be that bad though. @Clatform is visiting tomorrow would you wanna swing by here?

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 18:15:53

Congrats to all the winners. Nice job.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-13 21:54:28

At 9/13/18 01:53 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: shoutouts to my boy BrandyBuizel for taking 3rd this round, and snailpirate for taking 5th, and congrats to the other winners too. Also congrats to Squidly for getting Renaine onto Switch and in TGS. It doesn't seem too long ago when I was playing the first version of the game he release, cool to be able to follow his journey like this.

Also congrats on 1.8K supporters too. It's only a matter of time before NG is at the top of the world and ruling the internet

Stop flexing about me. I'm gonna dethrone DooderDoo just you wait!
Rad, let's get 2k supporters going by the new year

At 9/13/18 02:45 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: Oh yeah, congrats on the supporters, Tom! That's awesome! I hope NG does make a comeback. Congrats to all the winners for this jam, too, there was some very good stuff! And congrats to @KarlSia, seriously, the win is 100% deserved. You've had fresh ideas and have been putting out quality content the whole summer! You must be exhausted, but I can't wait to see how you wrap your story up (if you wrap it up for the last jam). So, yeah, congrats once again, everyone!

Thanks for appreciating my work! And thanks Tom, I try my best!

Incredibly exhausted for sure, but the good kind of exhausted. Not quite sure if I could catch up for this last one, but we'll see. And even though I did, its tough to end the story with this last one. Maybe I could continue this further even after the summer jams are over.

Fun fact! My first ever flash animation i uploaded on Newgrounds, which I'm pretty sure was of stick figures fighting (I was hooked on xiao xiao), got blammed back during 2005. I think I was 9 years old at the time and had to ask someone older to make an account for me. I remember this yellow sludge monster on the blammed notification page, and thought it was funny that blamming was an actual thing here. Fast forward now and here's your boi making a comeback!

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 00:00:27

Congrats to the winners!

death

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 02:59:59

Congratz to winers!
I hope to take a part in next jams as soon as I can.

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 09:08:30

At 9/13/18 05:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/13/18 04:52 PM, Luis wrote: Maybe you can make the newgrounds office into a hurricane shelter, ill bring some beer.

Also first post.
That crossed my mind, we actually did some spray foaming and gutter cleaning today to prepare for all the rain. Curious to see what goes wrong at home too... It might not be that bad though. @Clatform is visiting tomorrow would you wanna swing by here?

I'm workin otherwise i would, i'm on vacation next week so i can't not show up for work!

None

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 15:03:33

Thank you so much for the shout out :D

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 15:57:47

Best news ever!!

Thanks for the 2nd Place and support! It means a lot!

The next one Im currently working on is based on an old folk story during 1940's Poland. Hopefully that'll be interesting to see.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 19:35:44

Makes me proud to see NGers in the big kid industry doin' thangs. Imma be there one day.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-14 23:57:57

At 9/14/18 05:25 PM, BadTwinZ wrote: Thanks for the 2nd Place and support! It means a lot!

You are welcome. You really deserved it.

The next one Im currently working on is based on an old folk story during 1940's Poland. Hopefully that'll be interesting to see.

That sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to checking it out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-15 13:26:40

C'mon on Tom, we expect a lot of rain in PA everyday lol.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-16 08:23:20

Well that's a lot of supporters. Also congrats to the winners. For my opinion, on to make NG better, it should take a lot of time of effort for this. (I want to type on how it would get better, but that would be for another post...)

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-16 18:24:30

Congrats to all the winners! Also yeah YouTube is smelly, sweaty balls

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-17 17:20:49

At 9/14/18 07:35 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Makes me proud to see NGers in the big kid industry doin' thangs. Imma be there one day.

Same here man. Wish I was around a bit earlier into NG, but I still feel like I've been here since the beginning sometimes. Here's to eventually getting 2,000 supporters! ^o^

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-17 23:13:34

At 9/17/18 05:20 PM, Ovcharkaa wrote:
At 9/14/18 07:35 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Makes me proud to see NGers in the big kid industry doin' thangs. Imma be there one day.
Same here man. Wish I was around a bit earlier into NG, but I still feel like I've been here since the beginning sometimes. Here's to eventually getting 2,000 supporters! ^o^

Just for bragging rights, I wish I would've made an account from the beginning when I started coming here around '02/'03

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-18 04:44:01

I'm not very active these days, and I was never very good at creating anything, but I never would have even tried if it wasn't for Newgrounds. I've had lots of good feedback and even met an online mentor thanks to this website, and I hope it never goes away.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-19 11:05:52

At 9/18/18 08:20 PM, C wrote: Already a supporter, but I've retweeted this from my website's (relatively small) Twitter account, and I'll do so from my (even smaller) personal account as well. Really happy to hear that Newgrounds has surpassed that mark, and hopefully it can help us get closer to that ever more important 2,000.

It's cool that we're still holding some momentum towards 1,900 supporters, although around this time next month we'll see a lot of one month purchases expire. I like to think some of the upcoming site updates and some changes in the banner promotion can get us there this year though.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-19 13:31:40

Yeah, I get it man.

BBS Signature

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-09-20 05:38:57

Congrats! Hope you reach that 2.000 soon, looking forward to that!

Response to 1,800 Supporters, Sexy Ugly Winners 2018-10-21 17:59:50

Pretty belated Congrats to the winners here!

Supporters seem to be climbing close to 2,000 too already! :D And yet it's barely halfway on the monthly goal... anyway that Twitter post was fun to read up on. So many people gettin' involved. Good hopes for the the NG future!

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature