Be a Supporter!

Mental Health Surveillance

  • 385 Views
  • 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate

https://www.cs.jhu.edu/~mdredze/publications/2014_icwsm_ptsd.pdf

According to this article, researchers have been combing the metadata of social media for at least the past 5 years trying hunt down the undiagnosed mentally ill like animals.

Open the article .

Hit "CTRL+F".

In the search prompt, type "consent."

No matches, eh?

Exactly.

Part of social media agreements is that you agree to let them sell your data to the mental health industry. You know, the second largest aggregators of involuntary captives behind the prison industrial complex? Yeah, those guys.

You know, the ones who lock up people who have committed no crime without due process, a trial, the right to presumed innocence, or the right to a lawyer? The ones who target the weak and vulnerable that have suffered the most in society because they lack the capacity to defend themselves? Yeah, those guys.

IE, THE FORCES OF PURE FUCKING EVIL.

It gets worse, though.

It ends up the researchers well understand that PTSD sufferers by definition avoid discussing the events that caused their PTSD in medical terms like "depression" or "anxiety" explicitly. So instead, they categorized PTSD suspects by their pronoun use.

Specifically, we examined the following nine
categories: first, second and third person pronouns, swear,
anger, positive emotion, negative emotion, death, and anxiety
words. Second person pronouns were used significantly
less often by PTSD users, while third person pronouns and
words about anxiety were used significantly more often.

Now, I'm no scientist, but FUCKING PRONOUN USE AS A MEANS OF DETERMINING PTSD?!?!?

You know how you hear these statistics about the "undiagnosed mentally ill" and how 50% of all mentally ill are undiagnosed?

Where do you think they get that number from?

There's only one way: secretly going around and "unofficially" diagnosing people with mental illnesses using social media metadata.

Got in a car wreck? Posted about it? Did you use the wrong fucking pronouns, even though you didn't know what the right ones were?

Congratulations! You're now an undiagnosed mentally ill person! You're going to be targeted for the rest of your life! Eventually, this data will be used against you, probably when you are old and sick, and used to throw you in an assisted living facility which is in every practical way a prison only without the chance of parole and the only way out is through the morgue.

Oh, by the way, I work in the medical industry that throws people in these facilities, and I 100% can confirm this is exactly what is happening. I'm actually downplaying the severity of how bad this is quite a bit. Most people can't even make it out of highschool without being diagnosed with a mental illness and forcibly medicated.

Remember, no one under 18 can give legal consent, meaning anyone you know under 18 recieving ADHD or anxiety medication is technically being forcibly medicated. It's statutory mind rape. Even if they think they're consenting at the time, just like that girl R. Kelly peed on.

This is not some secret knowledge. This is all public access. And to be honest, I don't know "1 weird trick the mental health surveillance industry doesn't want you to know!" either. There's no actual way to defend or protect yourself from this: in fact, the harder you try, the bigger and brighter the red flags on your metadata become because "avoidance" is one of the primary symptoms of PTSD.

I don't want to be right about this. I want someone to come in here and make me look like a totally paranoid idiot. I very much don't want this to be happening.

But it is.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
Zymbot
Zymbot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 14:33:16 Reply

Over half the users on this site will be dragged to the gulags.

FireFoxxy
FireFoxxy
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 16:18:42 Reply

I always knew this would happen. That's why Ive been steps ahead of these people and provide fake profile information on social media. Ahah! They will never take me alive!


"Tempus Edax Rerum"

BBS Signature
HeadMistressSeven
HeadMistressSeven
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Artist
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 16:33:28 Reply

If they're reading my texts/messages whatever, they already know how crazy I am.

NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 16:56:09 Reply

At 7/30/18 02:28 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Part of social media agreements is that you agree to let them sell your data to the mental health industry. You know, the second largest aggregators of involuntary captives behind the prison industrial complex? Yeah, those guys.

So then don't use websites which force you to give personal data you'd rather not give. All your friends use those sites? If they're really your friends they're not gonna require you also use it, and if they do require it, are they really your friends? Presumably you see your friends on the daily or at least semi-regularly and/or talk with them on the phone anyway so you don't actually need the social media sites for that purpose.

Now, I'm no scientist, but FUCKING PRONOUN USE AS A MEANS OF DETERMINING PTSD?!?!?

Scientists primarily look for patterns. Believe it or not, but when you have a sickness and go to your doctor and are prescribed something to fight the infection or whatever, the doctor doesn't necessarily know what you have, but bases a lot of stuff on probability and what can be ruled out.

So, can data or metadata be used in ways to perhaps extrapolate even further data? Yes. Does it undeniably determine anything? No. It's still guesswork.

You know how you hear these statistics about the "undiagnosed mentally ill" and how 50% of all mentally ill are undiagnosed?

Where do you think they get that number from?

Most likely from their asses, actually. If someone throws up statistics without citing sources or otherwise providing sufficient evidence, it can be safely assumed they are pulling it out of their ass. That assumption will be right more often than not.

Remember, no one under 18 can give legal consent, meaning anyone you know under 18 recieving ADHD or anxiety medication is technically being forcibly medicated.

Yes and IMO it's a bullshit system. ADD/ADHD are not abnormalities and it is wrong to give someone drugs to "fix" a problem that can instead be fixed entirely behaviorally or which might just go away on its own. When someone says they have ADD/ADHD you know what that says to me? It tells me they are poorly-disciplined. That is all. They don't have anything wrong with them and all they need to do is put more effort into things, build better self-discipline, and problem solved and no drugs even used.

I don't want to be right about this. I want someone to come in here and make me look like a totally paranoid idiot. I very much don't want this to be happening.

You're half of that. You're the paranoid half, not the idiot half. I don't think you're an idiot. Most of what you say has some truth to it, but you tend to extrapolate more than is there. In short, yeah some stuff isn't good, but it's not nearly to the levels as you believe.

But it is.

You want to avoid most of the problems associated with sites such as Facebook? Then don't use sites such as Facebook. Okay, so your friends, who probably use Facebook, might post something about you on there and you won't even know? So what? It's not your words and it's just hearsay by that point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again though. What paints the absolutely biggest red flag on you specifically is your obsession with these sorts of things, and not like a one-off thread or post here or there. If you truly don't want to be targeted, then don't do things which paint huge red flags on you. Or else, yeah, you might be targeted.

That said, I really doubt anyone is going to lock you up unless you pose a danger to yourself or others. Minding your own business, have strange ideas, but nothing further than that? Then you pretty much can go about doing whatever it is you normally do, unimpeded.

Psi43
Psi43
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Programmer
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 17:19:47 Reply

You have no idea dude. It's not like they target people on social media. This is a machine learning model (artificial intelligence) that was trained on social media. It has real data to test against. This data on social media is collected to predict future cases, not current ones.

Imagine 10 children who likes to kill animals. Then 90 children who don't. This process would never stop the kids that liked to kill animals, it would see the patterns in those children and prevent future children to get so far into what makes an animal murderer.

The key word here is big data, it's not an algorithm that says "killing animals is bad" but rather "what symptoms did the children that kill animals display?" to prevent other children from going down the same path.

That being said, if you don't like the research, which to my estimate is pretty damn solid and flawless, just stop using social media. There's your solution. I have my facebook profile on private, it's 3 clicks to do that.


BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 17:45:18 Reply

At 7/30/18 04:56 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
So then don't use websites which force you to give personal data you'd rather not give.

The software comes prepackaged on all smart phones. If you don't use a smartphone, you are tracked HARDER because it appears you are trying to hide. Social Media tracks users and non users alike.

I think perhaps you are a bit too trusting of the respect the authorities have for your sovereignty.

They don't have any.

Scientists primarily look for patterns. Believe it or not, but when you have a sickness and go to your doctor and are prescribed something to fight the infection or whatever, the doctor doesn't necessarily know what you have, but bases a lot of stuff on probability and what can be ruled out.

So, can data or metadata be used in ways to perhaps extrapolate even further data? Yes. Does it undeniably determine anything? No. It's still guesswork.

But these aren't scientists.

They're capitalists.

They aren't interested in accuracy.

They're interested in currency.

I work for doctors. They do not give a fuck if you live or die.

This is about falsely labeling the well with untraceable illnesses that can be "cured" (LOL NO. IF THERE WAS A CURE PEOPLE WOULDN'T END UP ON DISABILITY FOR IT).

When someone says they have ADD/ADHD you know what that says to me? It tells me they are poorly-disciplined. That is all. They don't have anything wrong with them and all they need to do is put more effort into things, build better self-discipline, and problem solved and no drugs even used.

I assume people claiming ADHD are malingering for amphetamines, because that's what ADHD medication is. They're tweakers.

You're half of that. You're the paranoid half, not the idiot half. I don't think you're an idiot. Most of what you say has some truth to it, but you tend to extrapolate more than is there. In short, yeah some stuff isn't good, but it's not nearly to the levels as you believe.

I processed the records of at least a dozen people who were "disappeared" into the mental health system just today.

It's like watching the trains in Nazi Germany. You know they're not coming back.

You want to avoid most of the problems associated with sites such as Facebook? Then don't use sites such as Facebook. Okay, so your friends, who probably use Facebook, might post something about you on there and you won't even know? So what? It's not your words and it's just hearsay by that point.

You still don't get it. YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE. THEY TRACK YOU REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU USE IT OR NOT; IN FACT THEY TRACK YOU HARDER IF YOU DON'T USE IT.

That said, I really doubt anyone is going to lock you up unless you pose a danger to yourself or others. Minding your own business, have strange ideas, but nothing further than that? Then you pretty much can go about doing whatever it is you normally do, unimpeded.

That was what Awgo (friend of mine who was molested as a kid) thought.

He's on disability now for Dissociative Identity Disorder.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
JosephStarr
JosephStarr
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Art Lover

At 7/30/18 05:45 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: The software comes prepackaged on all smart phones. If you don't use a smartphone, you are tracked HARDER because it appears you are trying to hide. Social Media tracks users and non users alike.

Couldn't you simply not use the apps and/or delete them? Even if they make them unable to be deleted normally, I'm sure somebody could hack a phone to delete social media apps. (Or "jailbreak" the software, whatever they call it now.)

It will likely void the warranty but who cares? Those things break if you even look at them wrong, what are you gonna do get it repaired?


Outdated ideals and crackpot solutions with a face you can trust. You're welcome.

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 18:36:26 Reply

I THREW MY SMARTPHONE IN A RIVER TAKE THAT ILLUMINATI!!!


All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation... Sig by Illicit...
나는 흑룡이다. 我是黑龙 ฉันเป็นมังกรดำ ഞാൻ കറുത്ത ഡ്രാഗൺ ആണ് tôi là con rồng đen ខ្ញុំជានាគខ្មៅ

BBS Signature
PlasticTriceratops
PlasticTriceratops
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 19:00:12 Reply

I have schizophrenia and probably ADHD- considering stimulants calm me down to the point I fall asleep. But I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective bipolar type, because I was "too hyperactive to have ADHD." I misused my prescription Vyvanse, and that landed me in the hospital. Since the doctor asked me if I had racing thoughts, and I was having a giant anxiety attack the entire time I was in the unit- which led me to say "yes," he said I was manic. He didn't intend for me to be on Haldol 100 mg per month for three years, considering he was a good doctor and told me to get it switched after a couple months. But Haldol made me not think about getting off Haldol, even though it ruined my life while I was on it. Now I'm on Abilify 5 mg- I can function fully again. I thank God. Note that the DSM criteria for schizoaffective bipolar type says the condition must not have been caused by drug abuse... Anyways, I've seen the system from the patient's view and this article worries me, for other peoples' sake. I don't think you should be in the system unless there is a very good and legitimate reason. Like mine.

S3C
S3C
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 19:36:36 Reply

At 7/30/18 05:45 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: If you don't use a smartphone, you are tracked HARDER because it appears you are trying to hide. Social Media tracks users and non users alike.

how would social media track non-users harder? does Twitter cross reference the Social Security Registry with verified holders of social media accounts, and those that don't have them are sent stealth Amazon drones to spy on them?


They're capitalists.

so are you though

I work for doctors. They do not give a fuck if you live or die.

very insulting to doctors who have pursued a medical path in part because they have loved ones that were lost to disease, and continue to deal with dying patients on a daily basis. I'm sorry that you have become so jaded (with fair reason, perhaps) to the point that you only notice the corrupt capitalist brand. Besides, your claim doesn't even make sense from a monetary standpoint; dead patients wouldn't bring in more customers. What would bring in more revenue is helping patients live as long as possible with an acceptable quality of life all the while making them dependent on their services for as long as possible.

I assume people claiming ADHD are malingering for amphetamines, because that's what ADHD medication is. They're tweakers.

Ritalin isn't an amphetamine, but Adderall is. That aside, and I believe I've got into a similar argument here before, tweakers use methamphetamine, a significantly more potent derivative of amphetamine that is biochemically processed by the body differently. I will agree with you that ADHD is largely a fairlytale disease albeit extreme cases that may be far and few between.

some are malingerers, but many users are just banally medicated- just blindly trusting what a doctor tells them do throughout life. Also, the most prolific mathematician of all time only functioned when under the influence of such psychostimulants.

You still don't get it. YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE. THEY TRACK YOU REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU USE IT OR NOT; IN FACT THEY TRACK YOU HARDER IF YOU DON'T USE IT.

yeah, I'm gonna have to see some legitimate evidence of that. If it was so easy, then there wouldn't be so many uncaptured criminals and missing adults today, and yes I presume you think that the FBI's Most Wanted and NCMEC is some massive conspiracy spearheaded by evil capitalists....

That was what Awgo (friend of mine who was molested as a kid) thought.

He's on disability now for Dissociative Identity Disorder.

if you go missing or get forced on disability then we the people at NewGrounds are gonna whoop the perpetrators @ss...

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 21:58:59 Reply

At 7/30/18 06:36 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: I THREW MY SMARTPHONE IN A RIVER TAKE THAT ILLUMINATI!!!

LOL

At 7/30/18 07:00 PM, PlasticTriceratops wrote: I have schizophrenia and probably ADHD- considering stimulants calm me down to the point I fall asleep. But I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective bipolar type, because I was "too hyperactive to have ADHD." I misused my prescription Vyvanse, and that landed me in the hospital.

To be fair, they basically prescribed you meth. I mean, you don't just hand someone meth and then expect them not to abuse it. That's a bit of victim blaming.

Since the doctor asked me if I had racing thoughts, and I was having a giant anxiety attack the entire time I was in the unit-

Apparently the unit is designed to create anxiety intentionally because comfortable people don't improve. Freud wrote extensively about how without anxiety, there's no motivation to complete treatment.

which led me to say "yes," he said I was manic. He didn't intend for me to be on Haldol 100 mg per month for three years, considering he was a good doctor and told me to get it switched after a couple months.

This is your prescribing doctor's responsibility, not yours. More victim blaming. This was not your fault. Your case was bungled horribly.

I don't think you should be in the system unless there is a very good and legitimate reason. Like mine.

And that's what really sucks. I got targeted by the system because I was the victim of a well publicized arson suicide attack. NSFW, TRIGGER WARNING, SUICIDE BY SELF IMMOLATION VIDEO.

I was one of the few people to keep their head in this situation and was able to actually help clean up the aftermath. I had to step over this bastard's charred body to load out my friend's gear because he was too scared to go back in the building.

At 7/30/18 07:36 PM, S3C wrote:
how would social media track non-users harder? does Twitter cross reference the Social Security Registry with verified holders of social media accounts, and those that don't have them are sent stealth Amazon drones to spy on them?

That's easy. They cross correlate cellphone records, public data, and other sources. They're in the business of information. The government, police, etc are the main consumers of the data they sell, so they're glad to fill in the pieces.

very insulting to doctors who have pursued a medical path in part because they have loved ones that were lost to disease, and continue to deal with dying patients on a daily basis.

This is not the narrative I've ever seen, lol. Generally people become doctors and lawyers because their rich parents were doctors and lawyers and they're forced to.

Besides, your claim doesn't even make sense from a monetary standpoint; dead patients wouldn't bring in more customers.

Man, medical care is expensive. This is a bit of a euthanasia argument. They don't need to be on life support for very long at all to drain the very last of a patients assets. What they're trying to prevent isn't death; it's dying quickly they prevent. There are very few people who when faced with certain death would not trade the very last of their possessions for just a little more time.

What would bring in more revenue is helping patients live as long as possible with an acceptable quality of life all the while making them dependent on their services for as long as possible.

You mean like exactly how they do in the mental wards and nursing homes that are the exact subjects I'm talking about?

some are malingerers, but many users are just banally medicated- just blindly trusting what a doctor tells them do throughout life. Also, the most prolific mathematician of all time only functioned when under the influence of such psychostimulants.

Paul Edros? This is the first I've heard of him. Well played.

yeah, I'm gonna have to see some legitimate evidence of that. If it was so easy, then there wouldn't be so many uncaptured criminals and missing adults today, and yes I presume you think that the FBI's Most Wanted and NCMEC is some massive conspiracy spearheaded by evil capitalists....

Anybody with a cellphone, and everybody's got a cellphone. Why do you think they handed out those free obama phones? It's not a conspiracy, it's just a normal old plan, just like how driver's licenses were used to force every american to carry ID by law in order to travel and use the streets.

If you don't have a cellphone right now, it's because you're hiding, and that's suspicious as fuck. If they don't have either employment or phone data on you (remember, they hand out free phones) they've got a legitimate concern you're probably homeless and in need of food stamps or some other aid program.

if you go missing or get forced on disability then we the people at NewGrounds are gonna whoop the perpetrators @ss...

LOL, not likely. I'll disappear just like all the records of the others I process all day, every day, for the past decade.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 22:02:35 Reply

they checked me for mental illness they said i didnt have one... which is weird since i specifically told them i was experiencing hallucinations and voices... they just sort of ignored that and sent me on my way...


All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation... Sig by Illicit...
나는 흑룡이다. 我是黑龙 ฉันเป็นมังกรดำ ഞാൻ കറുത്ത ഡ്രാഗൺ ആണ് tôi là con rồng đen ខ្ញុំជានាគខ្មៅ

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 22:50:32 Reply

At 7/30/18 10:02 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: they checked me for mental illness they said i didnt have one... which is weird since i specifically told them i was experiencing hallucinations and voices... they just sort of ignored that and sent me on my way...

If America had socialized medicine this shit would not fly, lol.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-30 23:12:55 Reply

At 7/30/18 10:50 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 7/30/18 10:02 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: they checked me for mental illness they said i didnt have one... which is weird since i specifically told them i was experiencing hallucinations and voices... they just sort of ignored that and sent me on my way...
If America had socialized medicine this shit would not fly, lol.

well the only way to get them to pay attention to you is to act like an even bigger psycopath...
so i had the option of either pretending i was worse than i was or destroying hospital property...
i set my fucking bed on fire and they still didnt give a shit...
so personally id say from my experience that mental health everywhere is a fucking joke...
i left with no medication or even a treatment plan... and my mental health was worse off because they put me in a room with possibly the loudest snorer on planet earth... so when i left i hadnt slept properly in at least five days...
at least they gave me a private room for one night i was discharged the next day...


