00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trump's supporters want respect

19,703 Views | 343 Replies

Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-29 20:22:44

‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview
Brad Reed BRAD REED 27 APR 2018

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/want-respect-trump-supporters-whine-everyone-mocks-pity-soaked-npr-interview/

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-29 21:09:42

And that's how you ended up with President Donald Trump. Laughter and mocking.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 00:11:02

To be perfectly honest, I feel sorry for them. As much as I don't like the politics that they hold, many I know and care for are on that boat, so it sucks to see they can't be happy with what they thought they wanted.

That being said, they want respect from the other side, they need to earn it. Having my pity ain't the same as having my respect - can't say I can respect Trump supporters until they stop assuming everyone and everything else is out to get them.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 08:49:31

Why should I respect them when they are racist islamaphobes who whine about people who disagree with them.

There are so many double standards at play here, so trump supporters can eat my ass and can go f*ck themselves.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 11:28:16

lol@ this thread and how it displays the exact situation "trump supporters" are "whining" about.

it's larger than trump and predates him by decades. coastal elites and fly over states, people with over priced degrees and blue collar workers, etc. these people have been ridiculed and dehumanized for years, happens in media and entertainment, happens just about everywhere.

yes, it goes both ways, of course. but these people are just tired of being outright dismissed because of a small factor of who they are, or turning on tv and having every representation of anyone with a southern accent be portrayed as a backwoods moron. it's in their faces constantly, there's no fair or equal representation in media.

we're all americans.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 11:45:30

It's kinda hard to take them serious when they are always defending him, including the scandals (which has it's own wiki page), and the outright swamp he has created after denouncing it on the campaign trail - stuff we have not seen in a century or more by any president.

It also doesn't help that they defend a habitual liar, who calls everything fake news, even though he, and members of his administration, are always contradicting themselves, or covering for the outright lies of their commander in chief tells. He's thins skinned, a textbook narcissist, with a huge ego, where he has to self congratulate himself for things he didn't do, or had little to do with, even on a day that is devoted to our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. And he is constantly attacking people. And yet, one of his biggest supporters, evangelicals, are still strongly supporting him, even though he is a known groper, and an adulterer.

It's also hard to respect them when they continue to support him because they think that they will get something out of his over the moon promises, unless you are a Christian, who loves activist conservatives justices who pander to that religion, and corporations, or if you are a white nationalist, or anti-SJW, who loves his draconian immigration policies, and his fuck you attitude towards women, non-Christians, and just about anyone else who doesn't fit into that strained view of the world.

If you voted for him because of economic opportunities, then you are pretty much screwed, because his tax cuts didn't really benefit the average person, unless you are rich, a banker, a realtor, or a foreign investors. He didn't address the rising health costs, but made money wasting health plans that don't cover shit. He soften his approach on the trade war, which are still expected to raise agriculture prices, and manufacturing goods. He 's easing environmental rules on corporations, and selling off public lands to wealthy people, who are going to either build or make it private property, affecting cattle ranchers, leading to increase beef costs. He's putting billions of tax payer dollars back into bailing out coal, which benefit coal owners, but not workers, as coal, despite the administration's attempt, is not coming back. He's seizing private property through eminent domain for pipelines from Canada, which are not going to be built by American workers, and the oil from it will be exported to other countries - while leaving the cost of oil spill to the American people.

So, I don't think much people have much respect for Trump supporters, for the obvious reasons that they are easily misled, and taken advantage of, over optics, and are willing to defend his terrible behavior on a daily basis. It's one thing for politicians to be self serving, lying, authoritative, but trump is on a whole new level, where any other presidents would already be impeached for a fraction of the thing he has done. Personally, I think it's pure pettiness, and pride, that led people to vote for him, culture and the fear of change, and being perceived as the bad guy, which is what drove the average Trump supporter to support him, which is the most dumbest of reasons to support someone. So, I have zero respect for Trump supporters. I may have family who support them, and I will always love them,but Iwon't respect their decision to vote for the guy.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 16:25:24

At 5/30/18 02:35 PM, Sause wrote:
At 5/30/18 11:45 AM, EdyKel wrote: It's kinda hard to take them serious when they are always defending him,
I don't see it as they defend him no matter what. You can't "support" 100% of the actions of somebody.

To use a similie, he is like your good-for-nothing brother who is the town drunk, knocked up the minister's daughter, and has the local goons knocking on the door for gambling debts. You don't like those aspects of your brother, but you still love your brother darnit.

But he's not. He's a politician, and the president of this country, who who will say just about anything to get you to continue to support him, while constantly insulting/attacking people (like a troll with mod powers), making excuses for failures and coruption, tearing the country apart with his divisive nature of pandering to far right ideas and the anti-sjw crowd, while also further undermining our democratic institution for his own benefit.

If I had a brother with a lot of problems, I would still care for the guy, but I won't enable him to make things worse for himself and others. I would give him the tough love approach. He has to prove to me that he is able to take responsibility for his actions, not make excuses, if he want me to support him financially, or in other ways. Otherwise, it's all just going to waste, without him changing, just continuing a never ending cycle, till he destroy himself or others.

