00:00
00:00

N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread

10,569 Views | 425 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 18:12:03

At 7/22/18 05:14 PM, endKashika wrote: Help! *gulp* Help!

I would totally rescue you, bro, but @TaintedLogic said I can't swim. I'm not sure if that was observation or prescription, so I'm just gonna chill in this raft, yo.

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 18:21:20

I am nearly there guys. Hang tight. Somebody woke me up and now I need to eat the monster and it's eggs. Don't worry I'm really hungry today.

Never stop creating.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 18:24:32

At 7/22/18 02:58 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Anyway, we’re currently suiting up @Jacob and @EndKashika to fight the monster. The armor room is also on the other side of the dungeon, but @ADR3-N has put together some neat tinfoil suits, and @SleepFacingWest has let us borrow some hefty wooden swords he uses for LARPing. Good luck, @Jacob and @EndKashika! Try not to die!

Why not just throw chips at it, tame it, and have it judge some entries with the judges? The only thing you'd need is a supply of chips to keep it going, but it could work.

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 18:32:53

wow what a saga this has turned into

follow me: soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

At 7/22/18 06:12 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
I would totally rescue you, bro, but @TaintedLogic said I can't swim. I'm not sure if that was observation or prescription, so I'm just gonna chill in this raft, yo.

*Heeeeello from the ooother siiiide*

Well..
At least I can say that I tried, though.

^_-

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 19:38:55

At 7/22/18 07:07 PM, endKashika wrote:

Well..

I am just grabbing some popcorn and watching this like it's a movie...
...WAIT! I really would love to see this whole thing in an animation. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 19:44:24

At 7/22/18 07:38 PM, JordanKyser wrote:
At 7/22/18 07:07 PM, endKashika wrote:

Well..
I am just grabbing some popcorn and watching this like it's a movie...
...WAIT! I really would love to see this whole thing in an animation. ;P

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to NGUAC: the animated musical

seriously though if an animator did that I would bless him

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 20:21:33

uh... you ok over there, Tainted???

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 20:28:38

At 7/22/18 08:21 PM, SplatterDash wrote: uh... you ok over there, Tainted???

I'm fine, thanks! It's Jacob and EndK we have to worry about.

Oh my God, this fight with the sea monster is so good. First, the monster whacked our guys into the watery expanse with a flick of its wrist, but since then they've landed a few blows. Feels like I'm watching a movie. Wow. I would post it on Facebook Live, but I don't want to attract police activity to the NGUAC headquarters for, uh......reasons...........................

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 20:32:24

At 7/22/18 08:28 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Oh my God, this fight with the sea monster is so good. First, the monster whacked our guys into the watery expanse with a flick of its wrist, but since then they've landed a few blows. Feels like I'm watching a movie. Wow. I would post it on Facebook Live, but I don't want to attract police activity to the NGUAC headquarters for, uh......reasons...........................

Wait why would you not want to attract police out there? There's no good reason not to.

...unless... you don't happen to have... no, it can't be... right......?

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 20:43:02

At 7/22/18 08:32 PM, SplatterDash wrote: ...unless... you don't happen to have... no, it can't be... right......?

I'm still not sure we're talking about the same thing, but if we are and you want some, send me a PM.

Also, we don't do shipments anymore because we almost got caught last time. How fast can you get to Noblesville, Indiana?

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 21:23:08

It’s with great sadness that I bear the news that, after an epic battle, @Jacob and @EndKashika have been eaten by the sea monster. We were able to recover our raft, but this process is getting pretty dire right now. Luckily, we discovered that the sea monster has an affinity for cinnabons, which could prove useful. @Kwing was casually enjoying one by the sidelines, and the sea monster expressed great curiosity, sniffing all around and grunting when it couldn’t trace the source of that delicious, cinnamony treat. We’re sending @LunacyEcho to the nearest supermarket to recover as many cinnabons as he possibly can. Hopefully this will lead somewhere before the rest of us get eaten too…

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 22:10:32

At 7/22/18 09:23 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: It’s with great sadness that I bear the news that, after an epic battle, @Jacob and @EndKashika have been eaten by the sea monster. We were able to recover our raft, but this process is getting pretty dire right now. Luckily, we discovered that the sea monster has an affinity for cinnabons, which could prove useful. @Kwing was casually enjoying one by the sidelines, and the sea monster expressed great curiosity, sniffing all around and grunting when it couldn’t trace the source of that delicious, cinnamony treat. We’re sending @LunacyEcho to the nearest supermarket to recover as many cinnabons as he possibly can. Hopefully this will lead somewhere before the rest of us get eaten too…

Nah dog, it's cool, there's Wi-Fi in here. Actually, it's a pretty nice space. The plumbing is a little spotty, and actually pretty acidic, but the lessor left a bunch of fish for us. We should considering relocating the HQ here.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 22:14:02

At 7/22/18 10:10 PM, Jacob wrote: Nah dog, it's cool, there's Wi-Fi in here. Actually, it's a pretty nice space. The plumbing is a little spotty, and actually pretty acidic, but the lessor left a bunch of fish for us. We should considering relocating the HQ here.

Hmmm...not sure a sea monster's stomach is a secure location for the next HQ, but I'll keep it in the running.

Do the stomach acids...burn at all?

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 22:19:39

At 7/22/18 10:14 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Do the stomach acids...burn at all?

Oh jeez, man, I've gotta tell you, they sure could have burned off less of my entire third layer of skin.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 22:24:51

At 7/22/18 10:19 PM, Jacob wrote: Oh jeez, man, I've gotta tell you, they sure could have burned off less of my entire third layer of skin.

Well, I'm glad you seem so happy about it.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 22:35:17

You know, guys, show's pretty good over here from the raft. If only we had a sing-songing bard, I'd be game to make it metal. The chronicles of NGUAC and the Sea Bitch, not the raft, of course. The latter would be inadvisable.

Give or take a little cthulu here and there, our fearsome foe seems to have taken his or her cues from Cujo. Sick doggy paddle going on. With the occasional showers of acid bath and blood rain, it's been a pleasure to analyze -- what technique! @endKashika and @Jacob must be honored.

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 00:53:49

can you ask the sea monster if they like jelly donuts instead?

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 00:58:38

when will the results be out?

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 01:02:50

@TestUser472 @BlueOceans In all seriousness, we're still waiting for a couple of the judges to finish. Thanks for your patience. It won't be too much longer than an hour or two.

assuming we're able to defeat this sea monster in a timely manner, of course

BBS Signature

was messing around sorry if you took that as me being impatient

my question wasn't answered, does it happen to like jelly donuts? i heard rumors that the supermarket only sells jelly donuts and not cinnabons

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 01:44:24

At 7/23/18 01:36 AM, TestUser472 wrote: was messing around sorry if you took that as me being impatient

No worries. :)

my question wasn't answered, does it happen to like jelly donuts? i heard rumors that the supermarket only sells jelly donuts and not cinnabons

Oh, I see. Well, I sure hope the supermarket has some cinnabons. Maybe @LunacyEcho has just had trouble finding one that's open this late at night...

But jelly donuts are pretty good. Maybe LE has kept the jelly donuts for himself...

BBS Signature

ok

then again this rumor is pretty new my friend told me like 4 hours ago that the supermarket no longer sells cinnabons and a mysterious thief has stolen all the cinnabons so it could be possible LE took all the cinnabons

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 01:55:09

At 7/23/18 01:51 AM, TestUser472 wrote: ok
then again this rumor is pretty new my friend told me like 4 hours ago that the supermarket no longer sells cinnabons and a mysterious thief has stolen all the cinnabons so it could be possible LE took all the cinnabons

Woah. Conspiracy alert!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 02:29:07

At 7/23/18 01:55 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/23/18 01:51 AM, TestUser472 wrote:
Woah. Conspiracy alert!

dammit you caught me; it is i the CINNABANDIT

(i also stole the scores but they're significantly less edible so you can have them back... for a price)

At 7/23/18 02:29 AM, LunacyEcho wrote: dammit you caught me; it is i the CINNABANDIT

(i also stole the scores but they're significantly less edible so you can have them back... for a price)

WHA--- WHAT? So...do you control the sea monster...or does it control you?

BBS Signature

Hey all,

Finally finished reviewing! I've got notes on all the tracks I scored, so if you'd like detailed notes about your track, PM me and I'll send it along. I was reviewing the all stars and I'd like to just say now that everyone was pretty GD awesome. You are all pretty awesome for simply creating something that didn't previously exist. I tried as best as I could to figure out what you were going for, and score according to how well you achieved that goal as opposed to simply what I liked the best. This was hard and I'm only human so take my reviews and scores with that in mind.

<3

(edit: if you request a review, it will be publicly posted to your track page unless otherwise specified. Please let me know if you'd rather have it PM'ed)

I'm a composer. Let's build worlds together!

Visit my site for my portfolio and royalty-free music!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 02:49:38

So, I'm still not sure what's up with @LunacyEcho, but we're now sending @EndKashika to get some cinnabons so we can...oh, right. EndK's still in the monster's belly. Well, we're sending @ADR3-N to get some cinnabons, then. I know LE seems to have taken them all, but believe you me: my judging squad is pretty resourceful when in comes to finding cinnabons.

BBS Signature

WHA--- WHAT? So...do you control the sea monster...or does it control you?

i'm thinking the sea monster is a distraction and the sea monster and the bandit coincidentally both like cinnabons so it's using the sea
monster to distract us while the cinnabandit "helps" but in reality steals the cinnabons for himself and the sea monster

the scores meanwhile are stolen for only them to read

but it's just a thought

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-23 02:55:51

At 7/23/18 02:40 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: WHA--- WHAT? So...do you control the sea monster...or does it control you?

yes