00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 198 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Smash Bros. Collab!

25,359 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-15 21:33:00

Are there rules about copyrighted music and sounds? I was just going to use sounds and music from video games and TV shows but if that's no cool then I probably need some help.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-15 21:36:39

DOES ANY ONE WANNA WORK WITH ME i PICK CHARACTER AND YOU PIC CHARACTER AND WE WILL DECIDE ON A MAP AFTER i CHOOSE dk

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-15 21:50:15

At 9/14/18 12:38 PM, Comick wrote: If we dont hear any response, should we assume the collab is full? Or do we just fill out the form again?? Just saying I applied a while ago....no responses. At this point, we need time to animate if accepted right?

If enough people have content but don't get accepted then maybe they'll put together like a Smash collab part 2 or something, if not then I'm sure the community could do it, it's easy, I've got Camtasia so even I could clip together 30 minutes worth of content, upload it and credit everyone.
Shit we could even make it a trilogy if there is enough content.
The only downside is you won't be in the running for prizes and I really want a Penicorn but at the end of the day we're doing this for the love of animation and community.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-25 18:05:54

Applied

Making unoriginal content since 2008!

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 09:19:40

I’m to applying for the Smash Bros Collab I already submit an application. I haven't received a reply back so I’m just going to ask again. Here is the link to my Youtube channel of all the 2D animations I have worked on. Please respond back because I would like to get started right away.

thanks Wes Smith

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe7nvqoGq5NHtS6_OVrtXqg

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 09:21:29

At 9/15/18 09:36 PM, RedeyestheSecound wrote: DOES ANY ONE WANNA WORK WITH ME i PICK CHARACTER AND YOU PIC CHARACTER AND WE WILL DECIDE ON A MAP AFTER i CHOOSE dk

Did you get accepted?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 18:23:39

At 9/30/18 09:19 AM, wessmithanimations wrote: I’m to applying for the Smash Bros Collab I already submit an application. I haven't received a reply back so I’m just going to ask again. Here is the link to my Youtube channel of all the 2D animations I have worked on. Please respond back because I would like to get started right away.

I sent mine about a week ago and never received a response.

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 18:35:35 (edited 2018-09-30 18:36:25)

Same I guess were not in...

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 20:02:20

At 9/30/18 06:35 PM, wessmithanimations wrote: Same I guess were not in...

Same as mine too, I didn’t receive an acception yet after i applied :/

This entire page is dedicated to my giant ego

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-09-30 22:54:31

At 9/30/18 06:23 PM, TheMewx wrote: I sent mine about a week ago and never received a response.

Same here, and the deadline is November (which is reaaally soon). I understand that one of the hosts said to wait, but at this point we're just waiting for the thing to be done rather than if we're accepted or not. It would have been nice to have something sent back.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-10-08 14:47:00

Same here, and the deadline is November (which is reaaally soon). I understand that one of the hosts said to wait, but at this point we're just waiting for the thing to be done rather than if we're accepted or not. It would have been nice to have something sent back.

yea, kind of sucks how little communication there actually was.....

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-10-10 09:01:12

How about we just go and make our smash animations, disregarding whether the collab would happen or not?
We should start animating about right now.

We could just put it together with other organizer later, if we don't get a reply/contact here ^^.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-10-11 04:22:46

I only waited a week for a response, & started making my animation
I think this application form was the first idea, but they forgot it.

I'll send mine when I finish it, before November 7th.

At 10/10/18 09:01 AM, Gurgie wrote: How about we just go and make our smash animations, disregarding whether the collab would happen or not?
We should start animating about right now.

We could just put it together with other organizer later, if we don't get a reply/contact here ^^.

Yeah, I think the same. Do your animation, send to them. & if they reject it, you can upload as an alternative collab or individually.

At 9/30/18 10:54 PM, Oddlem wrote:
At 9/30/18 06:23 PM, TheMewx wrote: I sent mine about a week ago and never received a response.

Smash Bros. Collab!

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-03 14:32:20

At 11/3/18 02:20 PM, bucknike1 wrote: I do wonder if we are still having that collab or not?

Same. I sent my app back in September and still no reply.

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-04 00:00:14

At 11/3/18 02:32 PM, TheMewx wrote:
At 11/3/18 02:20 PM, bucknike1 wrote: I do wonder if we are still having that collab or not?
Same. I sent my app back in September and still no reply.

There are people doing their parts, but its the people that got in before. I sent an application a while too and got no response but I saw they changed the deadline to the 7th of December on Twitter. I would really like to make something for this collab but I kinda want confirmation if I should bother or not lol

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-04 21:39:00

I can't wait! I have always liked smash bros

Massive.Inc Productions©2019

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-12 07:10:44

So thing is on for December 7th yeah?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-15 07:33:47

At 11/12/18 07:10 AM, Rennis5 wrote: So thing is on for December 7th yeah?

There still time to submit yeah?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-15 09:57:30

At 11/15/18 07:33 AM, Rennis5 wrote:

https://twitter.com/Newgrounds/status/1058014085294575616
That's what they said on twitter. December 7th.

I finished mine and I sent it to him - They have not answered me yet, but I think is no problem.
People are showing what they are drawing from their animations for the collab.:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SmashCollabNG?src=hash

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-11-15 19:38:59

At 11/15/18 09:57 AM, SuperColoroid wrote:
At 11/15/18 07:33 AM, Rennis5 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Newgrounds/status/1058014085294575616
That's what they said on twitter. December 7th.

I finished mine and I sent it to him - They have not answered me yet, but I think is no problem.
People are showing what they are drawing from their animations for the collab.:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SmashCollabNG?src=hash

Same, I sent mine via the e-mail last night, there doesn't seem to be any communication, I guess we'll all find out what happens when they release the collab.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-02 12:40:43

Can’t wait to see this beautiful creation.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-02 22:03:59

Heard they already picked all the artists early on. If that's the case, why announce that we can send a google form in the first place?

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-03 07:16:19

At 12/2/18 10:03 PM, TheMewx wrote: Heard they already picked all the artists early on. If that's the case, why announce that we can send a google form in the first place?

The lack of communication is very disheartening but we'll see how it turns out soon enough, as I mentioned before if enough people want to be a part of it, we can just organize our own collab. I already submitted an animation and if that doesn't end up in the collab I will try to organize a second collab.

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-03 11:22:02

At 12/3/18 07:16 AM, Rennis5 wrote:
At 12/2/18 10:03 PM, TheMewx wrote: Heard they already picked all the artists early on. If that's the case, why announce that we can send a google form in the first place?
The lack of communication is very disheartening but we'll see how it turns out soon enough, as I mentioned before if enough people want to be a part of it, we can just organize our own collab. I already submitted an animation and if that doesn't end up in the collab I will try to organize a second collab.

Sorry for not keeping a clear line in here, with a few of the rejections it started turning into a debate rather than a definitive response and put me off of pursuing that route more. In hindsight we should’ve just bit the bullet and thrown down no’s for closure instead of letting the line hang.

The google form wasn’t a moot point and actually got us a good chunk of the people involved, with a handful of people picked prior. We all had to come to an agreement on entrants, so one persons YES could be another persons NO and we hash it out. I’m sorry if things feel too selective but I can assure you it wasn’t discriminatory or weighed by popularity, there’s fresh faces and newcomers that are really bringing their A-Game to this and making a splash into the site.

Another outcome for submissions were the couple of people that went ahead with their cartoons that surprised us and got in; I could’ve been more vocal about this but it feels like dangling a carrot in peoples faces that unfairly raises expectations.

If you guys are up for your own collab and enough people assemble, I’d be down to lend a hand on a menu to go with it

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-03 16:12:23

I'll be sure to join that one!

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-03 16:16:12

At 12/3/18 11:22 AM, IvanAlmighty wrote: Another outcome for submissions were the couple of people that went ahead with their cartoons that surprised us and got in; I could’ve been more vocal about this but it feels like dangling a carrot in peoples faces that unfairly raises expectations.

Thanks for clearing it up, man.

BBS Signature

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-03 16:17:14

Yea, although I never received a response back, I'll try my best to finish my part for this collab by the deadline. But if I don't meet it or it doesn't get accepted, then I'd be down to participate in the second collab.

(However, I'm not too sure if it's gonna be like the MGS Flash Collab where it's a Part 2, or if it's gonna be completely separate from the original, so yeah.)

I'm a 16-year old Aussie animator/artist/editor/voice actor. G'DAY, MATES.

YouTube

Twitter

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-08 23:13:26

Any updates?

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-09 13:47:51

is it too late??

Response to Smash Bros. Collab! 2018-12-11 19:37:12

At 12/8/18 11:13 PM, Rennis5 wrote: Any updates?

Coming soon.