All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation... Sig by Illicit...
나는 흑룡이다. 我是黑龙 ฉันเป็นมังกรดำ ഞാൻ കറുത്ത ഡ്രാഗൺ ആണ് tôi là con rồng đen ខ្ញុំជានាគខ្មៅ

BBS Signature
PlasticTriceratops
PlasticTriceratops
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-31 15:27:00 Reply

Thanks man. I learned my lesson too. I actually was interested in being a psychiatrist and I think I have ADHD. My cousin has ADHD and he treats his with diet. But while following his diet definitely helps with hyperactivity, I find that I need to use herbs, and they don't work that well. I think there is validity to psychiatric medication. I will not deny the damage they've done to me, though. I'm more into naturopathy now.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-31 17:40:08 Reply

At 7/31/18 03:27 PM, PlasticTriceratops wrote: Thanks man. I learned my lesson too. I actually was interested in being a psychiatrist and I think I have ADHD. My cousin has ADHD and he treats his with diet. But while following his diet definitely helps with hyperactivity, I find that I need to use herbs, and they don't work that well. I think there is validity to psychiatric medication. I will not deny the damage they've done to me, though. I'm more into naturopathy now.

I've been fooling with Valerian root for a while now. Apparently they prescribe it in some european countries.

It's fully OTC in the US, and available in most stores that sell herbal supplements.

I have ridiculous insomnia (I'm currently unmedicated, but I was diagnosed as with dissociatvie/conversion disorder, which is PTSD so severe it causes stomach problems and actual "fracturing" or "breaking" of the personality into parts.)

Valerian works, but I have to take double the recommended dosage.

But hey, I haven't smoked weed in a week and still managed to get some sleep, so it works. The problem is when it wears off, I wake up.

I'm one of those people that probably would rather use legal CBD than THC if it was available.

I've got an appointment with a psychologist (ie, NO DRUGS) on 8-6. I'm somewhat worried about it because I have relatively severe dissociative and paranoid symptoms. However, when I go in I want to be fully at baseline because I don't think it's fair to a psych to have me show up still having the effects of weed in my system and expect to get an accurate diagnosis.

It doesn't help the weed barely even knocks down my insomnia anymore, and I absolutely refuse to smoke wax or any kind of weed extract. Dank's too damn strong as it is these days.

Anything that involves a torch of a glass stem I'm not comfortable with, even if it is technically "just weed."


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
PlasticTriceratops
PlasticTriceratops
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-07-31 21:31:36 Reply

I have a valerian root tincture, and taking a normal dose helps so I think what you said is interesting. I'm all about 420 lol. And i like cbd. I'm not a doctor and you shouldn't take my anecdotes as medical advice. I'm more like a primarily negative symptoms (blunt affect, anhedonia, etc.) schizophrenic at this point based on what my doctors have told me and my own observations. I've also studied schizophrenia pretty extensively. If I were having delusions or my family had concerns with my behaviour I would definitely tell my doctor.

MPPlantOfficial
MPPlantOfficial
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-03 11:03:33 Reply

OH SHIT I watched 1 video about Psychopathy vs Narcissism and now my feed is FULL of these Psych videos!!!
Quick! What should I watch next to replace my feed???

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-03 13:44:26 Reply

At 7/31/18 09:31 PM, PlasticTriceratops wrote: If I were having delusions or my family had concerns with my behaviour I would definitely tell my doctor.

I find this strange.

Okay, you tell your doctor.

But how does the doctor fix it? By giving you more numbing medications so your mind is too foggy to hallucinate?

It just seems like snitching on yourself for no real reason.

I mean, having your medication increased, being hospitalized, or even having to pay for therapy seem like punishments, not cures, all designed to get you to keep your mouth shut, not to "help" you in anyway.

At 8/3/18 11:03 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: OH SHIT I watched 1 video about Psychopathy vs Narcissism and now my feed is FULL of these Psych videos!!!
Quick! What should I watch next to replace my feed???

Popping/Abscess/Cyst videos.

Those things will take over your feed like kudzu. Psoriasis picking videos also used to be huge, but now there's really one good channel of a guy scraping his skin off with a knife after Youtube cracked down on it.

Obsessive/intrusive "ruminations" (literally, the doctor telling you are rooting through the shit in your brain like a pig in Latin and acting like you're too stupid to know it) are one of the big flags, so YT generally assumes if you look up one psych vid, you must want to see all the psych vids like all the other obsessed crazies.

