00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Remastered OST From Old Games

2,141 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-08-29 07:46:50

Hello and Welcome to Remake Heaven, the place where nostalgia and music meets one another!

Vote Next Remake: https://www.eluukkanen.com/youtube-poll.html

Listen Music at SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/remake-heaven

This is a music project of one composer who wants to bring back old nostalgic songs from games and remake them in the respected way for the new generation. I have been prepairing a huge load of songs which will be uploaded here due time. Every week I will be remastering and releasing that at Remake Heaven and at my YouTube channel

I make remakes either from scratch or use midi as a base which people have made and shared in internet (all will be credited).

Latest Remake

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-08-29 08:17:37

Are you a part of Materia Collective yet? Also, there's the audio advertisements thread for this stuff.

Reason I ask about MateriaColl is because well, that stuff happens on a large basis there.

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-08-30 08:32:51

A new Remake of old classic song in Age of Empires 2 OST, Machina del Diablo!

At 8/29/18 08:17 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Are you a part of Materia Collective yet? Also, there's the audio advertisements thread for this stuff.

Reason I ask about MateriaColl is because well, that stuff happens on a large basis there.

Hi Troisnyx! Yep not part of any of that, but checked out Materia Collective after your suggestion.

I am not really going to put them to advertisement thread as this is going to be a large collection of music. Indeed there are already over 70 of these, and counting.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-08-30 10:38:20

U should do shantae

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-08-31 07:46:46

At 8/30/18 09:36 AM, IoTheEternal wrote: Using midis others have made, even crediting them, is no longer allowed on the site.

Refer to THIS thread

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I will share the songs outside of the forum ;)

At 8/30/18 10:38 AM, GavinPyon wrote: U should do shantae

Shanta? Haven't heard of it, but just googled. It is possible. Once I get voting system back to work, people can vote their favourite series to be remastered

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-04 05:40:13

Time to dive deep back to Aquaria Towers with a new remake!

It was the most memorable level from my childhood, Aquaria Towers. I remember distinct enemies and at the time the world felt huge. You could swim anywhere, and try to avoid those terrifying sharks. Spyro was in his element in water!

At 8/31/18 03:04 PM, zelazon wrote: Aside from the remix contest, I feel like doing remixes on game is super risky these days, even though I haven't done a gaming remix since 2011-12 (I think).

I think if you do not monetize your track, in gaming remixes people do not care. I have been even liked by the composers of the original pieces when I have shared these to them, let alone publishers. Other areas like film music or music video covers is a different case.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-04 11:34:26

Did you ever do original tracks? Making remix is too chill for me.

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-04 13:52:08

At 9/4/18 12:27 PM, zelazon wrote:
At 9/4/18 05:40 AM, eluukkanen wrote:
At 8/31/18 03:04 PM, zelazon wrote: Aside from the remix contest, I feel like doing remixes on game is super risky these days, even though I haven't done a gaming remix since 2011-12 (I think).
I think if you do not monetize your track, in gaming remixes people do not care. I have been even liked by the composers of the original pieces when I have shared these to them, let alone publishers. Other areas like film music or music video covers is a different case.
Well, in a specific case, because Nintendo has started cracking down on a lot of site that holds emulators and games, you never know if they're really going to be looking at people who make remixes for their songs. The song made from them (and any other property) is theirs to own for that matter.

Better to be safe than sorry.

If it's any consolation, Yasunori Mitsuda wants his songs to be remixable / coverable, and he's asking Square Enix. So any Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross / etc. fans, keep your eyes open.

MateriaColl tend to be big on licensing and getting the right accreditation for ANY project they do, so to actually hear this news from them, and from Mitsuda's mouth, is quite something.

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-04 18:29:21

You should totally make an account on Overclocked Remix!

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-04 21:53:26

If they're remakes, you shouldn't put "remastered" anywhere on there

jus sayin

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-06 03:27:23

At 9/4/18 11:34 AM, I0TA wrote: Did you ever do original tracks? Making remix is too chill for me.

