00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where Do You Go For Inspiration?

244 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Where Do You Go For Inspiration? 2018-08-21 09:25:38

I'm just curious as to what personal inspirations other artists use. Shows, video games, music, nature? What does it for you?

Also, for those wondering, I'm currently going through a bit of "writers block" and am hoping to learn something new from other artists.

Thanks!

Response to Where Do You Go For Inspiration? 2018-08-21 12:37:16

At 8/21/18 09:25 AM, TheVenomX wrote: I'm just curious as to what personal inspirations other artists use. Shows, video games, music, nature? What does it for you?

Also, for those wondering, I'm currently going through a bit of "writers block" and am hoping to learn something new from other artists.

Thanks!

I usually 'study' my favorite artist's works when i'm in need of inspiration. I also like reading comics/mangas.

Response to Where Do You Go For Inspiration? 2018-08-21 14:19:18

Anything, from music to games. I just always have some kind of feeling of inspiration nowadays, though I'm not sure how long it's gonna last.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Where Do You Go For Inspiration? 2018-08-21 21:37:51

At 8/21/18 09:25 AM, TheVenomX wrote: I'm just curious as to what personal inspirations other artists use. Shows, video games, music, nature? What does it for you?

Thanks!

For art block I go stalk my favorite artists but for writer's block, watching a decent movie, show, series usually does the trick. Just push through while you try to regain inspiration. Don't let the feeling stop you from being creative but don't ignore it either. Take breaks when you have to (sleeping is healthy) but don't take too long. Learn something new to refresh your brain. Try to keep in mind your long term motive for art / making creative work.

It doesn't make the recovery any less unpleasant but they always work for me. Hope it helps!

peskytarian

BBS Signature