00:00
00:00

Best of May 2018!

4,504 Views | 18 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Some quick community news before we get to the monthly winners:

El-Cid is sitting down and talking to industry animation pros, take a look!

James Lee produced 16 minutes of animated cinemas for the new Shaq Fu, along with the box art!

KrangGames has released Love is Dead, the spiritual successor to i saw her standing there on NG.

Concluse started as an animated series about a lost PS1 horror game and is now coming to Steam!

The Bad Dream Animation Jam is in progress!

With no further ado, here are your Best of May:

Top Five Movies

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Old Earth. Congrats @Fantishow!

Top Five Games

Runner-up Movies

6. The Loaf Zone
7. GrubFit
8. Customer Reviews : Foamy The Squirrels
9. The Hero's Tavern
10. 'Scuse Me
11. Homer's Deathbed
12. Resident Vile Animation (Resident evil 2 parody)
13. "Gun Fun" Animatic - A student work
14. Brose Quartz
15. Natural Love
16. GROUNDBOUND
17. Banana Peel
18. Starbarians on Newgrounds
19. Seizure
20. TD-Destructive Assertions

Runner-up Games

6. Woodlings
7. The Lost Temple
8. America's Retribution
9. ANTIDOTE city HALL #1
10. Celestial Crusaders - FREE DEMO
11. 10 Bullets - HTML5
12. Krystine and the children in chains
13. Shooter Soldier Max
14. Interstate Drifter 2000 [demo]
15. Famous Paintings Parodies 10
16. Redirect
17. Jumping to the Top 2
18. Forest Floor
19. PDS
20. Robostar

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @DoomedChi!

Thank you everyone who participated in May!

I'll wrap this up with a picture of Tankman Steve admiring the desert wasteland of Old Earth. This Steve was illustrated by @IvanAlmighty for our new voting bar, part of a massive voting / review update that has been a long time coming.

Best of May 2018!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-07 12:04:46


Good to see we're updating the peer review/scoring interfaces. Soul Sword and Old Earth hit a huge home run for me this month. Have you heard our talk in the NG chat about voting for an updated 'face of Newgrounds'? I think it's a neat idea to pass the torch. Pico to Cap, Cap to ??? (I'm hoping it's Nightmare Cops next).


BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-07 12:12:07


At 6/7/18 12:04 PM, Rummy wrote: Good to see we're updating the peer review/scoring interfaces. Soul Sword and Old Earth hit a huge home run for me this month. Have you heard our talk in the NG chat about voting for an updated 'face of Newgrounds'? I think it's a neat idea to pass the torch. Pico to Cap, Cap to ??? (I'm hoping it's Nightmare Cops next).

I missed that chat but in this case, the voting bar is passing the torch from Pico & friends to Steve. Good 'ol Steve.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-07 12:34:29


More tankmen is a good thing.


BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-07 13:25:23 (edited 2018-06-07 13:27:11)


Well congrats to the winners of May 2018. Well I had just two problems experiencing on NG. Number one, it would be to fix the user page for the original internet explorer, but I can see the banner on the user pages at Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Number two, it would also be great to disable invites messages from P-Bot, I have personally have nothing against P-Bot and events to vote for the following monthly nominations. I also think it should have a checkbox in the settings, I don't want the message permanently blocked from P-Bot. It should be optional for someone like me, but it could be interested in future contest months later. But it's that I'm not interested in it at the very moment, also I don't want my inbox to filled monthly from P-Bots' invites. I also think that the settings for the userpage (the icon at the top left, not on the userpages) could use some rework, because it's way far behind. Well have a safe summer everyone.


Moving on and looking forward...

LM-M// Twitter:@Uncle_MartinMac/ PSN:LordMartinMac/ Shortcuts...(Wip)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-07 17:32:10


May 2018 had so many good entries. Samurai Jack was my favorite.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-08 00:23:40


At 6/7/18 11:41 AM, TomFulp wrote: Concluse started as an animated series about a lost PS1 horror game and is now coming to Steam!

