00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Video Game Sayings

924 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst Video Game Sayings 2018-05-30 17:55:38

Here's a thread for all that annoying video game slang.

"It's a Mario"
Translation: This game isn't at all like a Mario game, and is instead a very generic platformer. It's pretty clear anyone who uses this phrase hasn't played very many Mario games or probably video games at all for that matter.

"Nintendos"
Translation: Not actual Nintendos but instead Nintendo games. It's pretty clear anyone who uses this to mean Nintendo games rather than NES consoles isn't an avid gamer.

"It's a Meatboy" or "It's a Darksouls"
Translation: A game perceived by the user of this slang to be one of the hardest games ever. Rarely has anything in common with either game. Typically used by people who aren't very good at video games and may even apply to games that aren't very hard.

"Polish"
Translation: N/A as its usage is too vague. Used by people who wish to leave "constructive" comments on games but have nothing of value to add so in fact these comments are never constructive or helpful in any way. It's basically saying they didn't like the game very much or maybe they liked it some but thought it could be better, but without any actual useful information such as specifics as to what they didn't like or what could be made better.

"Master Race"
Translation: The preferred system that the user uses is superior to all others and gamers who use that system are superior to all others. I don't think it should take much thought to see why this one is bad. The first thing most people will think of when someone mentions "Master Race" is Nazi Germany. So you're basically comparing yourself to a Nazi if you use this one.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Worst Video Game Sayings 2018-05-30 18:17:52

"WoW clone"
Used to describe all the newer, 3D MMOs as a derivative of World of Warcraft.

"Graphics look like they're from 1999"
Often used to describe newer, 3D MMOs as having graphics that look like they were made using the original Unreal Engine, or Quake III Arena Engine. This despite the fact that all MMOs from 1999 were 2D RPGs.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Video Game Sayings 2018-05-31 22:20:13

At 5/30/18 06:17 PM, Painbringer wrote: "WoW clone"
Used to describe all the newer, 3D MMOs as a derivative of World of Warcraft.

funny, cuz it's an everquest clone.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Worst Video Game Sayings 2018-06-07 03:18:06

"The real game doesn't start until level <insert number>"

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Video Game Sayings 2018-06-07 14:31:44

“Murder Simulators”

I’m not going to bother discussing how inaccurate that is on so many levels. Pixels =/= people, get over it.

“Innovation”

In other words: “stop liking the games I don’t like because I think they’re dumb.”
Alternatively: a cheap buzzword made up by spoiled gamers who don’t know what they really want, and probably only pay attention only the November/December releases, so they can shit on them.

“Game of the year”

It seems like everyone and their dog hands them out nowadays, it’s lost all meaning. Furthermore, there are really only about 3-5 games in a given year that is legitimately worth playing regardless of preference, the rest is clearly up to taste.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature