00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need some feedback

387 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need some feedback 2018-06-20 03:19:24

Hi!

I really need some feedback on how I should do my art.
I just can't decide if I should go for a sketchy look or if I should just ink my artwork.

If you head over to "Victims of the plague-16th-century (sketch or ink?)" you'll see a piece I'm currently working on.

I would love to read your feedbacks on this (as long as you provide it with constructive criticism - which I know you will).

Thanks for your help!

CHEERS!

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-23 01:58:02

I kind of like the way it is half and half now. I think it depends on what you are going for. The ink looks more chaotic. The sketch is more relaxed. To give you an opinion, I would have to know how hard it is supposed to be snowing in the pic.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-24 06:54:07

At 6/23/18 01:58 AM, ZebraHumor wrote: I kind of like the way it is half and half now. I think it depends on what you are going for. The ink looks more chaotic. The sketch is more relaxed. To give you an opinion, I would have to know how hard it is supposed to be snowing in the pic.

Thanks for your feedback!

I've uploaded a piece with both the sketch and the inked version for comparison.
Using lines for the shadows might make it all seem too chaotic...

You can take a look at both pieces here: Sketch vs Ink

Thanks again for your feedback!

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-24 18:35:26

At 6/24/18 06:54 AM, CreativeFosse wrote:
At 6/23/18 01:58 AM, ZebraHumor wrote: I kind of like the way it is half and half now. I think it depends on what you are going for. The ink looks more chaotic. The sketch is more relaxed. To give you an opinion, I would have to know how hard it is supposed to be snowing in the pic.
Thanks for your feedback!

I've uploaded a piece with both the sketch and the inked version for comparison.
Using lines for the shadows might make it all seem too chaotic...

You can take a look at both pieces here: Sketch vs Ink

Thanks again for your feedback!

I have gone back and forth on which one I like more. I guess.....for now....I am going to have to say......ink? It was close though.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-25 13:53:40

At 6/24/18 06:35 PM, ZebraHumor wrote: I have gone back and forth on which one I like more. I guess.....for now....I am going to have to say......ink? It was close though.

Okay, thanks.

Yeah, I know it's hard to choose either sketch or ink.
But I've worked on it some more (inking some of it in a different style) and here's what I came up with:

Need some feedback

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-25 16:08:11

At 6/25/18 01:53 PM, CreativeFosse wrote:

But I've worked on it some more (inking some of it in a different style) and here's what I came up with:

Yep! That one!

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-25 17:35:36

At 6/25/18 04:08 PM, ZebraHumor wrote:
At 6/25/18 01:53 PM, CreativeFosse wrote:

Yep! That one!

Great! Thanks for your feedbacks. It's much appreciated!

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-25 18:13:56

Definitely go with ink. There's a subtle difference between the two, but inked feels much more finalized and has the most impact.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-25 20:49:33

Hey guys I'm trying to get noticed through art and movies possibly and it would be fantastic if you viewed my art at least and check out my page! I'm constantly looking at yours through these forums.

Here is the link:

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-26 07:37:42

Let that be sketch or ink, I like them both. I have to say you say you have done a good job and I'd be willing to see both sketches and ink'd as well.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-26 07:45:09

Hey, I have just stumbled over this topic and I personally prefered the sketchy one, until you showed the "final" result (not quite sure but looks finished to me :D) and honestly the last inked one was way better :D

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-26 09:29:52

At 6/26/18 07:37 AM, haanuman wrote: Let that be sketch or ink, I like them both. I have to say you say you have done a good job and I'd be willing to see both sketches and ink'd as well.

Well, thank you :)

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-26 09:35:03

At 6/26/18 07:45 AM, DarkAngel45000 wrote: Hey, I have just stumbled over this topic and I personally prefered the sketchy one, until you showed the "final" result (not quite sure but looks finished to me :D) and honestly the last inked one was way better :D

Thanks!
Well, I always try to do my best and to experiment with the way I draw and want it to look. I just had to try inking this way just to see if it would work and to my surprise it did.
But it's hard work though and I need a lot of drawings and artwork like this for the project I'm working on, but since I want the outcome to be as best as possible I'm up for it :) I just have to embrace myself for long hours this summer.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-26 13:15:17

I like it. I like the sketchy look more honestly, fits the time period. I will say this though, all tests and works in progress you don't have to upload to the Art Portal. You can upload them to your Dumping Grounds and then share the link in a thread. Case in point I strongly suggest you make an Art Thread here to post your works in progress for the future.

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-27 13:43:39

At 6/26/18 01:15 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I like it. I like the sketchy look more honestly, fits the time period. I will say this though, all tests and works in progress you don't have to upload to the Art Portal. You can upload them to your Dumping Grounds and then share the link in a thread. Case in point I strongly suggest you make an Art Thread here to post your works in progress for the future.

Thank you for giving me feedback and your opinion.
I do agree with you to some point but I want to create a style that fit the time period and make the artwork as clean as possible. I've got an idea in mind keeping the inking style but reduce the opacity to look more like the color of pencil strokes. I think it might work.

Also thanks for reminding me of Dumping Grounds as I have never used it before, but I surely now see its purpose :)
And I will also continue to make an Art Thread here for my future WIP.

I didn't expect to get feedbacks like these and I'm happy that you people in here care as much as you do.
Thank you!

Response to Need some feedback 2018-06-27 13:53:09

At 6/27/18 01:43 PM, CreativeFosse wrote: I didn't expect to get feedbacks like these and I'm happy that you people in here care as much as you do.
Thank you!

That's what this site is about man. It is a wonderful place to grow and improve your skills.