00:00
00:00

N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread

10,622 Views | 425 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Every decision you've ever made up until now (no matter how small) has potentially saved your life by keeping you from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

signature

Hiya all,

here's my submission for the contest:

Alien: Covenant; caution: xenomorph detected

Have fun, everybody!

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-15 21:04:20

THREE. HOURS. LEFT.

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-15 23:07:33

Oh man! 3 more submissions and we get to 300. But we only have ONE HOUR!

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-16 00:39:26

At 7/15/18 11:38 PM, BlueOceans wrote: Can I change my audition track to this?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/811828

Yes you may!

And with that, the NGUAC tryouts submission phase is officially closed! The final total stands at 298 submissions. Maybe we'll reach 300 next year, eh?

I'm still waiting to hear from @GearWax about a potential copyright issue with his piece. Since I sent him a PM about it quite recently (a few hours ago), I believe it's fair to give him a full 24 hours to respond before I disqualify him.

Anyway, onto the good stuff. I decided not to do the huge submission list thing this year, as I believe it generates more confusion than helpfulness. However, here are the fan total ranges for the groups:

Underdogs: 0-7 fans
Professional Amateurs: 8-17 fans
Above Average Joes: 18-46 fans
All-Stars: 47+ fans

Results should be out sometime on July 22nd. Judges may commence judging. @ADR3-N @Bosa @EndKashika @Frootza @Kwing @LunacyEcho @Midimachine @Random-storykeeper @SleepFacingWest @Spadezer

Good luck, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-16 18:17:15

At 7/16/18 02:23 AM, Beluga-of-time wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/783626

As per the rules, we will accept your entry, albeit with a slight "tax" on your final score since it was late. Thanks for understanding.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-16 19:04:20

Excuse the double-post.

Now seems like as good a time as ever to post my judging standards, freshly updated after AIM. I'd encourage competitors and fellow judges alike to read them, although I don't expect any of my fellow judges to adopt them. I'm just trying to be transparent in advance about how I score people's music. Have at thee!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-19 23:28:18

@FLWR has been disqualified for using copyrighted content in his submission. Chance the Rapper ripoffs have no place on Newgrounds, dude. You should know that.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-20 12:39:43

Chance the Rapper ripoffs have no place on Newgrounds, dude.

I’d like to apologize to @FLWR. I was just informed that he’s a legit audio promoter and the staff is cool with him uploading his stuff. That said, we still can’t accept this submission because it contains so much content that was not made by FLWR. Thanks for understanding.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-20 19:27:12

Shout-out to:

@Deshiel
@Pr0tagonist
@SoulSecure
@Voltus

...for being the only users to submit a song to the NGUAC for all 5 years! You rock, guys! Thanks for your participation.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-21 07:48:40

At 7/20/18 07:27 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Shout-out to:

@Deshiel
@Pr0tagonist
@SoulSecure
@Voltus

...for being the only users to submit a song to the NGUAC for all 5 years! You rock, guys! Thanks for your participation.

Man, we've been doing this for 5 years? Time flies. Lemme know when we can start!

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-21 10:10:25

At 7/20/18 07:27 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Shout-out to:

@Deshiel
@Pr0tagonist
@SoulSecure
@Voltus

It has been five years now?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-21 12:04:05

@Deshiel @SoulSecure Yup! Contest started in 2014. Pretty crazy, right?

BBS Signature

At 7/21/18 12:04 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: @Deshiel @SoulSecure Yup! Contest started in 2014. Pretty crazy, right?

tainted logic, your logic is tainted.

2014 + 5 =/= 2018
2014 + 4 = 2018

therefore it has been 4 years

wait i think nguac started in 2013

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-21 23:16:49

At 7/21/18 11:10 PM, TestUser472 wrote: tainted logic, your logic is tainted.

Lol, like I've never heard that one before.

The contest started in 2014. Addition is non-inclusive. 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 are five years. Technically, it's been four years since the contest started, but this is in fact the 5th year.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 04:41:37

'T ain't Ted logic. T-Pain. Ted, log! I c.

(Have you heard those ones before? I tried really hard.)

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 12:26:37

(Have you heard those ones before?

Not really, no!

But I have some unfortunate news, everyone. So...the NGUAC headquarters building is having some infrastructure problems. I guess that’s what happens when it’s in a state of disuse for 10 months at a time. There was some flooding during the winter last year, and now the dungeon that @Bosa insisted we build (idk why; ask him) has about 12-foot deep water all around.

The scores are stored in the server room on flimsy, definitely-not-water-resistant pieces of paper, which has since been cut off to us by the shifting tides of the floodwater. Kinda weird that floodwater has shifting tides, but anyway...our only option to save the scores is to swim across the dungeon. Unfortunately, none of the judges know how to swim, so @Midimachine and @Random-storykeeper are fashioning a raft out of makeshift materials. I’ll keep you posted!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 13:54:22

Unfortunately, none of the judges know how to swim, so @Midimachine and @Random-storykeeper are fashioning a raft out of makeshift materials. I’ll keep you posted!

OMG! Be careful! Maybe you should use scuba diving gear just in case.

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 14:01:58

At 7/22/18 01:54 PM, FateModified wrote: OMG! Be careful! Maybe you should use scuba diving gear just in case.

Woah! That's a good idea! Hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately, scuba gear is a bit more expensive than the cardboard and toothpicks we've made this raft out of.

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 14:15:54

At 7/22/18 12:26 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: But I have some unfortunate news, everyone.

I KNEW we should have gotten insurance for the dungeon!!!

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 14:58:39

More bad news, guys. The whole rafting experiment didn’t really work out. @Midimachine and @Random-storykeeper quickly found out that the dungeon is home to a giant sea monster. Luckily, they were able to escape back to the near side of the dungeon, but the scores are still elusive. I guess this is what happens when @Frootza leaves leftover sea monster eggs around the headquarters (he has quite refined tastes in cuisine).

Anyway, we’re currently suiting up @Jacob and @EndKashika to fight the monster. The armor room is also on the other side of the dungeon, but @ADR3-N has put together some neat tinfoil suits, and @SleepFacingWest has let us borrow some hefty wooden swords he uses for LARPing. Good luck, @Jacob and @EndKashika! Try not to die!

BBS Signature

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 16:47:11

Its A'OK Buddy No harm Done :D Good luck to Everyone

Help! *gulp* Help!

At 7/22/18 02:58 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Anyway, we’re currently suiting up @Jacob and @EndKashika to fight the monster. The armor room is also on the other side of the dungeon, but @ADR3-N has put together some neat tinfoil suits, and @SleepFacingWest has let us borrow some hefty wooden swords he uses for LARPing. Good luck, @Jacob and @EndKashika! Try not to die!

^_-

Response to N G U A C 2018 Tryouts thread 2018-07-22 17:19:04

What is it?