It's actually a pretty good prank when you're watching yt vids with someone at their house right before you leave to look up a couple bad popping videos and then watch them take over the feed like a cancer after you leave.

The only real solution is to "delete" your watch history, but if you think it's gone after you hit delete, I've got some rights to a bridge out in Brooklyn I can sell you the rights to....


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
calicrazedbeats
calicrazedbeats
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-03 23:55:37 Reply

I have noticed this is going around. They harass you in the streets and even online. They will try to make it seem like something is wrong with you when something is wrong with them and evil. It has to do with demonic spirits possessing and running the governments, politics, doctors, etc.

The only thing these demons are afraid of is God and his army of angels. I have seen it with my own eyes and another person that was attacked by the angel while they were possessed.

Make sure you know some prayers and got your faith strong in God and his army of angels.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-04 13:09:26 Reply

At 8/3/18 11:55 PM, calicrazedbeats wrote:

Yeah... this thread is not about gangstalking for "targeted individuals"

This is something that is happening to everyone, all the time, not just a handful of wackos who want to feel special.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
PlasticTriceratops
PlasticTriceratops
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-05 12:04:33 Reply

I was just thinking that if you went to a doctor she or he would try a low dose of something mild. The extreme end of mental illness festering then you get hospitalized... is kind of what happened to me. Feel me?

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-05 13:58:33 Reply

At 8/5/18 12:04 PM, PlasticTriceratops wrote: I was just thinking that if you went to a doctor she or he would try a low dose of something mild. The extreme end of mental illness festering then you get hospitalized... is kind of what happened to me. Feel me?

Yeah... I'm specifically avoiding doctors with prescribing abilities.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
belthagor
belthagor
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-05 14:17:08 Reply

you guys are too paranoid...

doctors and nurses are not internet stalkers.


At 3/22/16 10:03 PM, metalchaos456 wrote:
:Yes.. I think I understand. Ill murder people for their friendship!

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-05 15:59:06 Reply

At 8/5/18 02:17 PM, belthagor wrote: you guys are too paranoid...

doctors and nurses are not internet stalkers.

No, but insurance companies notoriously are.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
PlasticTriceratops
PlasticTriceratops
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-06 09:52:04 Reply

Make sure you eat a healthy diet and listen to the concerns of others. Vitamin b12 is very important. You don't seem too bad, because of your insight into yourself. But I'm not a doctor and only a doctor would honestly know what from what and what to do. Ever thought about a naturopathic psychiatrist?

Pokefrazer
Pokefrazer
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-06 10:25:45 Reply

At 8/5/18 03:59 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 8/5/18 02:17 PM, belthagor wrote: you guys are too paranoid...

doctors and nurses are not internet stalkers.
No, but insurance companies notoriously are.

What are you implying here? That Insurance Companies are stalking mentally ill or legally disabled facebook users? A lot of theories about the insurance agencies are sensible, but this is a bit out there

billybobthwarten
billybobthwarten
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-06 10:41:00 Reply

You're all screwed

I'm fine though


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mental Health Surveillance 2018-08-06 10:49:46 Reply

At 8/6/18 09:52 AM, PlasticTriceratops wrote: Vitamin b12 is very important.

B complex is how I roll, but you are very correct in that b vitamin deficiency can have effects very similar to depression, and in those situations vit B acts like a stimulant. Vit B is one of the main ingredients in energy drinks, which is how I discovered it.

You don't seem too bad, because of your insight into yourself. But I'm not a doctor and only a doctor would honestly know what from what and what to do. Ever thought about a naturopathic psychiatrist?

Today I have an appointment with a non-prescribing Psychologist. I've had pretty good results using Valerian root as a sleep aid/anxiolytic, but the research I've done says Valerian Root contains alkaloids so similar to benzodiazepines you can actually test positive for benzos after you take it. Valerian root was also a main ingredient in Snoop Dogg's "Drank" brand of anti-energy drinks, which I honestly really enjoyed and miss seeing in stores.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature