00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 194 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Smash Bros. Collab!

25,357 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-24 09:08:40

At 12/11/18 07:37 PM, Rennis5 wrote:
At 12/8/18 11:13 PM, Rennis5 wrote: Any updates?
Coming soon.

Maybe?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-24 12:30:36

I'm still waiting.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-29 09:10:25

Anyone want to discuss the collab now that it is out?

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-30 05:41:57

At 12/29/18 09:10 AM, Blounty wrote: Anyone want to discuss the collab now that it is out?

What did you think?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-30 08:26:46

At 12/30/18 05:41 AM, Rennis5 wrote:
At 12/29/18 09:10 AM, Blounty wrote: Anyone want to discuss the collab now that it is out?
What did you think?

Haven't sat through it yet

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-02 11:37:57

Any winners announced?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-02 11:39:10

At 1/2/19 11:37 AM, Rennis5 wrote: Any winners announced?

There are winners?

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-04 22:20:17

At 1/2/19 11:39 AM, Blounty wrote:
There are winners?

yes and also prize money, that's why some people were pissed about the selection process

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 09:47:54

At 1/4/19 10:20 PM, Rennis5 wrote:
There are winners?
yes and also prize money, that's why some people were pissed about the selection process

Oh wow, I was annoyed at the selection process too just at the way it seemed to only invite a select group of animators that all knew each other.

Didn't even realise there was prizes at stake too! Seems kinda shady to me...

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 10:38:49

There are winners?

I gotta admit, that does make me just a lil bit saltier about the whole thing...

The end product was great though.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 15:41:53

At 1/5/19 09:47 AM, Blounty wrote:
There are winners?
Oh wow, I was annoyed at the selection process too just at the way it seemed to only invite a select group of animators that all knew each other.

Never knew Arinsmind, Arzonaut, Bocodamondo, Coolbeans, Dooderdoo, Funymony, Jaquin, Jazzhat, MugiMikey, NateDeDeur, Piggybank, RyanARMoberly, Seanatar, Sevi, Shigloo, SierraSaura, Vudujin, Drewsher, SuperGalaxyRider, HumanPerson, Dsun, Pelo, or xXSquidwardXx. Almost all strangers to me that were accepted into the collab, and many who I haven't seen their work prior to the collab announcement.

As personal as a rejection might seem, there's no grand conspiracy to who got accepted and who didn't, this isn't some illuminate circle that was pre-designed with a submission process just for show, the majority of people in were people that applied.

Also you totally knew about the prizes and everything Blounty, you acknowledged that when you were demanding that we "run collabs like they used to be" back in August.

This prize aspect isn't at all lucrative and it wasn't the end goal of anyone participating in it, people in the server actually forgot it was even an aspect of the collab; everyone was just working to make good cartoons and have fun doing it. Hell, it could've gone without any prizes and nothing would've changed with it, except for a few less critics..

What's really shitty is asking for animators in the year 2018 to blindly work for months on something for a vague uncertain hope of being involved in a collab, with the amount of effort that goes into web cartoons nowadays vs 10 years ago when the Street Fighter Collab was made is leagues apart. So for someone to put in months now vs days/weeks then is laughable and honestly really fucked

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 15:54:38

At 1/5/19 03:41 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote:

Also you totally knew about the prizes and everything Blounty, you acknowledged that when you were demanding that we "run collabs like they used to be" back in August.

That was 3-4 months ago like I can't forget about some prizes for something I never even applied for.

This prize aspect isn't at all lucrative and it wasn't the end goal of anyone participating in it, people in the server actually forgot it was even an aspect of the collab; everyone was just working to make good cartoons and have fun doing it. Hell, it could've gone without any prizes and nothing would've changed with it, except for a few less critics..

That's correct

What's really shitty is asking for animators in the year 2018 to blindly work for months on something for a vague uncertain hope of being involved in a collab, with the amount of effort that goes into web cartoons nowadays vs 10 years ago when the Street Fighter Collab was made is leagues apart. So for someone to put in months now vs days/weeks then is laughable and honestly really fucked

Ah a current year reference, isn't the whole site based around working on something for a period of time in the vague hopes of either getting an award? on the front page? or even just having your work be seen?

Being in a collab of this scale raises your chances of them things by a whole lot, probabally why reanimate collabs are pretty popular.

