00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I thought of a way to generate reve

393 Views | 7 Replies

...nue on this site

Okay so the animations have api tools, but the music doesn't. Do you think it would be a good idea to be able to enable it and get a -sound only- ad before a track plays or no?

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-10 18:45:25

Terrible idea, no offense.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-10 20:00:37

At 8/9/18 01:03 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: I think ads would just put people off the audio portal tbh... Besides music loads slow enough as it is...

Agree. It would be very off-putting

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-11 05:54:54

i hate ads so hell no

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-13 16:08:58

the ad rates would be just as low and barely trickle in the bucket

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-13 18:33:11

At 8/13/18 03:12 AM, RightTime wrote:

::

I wouldn't mind that much myself as long as it wasn't too long or distracting. However another alternative could be just an image or video ad above the audio.

yeah, that's much better

At 8/13/18 04:08 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote: the ad rates would be just as low and barely trickle in the bucket

idk I noticed some of the audio has way more views than the animations do, because people click it repeatedly

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-13 20:17:09

At 8/13/18 06:41 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Please don't turn the Audio Portal into FM radio.
I don't wan't to hear any more car dealership commercials.

oh noes! foiled again.

BBS Signature

Response to I thought of a way to generate reve 2018-08-14 05:20:43

Realisticly speaking... For places like youtube it takes a huge effort to first off gather advertisers and sell the millions of eyeballs. While Newgrounds is alive and well, you think that a smaller place like Newgrounds would be able to pay even as little as youtube ads are offering?

It is a good idea to think about income. But I believe all musicians and animators here should consider patreon, donations or even selling their artwork as merch. Those are far more lucrative ideas than ads I have found.

Perhaps Newgrounds could implement a way to tip for your favourite creator a dollar or two if they wish to help people gather revenue. Those who would tip could get their names shown as supporters or something aside of animation or music.

But again, I have no idea how much used feature that would be. That is the only real way to monetize the content effectively on site like this

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature