00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation Jam: Bad Dream

28,646 Views | 112 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-07 02:05:32

I have a little .fla I think I could form into something for this; time to do some shit.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-07 04:25:26

At 6/5/18 07:25 PM, AfterlifeAn wrote: Holy Crap! Today i had a bad dream.

Better animate it. :P

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-07 18:57:54

IS There Anything to make a Animation with?

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-07 19:07:09

At 6/7/18 06:57 PM, Flowercat07 wrote: IS There Anything to make a Animation with?

Check under "Extra Extra!:Creator Resources" at the bottom of the website. There are free 3D and 2D softwares such as Blender, Krita, and Open Toonz. The links for those are found in that section of the site or you can just google them! If you need any leaning material for Blender or help with Krita, I can help you out since I use them both.

Crazy Artist, Roboticist and Programmer... that's about it.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-07 19:27:39

I've got a nice bangin' idea for this one!

Came for the dick jokes, stayed for the pals I made.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 01:22:55

If anyone would like to use my talents as a voice actor, i'd love to help!

Check out my demos here!
https://soundcloud.com/isaakwells/sets/demo-reels

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 14:15:59 (edited 2018-06-08 14:35:18)

If any of you fine, hardworking, and adorable fellows need help with music for your animation; please let me know! If you have a specific genre in mind, get in touch with me because I know quite a few high quality and professional musicians here on Newgrounds who would be very interested in helping you out.

If you want original music, or if you're in a hurry and simply want to license music already created, then you're covered. I appreciate your support and keeping the Audio Portal alive and strong.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 16:24:24

At 6/8/18 02:15 PM, Bosa wrote: If any of you fine, hardworking, and adorable fellows need help with music for your animation; please let me know! If you have a specific genre in mind, get in touch with me because I know quite a few high quality and professional musicians here on Newgrounds who would be very interested in helping you out.

If you want original music, or if you're in a hurry and simply want to license music already created, then you're covered. I appreciate your support and keeping the Audio Portal alive and strong.

So dope! Thanks for the offer. Need to get my things in order but I definitely want to participate on this, especially with all the support being given by everyone here.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 18:17:21

I think i wanna do this!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 19:11:10

At 6/8/18 06:17 PM, 357Sneak wrote: I think i wanna do this!

It'll be fun my friend! The animation process is a really cool experience!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-08 19:53:37

Awesome concept, good luck everyone!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-10 18:45:19

Sweet.

-CrisscrossCC! brozone AwesomeSAUCE 1236699

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-11 03:12:33

If only I had animation skills, I'd do someone logging on to NG, looking at the Portal, and finding nothing under judgment apart from Krinkels ripoffs, some guys spamming their Patreon account with a twelfth demo version of a crappy hentai game, someone making Pong as they think it's new, many other works in progress, someone displaying an intro for their Youtube channel with no movie after it, a bunch of match 3 variants etc. Our hero then presses zero on all of them and in every single case sees the "despite your efforts this game has been protected"

Or is this actually a dream?

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-11 08:11:00

At 6/11/18 03:12 AM, jonthomson wrote: If only I had animation skills,... Our hero then presses zero on all of them and in every single case sees the "despite your efforts this game has been protected"

Or is this actually a dream?

That's definitely a bad dream! I can imagine the horror (and remember my experiences). And honestly, even if you don't have the skills for animation, this is a good time to challenge yourself and learn! Even if it's rough, I would love to see an animation come from this!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-11 15:10:43 (edited 2018-06-11 15:13:25)

i am really looking forward to the animation contest

My banner, looks like the adult swim logo.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-12 13:01:46

Tom, might I inquire... --- Can I use a submission which promotes a game I'm trying to make?

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-12 13:07:58

At 6/12/18 01:01 PM, MRat wrote: Tom, might I inquire... --- Can I use a submission which promotes a game I'm trying to make?

Sure, that's fine!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-12 14:07:54

huzzah! Prepare to meet ORNERY SORCERY!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-13 14:45:59

somebody need ideas

Wut wut

$imlunchboxx

Buy ImLunchboxx dm me NOW!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-14 02:44:01

Hi, new here so hello! Ill be doing my absolute best on this jam. Good luck everyone.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-14 22:51:00

I'm using opentoonz for the first time and it's been a hell of a learning curve coming from flash. It also doesn't help that it's been 6-8 years since I've done any kind of animation work. I forgot how much work it is D':

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-15 09:15:38

At 6/14/18 10:51 PM, Temariix wrote: I'm using opentoonz for the first time and it's been a hell of a learning curve coming from flash. It also doesn't help that it's been 6-8 years since I've done any kind of animation work. I forgot how much work it is D':

If you're good at drawing, you'll be good at animation!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-16 14:30:14

At 6/15/18 09:15 AM, TheDyingSun wrote

If you're good at drawing, you'll be good at animation!

If this turns out to be a dumpster fire, I blame my handicap. She determined that it's cuddle time, not drawing time.

Animation Jam: Bad Dream

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-16 21:28:20

I just started animating mine yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-22 16:46:38

Look I know it's late, I realized that I am not going to be able to make an entry into this jam, but I liked the story and you can have it if you want, I guess just message me if you want it.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-23 22:58:03

Even though I've been working my booty off, I'm gonna be cutting it reaaaaaal close to that deadline. Been learning a lot though and with my friend's help I'm finally gonna finish an animation yay.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-24 03:06:32

(Idea for creators im a lucid dreamer and love horror dreams so I put my self in danger alot in my dreams either fighting or running to try to survive I find it fun..) This is gonna be a great competition cant wait to see the entry's for this one hoping for creepy and trippy vibes I had a dream last night that was horror mixed with comedy check this out so I just left a house trying to get away from this huge dog that was trying to naw and chomp on my arm I escape the house and its dark out side but luckily I some how know how to get home all though I have no clue where I am at then I find a note after a couple of steps on the path im walking and the path is Forrest on one side and open field on the other side when I read this small post it note I picked up from the path it shows a weird drawing of what I think is a monster and a arrow pointing towards the way im walking and there was a huge box so out of no where I am like "oh fuck that! " lol honestly and I run at the box and push my self off the top of it and float up 20-25 feet and when I am gliding back down half way I see two kids watching me and saying "awe man we cant prank him hes freaking flying away!" I went nananan hahahha then I realize I am not landing so I go "oh shit this is why I hate flying in my dreams cause I always have to climb my way back down" so as I pass this big mansion I grab a hold of this hanging drape to pull my self back to the ground so this anti gravity problem would stop but when I am landing on the side of the mansion I see some one coming out so i freak out thinking "oh shit imma get shot for trespassing! " So I woke my self up not wanting to float up over there gate being scared I would be sent to space or to another reality IDK I never let myself go up to high from fear of not returning like literally I feel like if you enter space you will go in a coma and in your dream you will be either in someone elses dream or in a another dimension IDK every time I fly up to high I climb down from the corner of a building or using that drape last night

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-25 07:27:00

I didn't have time to make an entry of my own so if anyone needs a hand with some last minute colouring, inbetweening, backgrounds or clean-up I'd be happy to help out. Just PM me on here. I have flash CS6, so I can work with CS5 or higher, and photoshop.

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-25 20:59:28 (edited 2018-06-25 21:00:34)

At 6/7/18 02:05 AM, Welldoneshellfish wrote: I have a little .fla I think I could form into something for this; time to do some shit.

Bah, nevermind; I've been working on it and trying to kick it out quickly enough, but my idea is just a little too complex of an animation to be finished before the deadline, plus moving away for university during the final stretch of it makes it practically an impossibility even if I kill myself (which I kind of do habitually regardless, but such won't save me here).

I'll animate my cartoon and post it when it's finished, though; I'm really enjoying working on it.

Anyway, that's my story that no one gives a shit about, including myself; good luck to the rest of you chaps; I look forward to seeing some killer entries!

Response to Animation Jam: Bad Dream 2018-06-26 21:42:34

At 6/25/18 08:59 PM, Welldoneshellfish wrote:
At 6/7/18 02:05 AM, Welldoneshellfish wrote: I have a little .fla I think I could form into something for this; time to do some shit.
Bah, nevermind [...] my idea is just a little too complex of an animation to be finished before the deadline, plus moving away for university during the final stretch of it makes it practically an impossibility even if I kill myself

Dude. Saaaame. It's really hard to get animations done when the human body requires more than half an hour of sleep per day to function. Depending on July's jam, maybe you could tweak it and finish it for that theme!