Doesn't really sound that laughable to me tbh

Oh well :)

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 16:11:52

There are winners?

Never knew Arinsmind, Arzonaut, Bocodamondo, Coolbeans, Dooderdoo, Funymony, Jaquin, Jazzhat, MugiMikey, NateDeDeur, Piggybank, RyanARMoberly, Seanatar, Sevi, Shigloo, SierraSaura, Vudujin, Drewsher, SuperGalaxyRider, HumanPerson, Dsun, Pelo, or xXSquidwardXx. Almost all strangers to me that were accepted into the collab, and many who I haven't seen their work prior to the collab announcement.

As personal as a rejection might seem, there's no grand conspiracy to who got accepted and who didn't, this isn't some illuminate circle that was pre-designed with a submission process just for show, the majority of people in were people that applied.

ivan ur wrong and dumb and very corrupt

RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 16:30:58

At 1/5/19 04:11 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:

I can see what you're trying to do, nice job!

I'd rather say something and be proven wrong than not say it and be right.

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 16:40:22

At 1/5/19 04:30 PM, Blounty wrote:

im just making a dumb comment lol not tryin to sneak diss ya blounty but also ivan u are dumb

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 17:03:04

At 1/5/19 04:40 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 1/5/19 04:30 PM, Blounty wrote:
im just making a dumb comment lol not tryin to sneak diss ya blounty but also ivan u are dumb

good because i prefer u just diss me for real like "fukin hell blounty shut the hell up you conspiracy theorist twat" or something

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 20:50:59

I like my coffee with sugar and cream

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 22:07:59

There are winners?

I think your comments about the prizes and selection process are redundant.

The selection process was seriously flawed just by the lack of communication alone, after sending you a

PM, filling out the application form, submitting a demo of animation and just e-mailing in my video anyway it would have nice to be rejected instead of being ignored and it's just an extra kick in the balls that "the majority of people in were people that applied" A sorry would be nice but want we really want is to know is if the winners have been selected yet and Will the winners be announced soon?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 22:20:10

At 1/5/19 08:50 PM, Snackers wrote: I like my coffee with sugar and cream

When people say cream do they mean milk?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 23:42:13

Well I gotta keep it goin keep it goin full steam

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 23:54:39

At 1/5/19 10:07 PM, Rennis5 wrote:
There are winners?

I think your comments about the prizes and selection process are redundant.

?????

The selection process was seriously flawed just by the lack of communication alone, after sending you a
PM, filling out the application form, submitting a demo of animation and just e-mailing in my video anyway it would have nice to be rejected instead of being ignored and it's just an extra kick in the balls that "the majority of people in were people that applied" A sorry would be nice but want we really want is to know is if the winners have been selected yet and Will the winners be announced soon?

I'll take the heat for that, that was definitely a mistake in not getting back to everyone about a rejection; I let myself take the cases of people making rejections into debates/pleas as a reason to procrastinate and avoid that altogether, but I don't think that scorns the entire idea of selections. We'll announce the winners soon, we put off work to get this thing out and have been busy catching up but we'll all make the time to sort it out and announce

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-05 23:55:52

At 1/5/19 04:11 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: ivan ur wrong and dumb and very corrupt

your 20 layers of irony always allude me cam

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-06 00:02:52 (edited 2019-01-06 00:05:39)

At 1/5/19 11:55 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote:
At 1/5/19 04:11 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: ivan ur wrong and dumb and very corrupt
your 20 layers of irony always allude me cam

One thing I will 100% be serious about is that you guys shouldve at least been more transparent or whatever with declining people and evven in general. IDK how many people you messaged declining them, but even in the discord chat people were wondering whats up with the collab for those last few days before release and there was little word until i mentioned to phantom that you guys should tell the gang whats happening (i do understand shit mightve been hectic in those last few days though). I assume you wouldnt want people to join, and stay silent with no progress updates or response, so I feel like you should give them the same courtesy and tell give people info and shit. Whether it be if they arent getting in the collab, or reasons why the collab is late. Trust me im smart I ran like the second best collab in december lolol

And in 99% of cases my irony is just for bullshit because i laugh at my own dumbass jokes

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-01-06 10:12:26

I like my cream with sugar and coffee

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2019-02-11 08:32:53

Have the winners been announced yet?