00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kekiiro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think of my art?

988 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think of my art? 2018-08-15 17:36:51

I´d love to know what do think of my art. This is an exemple of my latest piece.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-17 16:07:38

At 8/17/18 01:53 PM, dandash wrote:
At 8/15/18 05:36 PM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote:
It's honestly not bad. The only thing it is missing is just a background and a power up effect. The rest looks great.

Thank you! To be honest, backgrounds are one of the things I strugle the most and I still haven't figured out how to do a good power up effect. The best I'm able to do is something like this.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-17 16:09:42

It's honestly not bad. The only thing it is missing is just a background and a power up effect. The rest looks great.

This

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-17 16:10:31

Or this.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

If I could make one suggestion, stop using the line tool. Brush is much better.

If you don't have a tablet, well, I'd certainly suggest getting one.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-18 07:50:45

At 8/17/18 07:34 PM, Spedmallet wrote: If I could make one suggestion, stop using the line tool. Brush is much better.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what do you mean by line tool, in photoshop the line tool is something to help you make straight lines, I made the drawing by hand. I did use the mirror tool to make the image more symmetrical.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-18 07:51:49

At 8/17/18 05:51 PM, dandash wrote: I personally like the Vegeta one. Personally the first drawing needed something that is eye catching. Probably a new sayian hair style.

Got it. Thanks for the feedback.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-18 09:47:08

At 8/18/18 07:50 AM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote:
At 8/17/18 07:34 PM, Spedmallet wrote: If I could make one suggestion, stop using the line tool. Brush is much better.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what do you mean by line tool, in photoshop the line tool is something to help you make straight lines, I made the drawing by hand. I did use the mirror tool to make the image more symmetrical.

use the brush that gives you variable lines based on pressure instead of drawing with the tool that makes the same size lines every time

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

At 8/18/18 09:47 AM, Spedmallet wrote:

use the brush that gives you variable lines based on pressure instead of drawing with the tool that makes the same size lines every time

Pressure sensitivity, got it. As of right know I don't have a Drawing Tablet, but I'm thinking about getting one in the future.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-18 13:27:46

At 8/18/18 12:19 PM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote: Pressure sensitivity, got it. As of right know I don't have a Drawing Tablet, but I'm thinking about getting one in the future.

that explains the uniform lines. Definitely invest in a wacom

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-18 18:19:58

At 8/15/18 05:36 PM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote: I´d love to know what do think of my art. This is an exemple of my latest piece.

Maybe you could make a crude background and blur it out before you superimpose the subject of the piece. it'll add more depth. if you try it, im sure a lot of ppl will b impressed with the result. Great job, btw!

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-19 06:18:34

At 8/18/18 06:19 PM, FrankNice wrote:
Maybe you could make a crude background and blur it out before you superimpose the subject of the piece. it'll add more depth. if you try it, im sure a lot of ppl will b impressed with the result. Great job, btw!

Thank you, I'll be sure to take your advise into consideration.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-19 16:14:26

At 8/19/18 03:25 PM, sheriffofnewgrounds wrote:
At 8/19/18 08:50 AM, dandash wrote: I was wondering if you have any feedback for this piece that I made.
okay, this is epic

Thank you!

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-19 16:42:19

At 8/19/18 08:50 AM, dandash wrote: I was wondering if you have any feedback for this piece that I made.

I might not be the best person to ask. I learned everything I know by myself, never went to any fancy art school. But if I had to answer, I would say that the characters are pretty good, just one thing the arms of dead guy are too small, your arms go all the way to your pelvic region, sometimes even a little bit further, that guy`s arms wouldn't even reach his pockets, the arms are rather stiff too, they should be limp if he is dead. The table is extremely small, unless it is a coffee table, the background doesn't follow a vanishing point, it should, if not the objects become disproportionate. The water doesn't look much like water, it looks more like a carpet. There shouldn't be a shadow in front of the red cabinet, the light is coming from the right and from up, if we look at the guy with the gun and at the dead man, the light shines in front of them. I like the pose from the guy with the gun, very dynamic, the way his coat moves his very natural and realistic, I like the the brick wall, it matches the style of the characters, the cabinet, the pool and the pillar don´t match the style so they look a tad bit out of place. It looks pretty goods, it just has some problems that can be fixed with time and experience. I hope that you keep going, the secret to art is to keep going, you`ll learn new things along the way.

Cheers.

Here is a link, if you don`t know what a vanishing point his, it might be helpful:

https://www.thoughtco.com/vanishing-point-drawing-definition-1123080

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-20 06:42:25

these are all good. My advice is always "keep drawing." I tink thats the best advice.
Also, do you have anything in traditional and not digital? Im curious

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-20 06:44:58

At 8/15/18 05:36 PM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote: I´d love to know what do think of my art. This is an exemple of my latest piece.

this is a really and amazing drawing. Or its a good tracing. I dont think theres anyhting wrong with tracing. It def teaches and is hard to pull of. Do you have anything traditional media?

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-20 08:03:00

At 8/20/18 06:42 AM, Spac3case916 wrote:
these are all good. My advice is always "keep drawing." I tink thats the best advice.
Also, do you have anything in traditional and not digital? Im curious

I can assure you that it is not traced. I don't have any pieces in traditional media, drawing digitally is what I do best. Drawing digitally gives you a lot more freedom, and it doesn't matter as much if you mess up a drawing, you can always fix it. The stabiliser helps a lot too, my hands shake a little when I'm holding a pencil or pen, so the stabiliser helps a lot. I can draw fairly well in the digital medium, not so well in the traditional one. Also I can't use markers for the life of me, I just end up with a smudging mess.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-21 16:16:40

At 8/21/18 12:23 PM, godzillachild wrote:
At 8/18/18 12:19 PM, VitorRafaelLealCarva wrote:
At 8/18/18 09:47 AM, Spedmallet wrote:

Pressure sensitivity, got it. As of right know I don't have a Drawing Tablet, but I'm thinking about getting one in the future.
This is the one I have. It's tiny but it works great. https://us-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Pen-Tablets/Intuos/intuos-art-small#/undefined1

Thanks for recommendation! I'm actually thinking about getting a Huion or a Ugee, I know that Wacom is the best, but they can be a bit pricey, while Huion and Ugee are much cheaper. They might not be as great but for someone who is just doing this as a hobby, they'll do fine.

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-21 16:37:09

You have amazing potential.

WE GAMERS MUST NOT RISE,BUT ASCEND -JFK

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-21 17:41:39

It's actually pretty decent and clean lines make it stand out.

BBS Signature

Looks real good! If I had found this floating around Google Images, I'd have thought it was official.

Edit: As for the background, I'd say a few simple colors would work out just fine, just throw them together and it'd really make it pop more. Here's a really quick crappy one I made for example:

Response to What do you think of my art? 2018-08-22 22:24:13

Does this look better?

Elbert Hubbard

BBS Signature