00:00
00:00

Hotel Dusk Room 215 Retro Review

394 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hotel Dusk Room 215 Retro Review 2018-08-30 07:17:44

A mystery novel game with new ideas, interesting story and characters still captivate people today.

Hotel Dusk Room 215 is a Mystery Novel style game with Interesting Characters, Challenging Puzzles, good Story, and good writing. This game was released in 2007 by Nintendo and Cing for the Nintendo DS while the game is good it does have some flaws and while it was received well it faded into obscurity.

Plot: The game is set in the 70's you play Ex NYPD cop turned Door to Door salesman Kyle Hyde. You were told by your boss Ed Vincent through his secretary Rachel to acquire some items at Hotel Dusk. As you arrive you are introduced to the Hotels owner Dunning Smith who tells you someone stayed under your name now Kyle has been searching for his old partner Brian Bradley. Kyle gets his room and the Adventure Begins

Story: The story is well thought out and plays out well the beginning is slow to start but once it does its very good. At some points though it feels predictable and not related although it does a good job of creating questions and making the player wonder. I feel the story is to short though and at the end, it begins to speed through cutting outside plots and leaves questions unanswered. The ending is good but also a bit anticlimactic.

Gameplay: The game is an interactive novel with no voice acting but it is very well written. To play you must hold the DS like a notebook with two view styles. On the left is Kyle's View its a very anime style very well drawn. The right is an overhead map view in which you use to move Kyle both present different views to help you navigate the hotel. There are times when the game loses you and doesn't really tell you where to go so if you miss something while reading it can be very unforgiving.

Characters: The Characters are well written and hold lots of secrets. As you progress through the game you begin learning more about the patrons and staff of Hotel dusk along with Kyle. I also feel though that we don't learn enough and there are some missed opportunity and lots of potential in them. Overall great characters who reveal more about the story and the protagonist.

In conclusion, this game and review while well written and well played does have some story holes predictable gameplay and doesn't answer all the questions. Despite all it's flaws this is a good game that went under the radar and wasn't given enough credit. I would love to see more games like this or see another game exploring more on the story. What do you guys think? Did I miss anything? What your opinion on Hotel Dusk? Let me know in the comments below.

Just a typical gamer trying to get by. I love video games and hope to be an online essay writer for a video game company.

Response to Hotel Dusk Room 215 Retro Review 2018-09-07 03:11:56

i loved it but its really slow sometimes, the whole process of moving around and looking at stuff, examining stuff and manipulating things is a bit taxing, but it was worth it, i loved the soundtrack. i might get the sequel and other games that the developer cing made, but it wasnt released in the US

BBS Signature

Response to Hotel Dusk Room 215 Retro Review 2018-09-07 17:36:02

I own that game.

I haven't played it, but I own it.