00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can I play NG radio on Twitch?

1,134 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can I play NG radio on Twitch? 2018-07-13 21:30:25

Hello all, I am a new member who was directed here by a user who has allowed me to use his music while I'm streaming my gaming on twitch. So far this is an awesome site and I love all the audio available here. I have seen in individual tracks where it says i have to ask the artist for permission to use the music but I cant find anything on use of the NG radio station.

Can i have it playing in the background on my streams while gaming? I mainly play sports games when i'm streaming and I have to turn off the game music in the stream so my videos dont get muted due to copyright laws.

Response to Can I play NG radio on Twitch? 2018-07-13 22:37:43

At 7/13/18 09:30 PM, TekToro wrote: Hello all, I am a new member who was directed here by a user who has allowed me to use his music while I'm streaming my gaming on twitch. So far this is an awesome site and I love all the audio available here. I have seen in individual tracks where it says i have to ask the artist for permission to use the music but I cant find anything on use of the NG radio station.

Can i have it playing in the background on my streams while gaming? I mainly play sports games when i'm streaming and I have to turn off the game music in the stream so my videos dont get muted due to copyright laws.

That’s an interesting question. Since all of the music on Newgrounds falls under specific verions of creative commons, you wouldn’t get a copyright strike.

I would caution though that NG radio can be hit or miss for quality as it draws from a very large music base. It also has a periodic “you’re listening to Newgrounds Radio” message.

There is a chance that a song comes up that actually is copyrighted, as unfortunately some people use the audio portal as a place to store music they like from other artists. The moderation team does try and pull them quickly, but we’re only human.

What I might suggest is to look through the Audio Portal and make a playlist of what sounds good to you. I don’t know how to Twitch overlay, but I’ve seen it done where the artist and song name are shown on screen when it plays. This may not be a thing which would work in NG Radio, but might in a playlist streamed from Newgrounds or from your computer (if the artists have downloads enabled). This then gives proper credit to the arists, and lets you avoid artists who have more strict requirements for their audio use. You could also have a link to your playlist on NG if someone wants to hear more from a specific artist.

I’m interested to hear what other community members may have to say.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Can I play NG radio on Twitch? 2018-07-16 18:00:01

At 7/13/18 10:37 PM, Peregrinus wrote: What I might suggest is to look through the Audio Portal and make a playlist of what sounds good to you.

This is what I'd do. But using radio on Twitch should fine with attribution (on your profile or whatever).