Respond to this Topic
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 21
Game Developer

Ten days remain to make something for our Sexy Ugly Animation Jam but the winners of our Problems of the Future Jam are ready now!

1st - 10th

• DRMCTCHR39XX
    DRMCTCHR39XX by KarlSia

A struggling settlement in a post-apocalyptic future finds help from a place they attacked

Score
    4.22 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Problems of the Future
    Problems of the Future by DooderDoo

In the future these will be problems.

Score
    3.78 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • The Future of Dating
    The Future of Dating by BrandyBuizel

What will the straight man do when everyone else realizes how awesome being gay is?

Score
    3.79 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Taking out the trash
    Taking out the trash by DannyBG

A spin on an ordinary task sometime in the future

Score
    3.68 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Meteor Shower
    Meteor Shower by Temariix

This poor girl just wants to relax and enjoy life. Life has other plans.

Score
    3.64 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Rat Issues
    Rat Issues by KloudKat

Bloody Ratmen

Score
    3.57 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Fyoocher Probs
    Fyoocher Probs by GoodL

Issues for the future people, both near and far

Score
    3.60 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Going Forward
    Going Forward by Kolumbo

Time machines should be used responsibly! Made for the FutureProblemJam

Score
    3.65 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • THE GOOD CHILD
    THE GOOD CHILD by thegViantpath

The path to becoming a good child in the bleak landscapes of a futuristic world

Score
    3.19 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Recycling.
    Recycling. by Yassinius

Recycling is important.

Score
    3.25 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Thank you @Spazkid and @PhantomArcade for judging, in addition to the results of the audience vote.

I liked The Future of Loneliness, personally.

As it stands, @KarlSia is holding a strong #1 position with 29 points this summer.

@jazzhat and @DooderDoo are tied in the #2 spot with 13 points each.

@antdung is in 3rd with 10 points.

@BadTwinz and @KloudKat are tied for 4th with 9 points each, followed closely by @hellwink and @BrandyBuizel with 8 points each.

We'll see how things stack up after the current jam is complete!

Other News

@El-Cid interviewed @Jazlyte for his Shot Talk podcast, watch it! You should check out the Adam Phillips episode (@chluaid) if you haven't, as well.

Mega64 has made another Flame War Theater based on the NG forums, this time with The Next Halo. Their previous one was Gamecube Sucks.

@IvanAlmighty, @PhantomArcade and @Spazkid are fielding applicants for the Smash Bros. Collab.

@funymony is available for commissions!

Calling for Support

Please consider chipping in $3 per month or $25 for the year to become a Newgrounds Supporter. Beyond the perks, you are contributing to NG's development into the future and the preservation of our past. We've been doing a lot with a little these past years but really do need your help if you're in the position to support.

If you're reading this and haven't made an account yet, sign up and say hi! Even if you can't financially support the site, you can support it with your interactions; reviews, votes, follows, etc. Our feed system is chronological and customizeable, so you can visit daily and see the things you want to see by the artists you like.

I'll close this out with a picture of me and @Frank at Comic-Con in 2004. He's the guy who walks in at the end of The Next Halo. Site updates coming later this month!

Problem Jam Winners and other News!

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
BrandyBuizel
BrandyBuizel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 15:22:36 Reply

Still anyone's game for 2nd and 3rd!

PhantomArcade
PhantomArcade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 18
Animator
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 15:31:58 Reply

Submissions for the jams have been fun! And that FlameWars episode was hilarious.

GoodL
GoodL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 16:22:52 Reply

I'm absolutely delighted to have placed in the top 10 this round, thanks a lot to the judges and to the NG community! It's greatly appreciated

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 17:56:42 Reply

Wow, I'm honestly disappointed right now. Not even a mention of Clock Day or an excuse for the lack of news post and wallpaper art.
Congrats to all the winners of the jam, though!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
DooderDoo
DooderDoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 19:23:48 Reply

Wooohooo!

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 20:10:42 Reply

Those of us who have been around for a long while don't want to constantly be teased about new updates being rolled out. It hurts more than it helps. If you want to do something, then just do it. However, I'm much more sympathetic when it comes to calls for support. That I can get behind.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.
NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature
carbonlad
carbonlad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 20:35:25 Reply

I'm so glad we got around to banning Foamy this week. Great work Tom đź‘Ś

Temariix
Temariix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Artist
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-17 23:35:10 Reply

At 8/17/18 03:10 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1st - 10th
[...]
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/715097

This is super exciting! This will likely be the only round I place in but I will gladly take it. And on top of getting daily 5th? I will take it :) :) :)

Great work to everyone else and keep it going!

BrandyBuizel
BrandyBuizel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 00:10:46 Reply

At 8/17/18 07:23 PM, DooderDoo wrote: Wooohooo!

I was pretty sure you were gonna win the moment I saw it ;)

ninjamuffin99
ninjamuffin99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 03:08:11 Reply

Congrats to the winners, the jams are still sweet.

and every single time I watch a Mega64 vid, I always ask myself why I don't watch them on the regular. The pretty consistently post good shit

RIP STATICSKULL NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 03:44:16 Reply

Congrats to all the Problem Jam winners. Many good submissions this time.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Pop-Tart
Pop-Tart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 12:50:06 Reply

At 8/17/18 05:56 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: Wow, I'm honestly disappointed right now. Not even a mention of Clock Day or an excuse for the lack of news post and wallpaper art.

What he said.

ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 14:44:21 Reply

At 8/17/18 05:56 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: Wow, I'm honestly disappointed right now. Not even a mention of Clock Day or an excuse for the lack of news post and wallpaper art.

I can't say anything, I completely forgot Clock Day existed until the day after. Did I miss anything spectacularly interesting?

Honestly, I'm overwhelmed by the number of the jams to keep up with, but same. I have respect for people who manage to get anything meaningful done in just a handful of days/weeks, based on a defined theme, and all come out with something original!

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Gamer
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 16:27:04 Reply

Ohhh I almost forgot @Frank used to be here a lot. Didnt know you met him in person tho Tom

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature
Pop-Tart
Pop-Tart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-18 23:59:22 Reply

At 8/18/18 02:44 PM, ADR3-N wrote: I can't say anything, I completely forgot Clock Day existed until the day after.

Shame on you!

Yeah, we aren't creating a lot of content anymore. But the CC is as much of a part of the site's history as Pico or Madness or whatever else gets more attention.

And Clock Crew references were made in Dying Light, Curse by Boom Comics, Adult Swim's Mr. Pickles... Have you ever seen Hank J. Wimbleton on Cartoon Network?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-19 07:54:19 Reply

I regret that I didn't make a Happy Clock Day post. It was a good turnout this year, too! Normally someone surprises me with a Clock Day site skin but that didn't happen next year. If I don't hear anything next year maybe we'll throw something together for that.

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-19 10:13:38 Reply

At 8/18/18 11:59 PM, Pop-Tart wrote: Shame on you!

*cries*

But the CC is as much of a part of the site's history as Pico or Madness or whatever else gets more attention.

Yeah, I'm disappointed to hear the lack of a banner -- although it could be that low turnout is the culprit.

And Clock Crew references were made in Dying Light, Curse by Boom Comics, Adult Swim's Mr. Pickles... Have you ever seen Hank J. Wimbleton on Cartoon Network?

I have actually seen none of these things -- except for Mr. Pickles. Call me deprived. It's true, lol. Feel free to spam me clips though

TheReviewTrickster
TheReviewTrickster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-19 15:35:15 Reply

At 8/19/18 07:54 AM, TomFulp wrote:
I regret that I didn't make a Happy Clock Day post. It was a good turnout this year, too! Normally someone surprises me with a Clock Day site skin but that didn't happen next year. If I don't hear anything next year maybe we'll throw something together for that.

That's good to hear. So people actually make banners without you commissioning them? Interesting. Anyways, all is forgiven and we can only hope next year goes better. The actual clocks might still be mad though.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!
Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature
YacerTech
YacerTech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-19 16:05:41 Reply

nice games and fun to create game on days
i have create game for ludum dare 42
check it out : click here

Problem Jam Winners and other News!

KloudKat
KloudKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-20 12:47:06 Reply

HOLY HOT DAMN! TIED FOR 4TH?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

MalakaiXed
MalakaiXed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-21 00:19:16 Reply

Congratulations to those who won! Better luck next time for us who lost

Wiesi
Wiesi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-22 16:26:30 Reply

Congrats to the winners!!

aron0527br
aron0527br
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-23 03:38:12 Reply

Yeah congrats to the winners!

Shadow336Wario909
Shadow336Wario909
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-24 23:46:45 Reply

How to upload a game on newgrounds after mobile friendly update but it's not in mobile friendly updated!

sebaboss
sebaboss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-25 07:00:25 Reply

@TomFulp You are so annoying begging for money on every corner. Instead of blaming it on everything else, you should look at that drop of quality that is counsciously being made by your decisions. Specially the new design (just one of the many dissapointments), that is dragging the site down with every visual update you make. If you think of Newgrounds golden era, you were one of the best designed sites on the internet, with all the special features and all the attention to detail. Now with all these measures, you are just getting closer to just another modern video site, that struggle and cannot handle the power and money of big companies. Newgrounds is (was) special and successful because of being itself, with great community - unique site that will never exist again, not by competing to everyone else. I dont say you should stay behind new technology and trends, but looking and these new elements, for example header... damn that just looks like coffee break work. No soul, just 5 minute css practice with basic features. Not mentioning new updates, which focuses on becoming Youtube's little brother, instead on being what Newgrounds always was, candy, site gamification, website decorations on big holidays, flashy robot animations when listening to music, damn even list of staff was like a picker from a street fighter game. Sorry, but no supporter money of this world can help you. I just hate visiting this site, destroying all the good memories i have. If you want to get people support, start being Newgrounds again!

everything, by me ;)

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-25 07:41:26 Reply

At 8/25/18 07:00 AM, sebaboss wrote: @TomFulp You are so annoying begging for money on every corner. Instead of blaming it on everything else, you should look at that drop of quality that is counsciously being made by your decisions.

The people who worked on those bells and whistles were still on the staff when we introduced the supporter option. Why didn't you become a supporter back then so we could maintain everything you liked so much?

BBS Signature
IvanAlmighty
IvanAlmighty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Animator
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-25 12:02:26 Reply

At 8/25/18 07:00 AM, sebaboss wrote: @TomFulp You are so annoying begging for money on every corner. Instead of blaming it on everything else, you should look at that drop of quality that is counsciously being made by your decisions. Specially the new design (just one of the many dissapointments), that is dragging the site down with every visual update you make. If you think of Newgrounds golden era, you were one of the best designed sites on the internet, with all the special features and all the attention to detail. Now with all these measures, you are just getting closer to just another modern video site, that struggle and cannot handle the power and money of big companies. Newgrounds is (was) special and successful because of being itself, with great community - unique site that will never exist again, not by competing to everyone else. I dont say you should stay behind new technology and trends, but looking and these new elements, for example header... damn that just looks like coffee break work. No soul, just 5 minute css practice with basic features. Not mentioning new updates, which focuses on becoming Youtube's little brother, instead on being what Newgrounds always was, candy, site gamification, website decorations on big holidays, flashy robot animations when listening to music, damn even list of staff was like a picker from a street fighter game. Sorry, but no supporter money of this world can help you. I just hate visiting this site, destroying all the good memories i have. If you want to get people support, start being Newgrounds again!

All your gripes seem to date back to the 07 layout and its features, you completely neglect any of the factors that caused the decline in the sites popularity or the efforts made in response to combat the changing times. You really think a lack of evolution and change would make the site welcoming to newcomers? I can’t tell you the countless times I hear people look at the 2012 pages and remark it as a dated 2007 design from the textures/industrial grunge. In contrast there’s been lots of support and some artist sign ups that are a result of a changing/adapting NG landscape, and it will increase as the functionality suits their needs and experience. Things aren’t perfect (they hardly are when compared to nostalgia) but things can only get there with supporters and the revenue to afford more of these features you’re talking about. Be the change that you want to see in NG and realize that their dream IS to be a unique and amazing experience, but that doesn’t just magically happen overnight. Supporters are NG’s future and things can only get better and move quicker if they have more supporter to make these updates and have more manpower/resources to make the site better

BBS Signature
GoodL
GoodL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-25 14:34:33 Reply

At 8/25/18 07:41 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/25/18 07:00 AM, sebaboss wrote: @TomFulp You are so annoying begging for money on every corner. Instead of blaming it on everything else, you should look at that drop of quality that is counsciously being made by your decisions.
Why didn't you become a supporter back then so we could maintain everything you liked so much?

^^^ What a killer reply.

Not to be contrarian or anything, just feel it's worth saying: I love the new site design. I feel like it's been getting better and better with every update. People who take the side of "I don't like things changing! No changes!" would rather see NG run into the ground for the sake of protecting the secret club than see the site expand as it becomes more and more accessible to people who have never used it before. And to call you annoying for trying to keep alive what I would say is one of the most important hubs of internet culture there is, well I'd say that's just asinine. I hope you keep doing what you're doing.

sebaboss
sebaboss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Problem Jam Winners and other News! 2018-08-26 07:13:22 Reply

At 8/25/18 12:02 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote:
At 8/25/18 07:00 AM, sebaboss wrote: @TomFulp You are so annoying begging for money on every corner. Instead of blaming it on everything else, you should look at that drop of quality that is counsciously being made by your decisions. Specially the new design (just one of the many dissapointments), that is dragging the site down with every visual update you make. If you think of Newgrounds golden era, you were one of the best designed sites on the internet, with all the special features and all the attention to detail. Now with all these measures, you are just getting closer to just another modern video site, that struggle and cannot handle the power and money of big companies. Newgrounds is (was) special and successful because of being itself, with great community - unique site that will never exist again, not by competing to everyone else. I dont say you should stay behind new technology and trends, but looking and these new elements, for example header... damn that just looks like coffee break work. No soul, just 5 minute css practice with basic features. Not mentioning new updates, which focuses on becoming Youtube's little brother, instead on being what Newgrounds always was, candy, site gamification, website decorations on big holidays, flashy robot animations when listening to music, damn even list of staff was like a picker from a street fighter game. Sorry, but no supporter money of this world can help you. I just hate visiting this site, destroying all the good memories i have. If you want to get people support, start being Newgrounds again!
All your gripes seem to date back to the 07 layout and its features, you completely neglect any of the factors that caused the decline in the sites popularity or the efforts made in response to combat the changing times. You really think a lack of evolution and change would make the site welcoming to newcomers? I can’t tell you the countless times I hear people look at the 2012 pages and remark it as a dated 2007 design from the textures/industrial grunge. In contrast there’s been lots of support and some artist sign ups that are a result of a changing/adapting NG landscape, and it will increase as the functionality suits their needs and experience. Things aren’t perfect (they hardly are when compared to nostalgia) but things can only get there with supporters and the revenue to afford more of these features you’re talking about. Be the change that you want to see in NG and realize that their dream IS to be a unique and amazing experience, but that doesn’t just magically happen overnight. Supporters are NG’s future and things can only get better and move quicker if they have more supporter to make these updates and have more manpower/resources to make the site better

@TomFulp, @GoodL @IvanAlmighty
I never said that there should be no progress and that Newgrounds should stick to it's old design. New web technologies are great and I totally aprove modernisation. I have no doubt that Newgrounds is capable of refreshing in style. Like said, I would like to see more soul in the future design, like we were used to with previous ones. I just became a supporter for the sake of good times i experienced here and with hope that things get better. Definitely want to see more little details and maybe more information of what you are working on.

everything, by me ;)