Wow Tom, thanks for the mention, really appreciate it :)


BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-08 13:22:15


At 6/8/18 12:23 AM, JMartin97 wrote:
At 6/7/18 11:41 AM, TomFulp wrote: Concluse started as an animated series about a lost PS1 horror game and is now coming to Steam!
Wow Tom, thanks for the mention, really appreciate it :)

@NekoMika deserves the credit for bringing it to my attention!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-09 05:02:50


First time I've made the top 5 of a month across all my games, not bad. Thanks for voting for Azurael's Circle folks.


Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-09 08:27:07


Congrats to all the winners and I recall reading about the Shaq-Fu fan-sequel way back in 2011, nice to finally see it come out of development hell.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-09 15:06:20


Glad to see the (IMHO) best two both made it into the Top 5 this time. Been a pretty great month! Congrats to the winners!

And good stuff going on overall.


Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #50 (Feb)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-09 19:14:43


Real honour to be one of the nominees amongst these great animations. Congrats to the winners!

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-13 14:29:21 (edited 2018-06-13 14:42:33)


Hey @TomFulp , is it planned at all to update the News pages so that when we embed a NG animation, it looks like how it does here in your forum post as opposed to this? It's not bad, but just not as presentable/fetching, y'know? Or, I guess, a new way that looks nicer overall

Oh, also, are we able to change our forum icons? Ever since the update, I coudn't see how to do it/won't let me.

Best of May 2018!


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-13 15:20:02


At 6/13/18 02:29 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Hey @TomFulp , is it planned at all to update the News pages so that when we embed a NG animation, it looks like how it does here in your forum post as opposed to this? It's not bad, but just not as presentable/fetching, y'know? Or, I guess, a new way that looks nicer overall

So do you mean you'd like it to work like the forums, where if you paste just the URL, it turns it into a thumbnail with description to make the link more attractive? That is something I would like to address there.

Oh, also, are we able to change our forum icons? Ever since the update, I couldn't see how to do it/won't let me.

If you mean the level icon edit option for supporters, you can do that when your user page is in Edit mode, you'll see a link to change your level icon then. We have a note in the task / bug system to bring back the old way of letting supporters click their level icon anywhere to change it but that is another rainy day item.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-13 15:29:23


At 6/13/18 03:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/13/18 02:29 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Hey @TomFulp , is it planned at all to update the News pages so that when we embed a NG animation, it looks like how it does here in your forum post as opposed to this? It's not bad, but just not as presentable/fetching, y'know? Or, I guess, a new way that looks nicer overall
So do you mean you'd like it to work like the forums, where if you paste just the URL, it turns it into a thumbnail with description to make the link more attractive? That is something I would like to address there.

Sure, anything like that to pretty it up :) I just figured out today that we can embed NG animations, so ultimately the more streamlined, the better.


Oh, also, are we able to change our forum icons? Ever since the update, I couldn't see how to do it/won't let me.
If you mean the level icon edit option for supporters, you can do that when your user page is in Edit mode, you'll see a link to change your level icon then. We have a note in the task / bug system to bring back the old way of letting supporters click their level icon anywhere to change it but that is another rainy day item.

Oh, no, I meant the avatars, not the level icon. My face there on the top left. I've been able to change my userpage's icon and the banner, but the forum avatar here is still separate.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-13 19:31:08


Congrats to the winners!!

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-14 11:12:25


Hey Tooom!
Do you think “ do do do lee do do” sounds like “ do do do lee do do”?
Or maybe “ do do do lee do do”? Just Trying to make a masterpiece here.

Best of May 2018!


Luc Richard

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-14 11:51:54


At 6/14/18 11:12 AM, RigaheaD wrote: Hey Tooom!
Do you think “ do do do lee do do” sounds like “ do do do lee do do”?
Or maybe “ do do do lee do do”? Just Trying to make a masterpiece here.

I don't know but if this is for the Bad Dream jam you've piqued my interest.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of May 2018! 2018-06-14 12:37:19


At 6/14/18 11:51 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/14/18 11:12 AM, RigaheaD wrote: Hey Tooom!
Do you think “ do do do lee do do” sounds like “ do do do lee do do”?
Or maybe “ do do do lee do do”? Just Trying to make a masterpiece here.
I don't know but if this is for the Bad Dream jam you've piqued my interest.

Il started something for the jam, but I don’t know if is going to be a master piece. My master piece will probably be making 3d arts for your Pico game some day ;)


Luc Richard