I do both. My job is to do music for projects, animations and games. That's what I do for living. This is just a hobby of mine.

At 9/4/18 12:27 PM, zelazon wrote:
At 9/4/18 05:40 AM, eluukkanen wrote:
Well, in a specific case, because Nintendo has started cracking down on a lot of site that holds emulators and games, you never know if they're really going to be looking at people who make remixes for their songs. The song made from them (and any other property) is theirs to own for that matter.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Good point, but I believe there is not that big of a worry. Emulator sites have had lawsuits as Nintendo, at least claims, that these sites made losses for them. In the worst case scenario they could make me to stop my work, to which I will agree upon of course, but I bet they are not going to put charges.

At 9/4/18 06:29 PM, BlazingFlash97 wrote: You should totally make an account on Overclocked Remix!

Got one here: https://ocremix.org/community/topic/44265-remake-heaven-remixes-and-remakes-every-monday/

At 9/4/18 09:53 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: If they're remakes, you shouldn't put "remastered" anywhere on there

jus sayin

Remaster refers to changing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic. I think this qualifies.

BBS Signature

At 9/6/18 03:27 AM, eluukkanen wrote: Remaster refers to changing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic. I think this qualifies.

[...] of the original material. Not recreated from scratch.

This is a remaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm98z5ne46s

This is a remake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZQ98mWeto

I appreciate your work. It's good. I'd just prefer you use the correct terminology.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-09 15:19:38

I made a remix of song B from Tetris
Link is here: Tetris Song B (Remix)

I'm online almost all the time

Blue Electro Loop below

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-09 15:24:28

At 9/9/18 03:19 PM, NockEmGD wrote: I made a remix of song B from Tetris

I think this is elukannen's thread of his remakes but uh....

At 9/9/18 03:24 PM, Troisnyx wrote:

Well, do what, here's another one I uploaded recently: Bomberman Oldschool

Blue Electro Loop below

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-09 15:58:56

At 9/9/18 03:57 PM, NockEmGD wrote:

So what? This is someone else's music thread. If you want to promote your own remakes, make your own portfolio thread. Don't hijack someone else's.

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-09 16:00:49

So what? This is someone else's music thread. If you want to promote your own remakes, make your own portfolio thread. Don't hijack someone else's.

Ok then

Blue Electro Loop below

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-11 06:02:48

Bradn new work! Heroic Theme of Fire Emblem 1 Remastered and Remade with horns, violins and drums!

At 9/9/18 03:58 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 9/9/18 03:57 PM, NockEmGD wrote:

Yeah, that is true Troisnyx, it would be as rude as if someone would just come to your own shop you have made and put advertisements from a shop next door. Its not that hard to start your own thread.

If I were you NockEmGD I would edit the links out of those comments, but you do you.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-09-17 15:12:46

Time for another Remastered track! Ogremon’s theme remastered from Digimon World 1!

Digimon World OST Remastered | Ogremon Theme

This song from Digimon world 1 soundtrack is a very small piece, but I did like it. It was very ogre-like theme. I put a lot of horns, drums and other instruments together to make it distinct from ps1 theme, yet, not too close to modern.

BBS Signature

Spyro Desert Level Scorch Remastered and Remixed inspired by upcomign reignited trilogy!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXZN4YpAGcU

Scorch in Spyro 2 Ripto's rage has left a mark, as it was a middle-east inspired level with unique NPC's and fund background music from the Spyro OST. Song is built on flute melody in the beginning, which turns into organ and bass movement later on. Song made me originally very excited on playing the level as it has very lively desert and fairytale feel.

When remastering it, I added this bit arabic desert music feeling part with choir and darker tone. I think its a good contrast against lighthearted Spyro feel. I saw a picture of Scorch realm when Activision released pictures for Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Looking forward to see it remade!

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-10-01 16:26:24

Music For Matoya's Cave in Final Fantasy 1, fully remastered! Listen in YouTube

Let's go back to 1987 when Squaresoft (later Square Enix) made Final Fantasy, and let me tell you that Nobuo Uematsu has made some very memorable melodies for many Final Fantasy entries, but music for Final Fantasy 1 soundtrack is truly classic as melodies stand up even after almost 40 years!

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-10-08 10:06:55

Remastered Firework Factory Music to celebrate soon-to-be released Spyro Reignited Trilogy! WATCH IN YOUTUBE

Firework Factory has always been an unique case when looking at the music in Spyro OST. At the same time its a Spyro song but at the same time it feels like middle of evolution towards Ratchet and Clank music. The level itself with Chinese influences (of course being from a game named as Year of the Dragon) makes it to stand out, but it also is very captivating for having even more action than a standard Stewart Copeland song. Ryan Beveridge's music style mixes well together with Copelands bass and organ lines. I always imagined music for an asian action flick where ninjas come all around towards Spyro and Sparx and they need to fight their way to the end, and that is why I wanted to give it even more action elements apart from the spyro 3 original soundtrack.

BBS Signature

Moomin music remastered from Moomin Soundtrack! This fairly unknown piece is called Moominmamma's Garden from Moomin TV soundtrack by Sumio Shiratori, composer behind moomin Music.

Moomin Music Remastered OST | Moominmamma's Garden Watch in YouTube

Moomin series from 1990 has been very influencial for me in my childhood. While people in USA had their Spongebobs, Moomin was something I watched from very early age and grew to love it's world over the years. There is somewhat child-like simplicity in its adventurous and yet comfy world. Some franchises such as Seacret of Mana got inspired this world feel from Moomin. Tove Jansson created memorable places and characters. Sumio Shiratori made the moomin music sound perfectly fitting for this world. Moomin OST was great.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2018-12-03 14:50:42

**Remastered Mardek Theme used in Mardek series (Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3). With full upgraded orchestra making songs of Tobias Cornwall even better.** WATCH IN YOUTUBE

Here is a brand new Mardek theme remake fully made with high-quality orchestral instruments. Mardek theme is very first track you hear in Mardek ost. This theme is full of nostalgia and for that very reason alone it was a pleasure to make this Mardek remix. I discovered this series as a flash game from Kongregate 10 years ago and it has stayed on my mind ever since. Music for rpg flash games are usually dull, but with mardek, this rpg music took inspiration from music styles of Final Fantasy, for its benefit.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2019-01-29 13:43:58

Trash Mountain Day theme remastered from Digimon World OST! Welcome back to Digimon World's dark side on a city made on dumpster - Trash Mountain!

A dark side in Digimon World 1 which I truly despise, the fact that there are Sukamon and Mumemon made from fesses. Ew... That is why I avoided this track for the longest of time, but I could not avoid it, so here we dive into the wretched and awfully smelling Trash Mountain day theme remix.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2019-07-02 02:37:10

New Remastered Moomin Music from Moomin OST, this time mysterious theme of Forest of the Witch! A classic track with brand new instruments!

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2019-08-12 16:02:10

Remastered song for Rohoph with quality instruments from Mardek 1 OST!

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2019-09-02 13:20:08

Digimon World Remastered Music with quality instruments! This time a track with mystery and mist, Misty Trees Day Theme.

BBS Signature

Response to Remastered OST From Old Games 2019-11-26 17:11:54

Happy fantasy village music, remix from Final Fantasy. Town remake by eluukkanen.

In Final Fantasy 1 every town has a very calming and welcoming peaceful theme made by Nobuo Uematsu. Melody is very sweet and calming. Adventurers can talk to citizens, go to shops and rest before going to another dungeon. I made so that the Final Fantasy 1 Town music in this remake still has the feel, but is upgraded to new high quality instruments.

BBS Signature