00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT

8,672 Views | 189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 7/10/18 07:25 PM, MetalRenard wrote: maybe I read too much in the usually sarcasic winking emoticon

I thought the wink meant "Yeah, man, I gotchu!" Or at least that's how I was using it :/ Maybe I should stop using it if it's commonly interpreted that way

Shoot, now I'm shaken. This is not healthy.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-10 22:05:01

At 7/10/18 07:32 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 7/10/18 07:25 PM, MetalRenard wrote: maybe I read too much in the usually sarcasic winking emoticon
I thought the wink meant "Yeah, man, I gotchu!" Or at least that's how I was using it :/ Maybe I should stop using it if it's commonly interpreted that way

Shoot, now I'm shaken. This is not healthy.

I hate the internet. You can't hear when people are being sarcastic. Or if they're possibly a cat.

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-10 22:07:16

Or if they're possibly a cat.

I feel attacked

"what if, when you die, you go to a great mayonnaise city in the sky, where dark lord mayo rules over all." -stardew, 1/1/2018

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-10 23:02:38

At 7/10/18 10:07 PM, Miyolophone wrote:
Or if they're possibly a cat.
I feel attacked

you can't escape your fate

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

At 7/10/18 11:02 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 7/10/18 10:07 PM, Miyolophone wrote:
you can't escape your fate

I am a judge.
So feel my wrath

Fee fi fo thumb!
*stomps about and bans people for looking funny ( and especially for being cats)*

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-11 20:38:51

Congrats to those who could make it!! To everyone else who couldn't advance like me, see you in NGUAC :D

Putting the "pro" in procrastination since 2000.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-11 21:27:34

It's hard to see how your best track ever didn't make it...

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-13 03:05:37

At 7/11/18 09:27 PM, CrisTheGamer wrote: It's hard to see how your best track ever didn't make it...

It's okay bro, there was old times, wee 2007, I thought I made best tract ever. Then I dropped out of contest.

So I was fucking pissed.

Now I make best track, wherever I like, whenever I like.

My point is, keep trying, because your best track will always be made as long as you still alive.

I can't say I'm the happiest man alive. BUT. It's OK to fail, you just have to get up and keep trying. So although I didn't make it, it doesn't mean I'll stop. No no. I WILL power through it and won't give up.

Congratulations to everyone who made it! I always love to discover new faces, new songs so just do your best and I'll stay and keep an eye open for your works. Hopefully it's a win-win situation. At least I'll definitely walk away with a few fresh, epic songs at the end. ;)

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-13 21:47:36

I read this is round 1 but there are already groups of winners, is this for anyone to submit or only people from those groups?

The original topic is confusing, but I already submitted something...

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-14 00:00:37

@belthagor

Sadly you have missed out on submitting to the NGADM auditions. Those who qualified in the auditions were placed into pods in the NGADM submission thread. However, if you act quickly you still have time to submit to the NGUAC contest happening here.

Best of luck and keep producing.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-14 00:04:42

At 7/14/18 12:00 AM, Spadezer wrote: @belthagor

Sadly you have missed out on submitting to the NGADM auditions. Those who qualified in the auditions were placed into pods in the NGADM submission thread. However, if you act quickly you still have time to submit to the NGUAC contest happening here.

Best of luck and keep producing.

@spadezer

you're the greatest

I submitted my entry, now I just need to remove mine from this competition, hopefully a mod will come by soon...

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-14 04:31:19

Hey guys, keep up the good work everyone. Just so you know I will be without internet for a few days so if you have any questions please direct them to the other judges. They're doing a great job already in terms of communication and helping others so I'm happy to leave you in their hands.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing your entries!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-14 21:15:29

lel

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-15 04:23:08

progress

i came up with a good idea i think actually no its garbage

NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-15 07:48:58

At 7/15/18 04:23 AM, johnfn wrote: progress

you need more serum

lel

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-16 15:44:57

I prematurely stopped working on my entry last night because I was getting really frustrated over it.

Today, the same thing is occurring.

I don't know if I'll make it.

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-16 17:44:27

At 7/16/18 03:44 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: I prematurely stopped working on my entry last night because I was getting really frustrated over it.

Today, the same thing is occurring.

Hey dude, you're a great musician and I believe in you, no matter what happens! Same goes for all you other lovely musicians out there~ <3

At 7/16/18 03:44 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote:

You can do it 1f1n1ty! We believe in you! You'll never know when inspiration hits!

but it's ok if you don't. So no pressure :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-17 12:40:25

feeling strange that all these NGADM contestants are going at each other's necks, and this time I'm the spectator.

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-17 20:45:30

At 7/15/18 04:23 AM, johnfn wrote: progress

see what I do is just start beating the garbage with a small hammer and sprinkle some iZotope in there and then magically it's an alright song

you got this bb

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-17 21:32:31

At 7/17/18 08:45 PM, papkee wrote: see what I do is just start beating the garbage with a small hammer and sprinkle some iZotope in there and then magically it's an alright song

Hmm...that's a little too aggressive for me. I like giving the garbage a sensual back massage and then nibbling its neck

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-18 20:52:37

At 7/13/18 03:05 AM, I0TA wrote: It's okay bro, there was old times, wee 2007, I thought I made best tract ever. Then I dropped out of contest.

So I was fucking pissed.

Now I make best track, wherever I like, whenever I like.

My point is, keep trying, because your best track will always be made as long as you still alive.

Thanks man I know you are right, I have to keep trying! :)

At 7/18/18 08:52 PM, CrisTheGamer wrote:
Thanks man I know you are right, I have to keep trying! :)

if you want a more experienced point of view...

one thing I noticed from that track was the lack of clarity in the mix. all of it is over compressed. remember, EQ > compressor. Only use compressors when absolutely necessary or you know exactly what you are doing.

the generic 0:59 build up needs to go. its so overused I practically click away any song with that build up. its lazy writing.

Your melody/chord progression doesn't make sense to me. The way its written suggest that its there "just because", if that makes sense. Especially the weird bassline at 2:52. Why is it actually going another octave up? What's the point of that?

work on your sound design. your synths sound very weak and plain. None of it really shows your personality/flavor through it.

The random cuts between your arpeggio and that bassline makes no sense at all. I think you're doing that because you want to "add variation". Especially for a "progressive house" track, even though it isn't a progressive house track, you have to be really careful with how you change it up. A progressive track flows in and out over time, there are hardly a lot of cuts.

This kind of track is what you would call progressive house. notice how all of his synths and melodic progressions flows over time. notice the airy atmosphere that track has. There aren't a lot of fast paced arpeggios and everything in there has a purpose.

I understand how you may think your track was your best, but trust me dude. You have huge room for improvement. don't be discouraged. I made generic shit for years.

lel

BBS Signature

At 7/17/18 09:32 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/17/18 08:45 PM, papkee wrote: see what I do is just start beating the garbage with a small hammer and sprinkle some iZotope in there and then magically it's an alright song
Hmm...that's a little too aggressive for me. I like giving the garbage a sensual back massage and then nibbling its neck

ARE YOU BOTH DUMB YOU CLEARLY GET 70,000,000,000,000 GIANT NUCLEAR WARHEADS KNOWN AS SAUSAGE FATTENER AND THROW IT ON THE GARBAGE AND THEN GET 640,000,000,000,000 GIANT NUCLEAR WARHEADS KNOWN AS OTT AND THROW IT ON THE GARBAGE AND THEN STOMP AND SLASH THE REMAINS OF THE GARBAGE THEN THE GARBAGE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES THE BEST SONG EVER MADE

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-19 18:21:52

UPDATE: I'm a bit more confident about this track now than I was an hour ago.

Let's get this thing done.

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-19 18:23:34

At 7/19/18 06:21 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: UPDATE: I'm a bit more confident about this track now than I was an hour ago.

Let's get this thing done.

You've got this!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-20 02:50:21

@pr0tagonist good luck, my guess is that you might win, mr larry nachos xD

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-20 08:23:16

Oh dang I should probably make some music

"what if, when you die, you go to a great mayonnaise city in the sky, where dark lord mayo rules over all." -stardew, 1/1/2018

Response to NGADM ROUND 1 ANNOUNCEMENT 2018-07-20 09:45:49

At 7/20/18 02:50 AM, KeanyGD wrote: @pr0tagonist good luck, my guess is that you might win, mr larry nachos xD

We will see. Good luck!

BBS Signature