00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mirroring is it bad or good?

196 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mirroring is it bad or good? 2018-06-14 04:08:18

Hi there, when i ask if mirroring is bad or good i mean the next; i'm using Krita to draw and there is the feature of mirroring in real time i mean there is a line in the middle and what i draw in a part will be in the other too (probably everybody already know this but just in case) for some times i have been drawing spaceships using the the mirroring feature but now i'm thinking about doing an RPG and actually drawing characters etc... so now i can't use it anymore and i feel like using it was a shortcut and i didn't learn to do the thing in a proper mode. That being said my question is if using little tricks like mirroring actually made my skills to decay.

-------
Draws using the mirroring just in case ...
https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0f3651d6477a8efdc7d9073be5246337
https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1112f06c6e856fa6ef4f037deac16be4

Response to Mirroring is it bad or good? 2018-06-14 04:33:36

I think if it feels like practicing to you then you should keep it up i think those things look really detailed

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Mirroring is it bad or good? 2018-06-14 08:25:55

At 6/14/18 04:08 AM, KurayamiShiryoku wrote: Hi there, when i ask if mirroring is bad or good i mean the next; i'm using Krita to draw and there is the feature of mirroring in real time i mean there is a line in the middle and what i draw in a part will be in the other too (probably everybody already know this but just in case) for some times i have been drawing spaceships using the the mirroring feature but now i'm thinking about doing an RPG and actually drawing characters etc... so now i can't use it anymore and i feel like using it was a shortcut and i didn't learn to do the thing in a proper mode. That being said my question is if using little tricks like mirroring actually made my skills to decay.

Dude, mirroring is extremely useful for models, symbols that require symmetry or certain designs that need to be accurate. Use it if you want to make the things look neat. However, like you suspected, mirroring won't give you the opportunity to gain much skills aside from clever use of programs, an important skill nonetheless.

peskytarian

BBS Signature