Here's a better simile, it's like how Americans feel about the military. We don't like the never-ending foreign wars, bloated budget and incompetent leadership. But every major military holiday, of which we have many in this country, the flags are never higher, and only the red-as-blood commie doesn't salute the flag that day and shed a tear for our men and women in the armed forces.

If you want to say you support him because you thought he would shake things up, I can accept that. But don't defend him for things he clearly doesn't do. Don't defend a hollow image, based on what you want to see about him. All Trump has done is sold you an expensive image.

It may not seem like it, but we are still, technically, in one of these unending wars in Iraq and Syria. He hasn't withdrawn our forces from those places, because of ISIS, and other reasons. Troop levels are still at the same levels as they were at the end of the Obama administration. And Trump has bloated our defense spending levels as if we were in another World War, with no one quite sure what or who we are fighting, or defending ourselves from (the world?), that requires 10X the amount of any other country spends on their military. Is that something to be proud of?

As for patriotism... There is nothing wrong with that (and I also strongly believe in it), but it's often a convenient political tool to get people to blindly follow you. Trump has never served in the military - he actually got deferments so he could stay out of Vietnam. He's never been much about America first in most of his life, hiring immigrants to wok on his building or at his resorts, having most of brand name products made in other countries, and getting loans from foreign countries to finance his projects in other foreign countries. And more recently, he made memorial day about him, celebrating his perceived accomplishments.

Has he really done anything to place America first? He's defining who Americans are, yes, but he hasn't brought back jobs from foreign countries with either his rhetoric or his tax cuts, or led to higher paying jobs. And why would he when he crows about how low the unemployment rate is, and how well the stock market is doing, even though the rise in the average workers wage would just lead to the rise in inflation, and more of a reason not to rock the boat. What has he actually done that is worthy of continued support? To make you feel special, just to get you to support him for a short time, when he will just leave you, with him being richer than before he took office? I can not follow your reasoning over this, unless image is all you care about.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 17:00:25

It’s hard to have sympathy for Trump supporters, but I draw a distinction between those who voted for Trump as a throwaway vote, or was too naive/ignorant enough to believe that Trump was going to cater to Middle America, and the Trump fanboys, particularly the evangelicals, white supremacists and hardline corporatists who felt threatened by progressive movements and cultural diversity.

In the former case, it’s a case of caveat emptor and be careful what your wish for. The one thing that Trump did that Hillary couldn’t do was to win over Joe six-pack in swing states in the Midwest and Florida, basically a mix of common man rhetoric and the media declaring Hillary the winner by default. I’m sure that most of these people aren’t racist/sexist, but did feel like the Democrats left them behind the last decade or so, and Trump took advantage of their naïveté.

The latter on the other hand gets no sympathy, because they are not only hypocritical on many different levels, but they relish in fighting dirty and bullying to get what they want, regardless of the consequences. With corporatists and white supremacists, it’s quite obvious what they want, but evangelicals knew what kind of person Trump is, but either didn’t care or embraced his rhetoric and how poisonous their ideology really in spite of Trump’s moral failures. From a political and ideological standpoint, evangelicals who actively promote whitewashing, homogeneity and ignorance are extremely toxic and so out-of-touch with modern society, it’s no wonder why they’re viewed with disdain from everyone else.

Bottom line is, you don’t get respect if you represent someone who blatantly disrespects others and makes people who don’t fit in as a target for discrimination and mockery, even when the tide of history is against them.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 18:13:12

At 5/29/18 08:22 PM, sung47sung wrote: ‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/want-respect-trump-supporters-whine-everyone-mocks-pity-soaked-npr-interview/

Trump is just hatred and violence, and they want people to respect them! I think causing millions of people to be homeless and causing even worse/more racial tension in the South is good enough to show that people that voted for you are not to be trusted.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 19:28:22

At 5/29/18 08:22 PM, sung47sung wrote: ‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview

You're getting that from a highly liberal site! So, why not investigate on other sites like Fox News?

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 20:49:47

At 5/30/18 07:28 PM, LunacyOfficial wrote:
At 5/29/18 08:22 PM, sung47sung wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/want-respect-trump-supporters-whine-everyone-mocks-pity-soaked-npr-interview/
You're getting that from a highly liberal site! So, why not investigate on other sites like Fox News?

It's hard to tell who is ass kissing who with Fox News - or tell them apart.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-30 23:18:20

this thread has literally been a cattle call.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-31 11:19:00

lol he even said he's not a politician, but a businessman. the only good thing he can do for this country is make the economy better...not like it wasn't getting better already

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-31 12:25:17

lol some people never seem to learn from the past..on both sides

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-31 12:33:07

At 5/31/18 11:19 AM, Aethelfeld wrote: lol he even said he's not a politician, but a businessman. the only good thing he can do for this country is make the economy better...not like it wasn't getting better already

Running a country is quite different from running a business, though. That includes economic decisions.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-31 17:58:21

Trump will soon regret his sanction-like tariffs. They won't work in the long run. Other countries are already imposing tariffs on us, while they trade with each other in fairer ways.

At 5/31/18 06:58 PM, NEWMAKER wrote:

You do realize it's posts like this that put trump into office? You're just proving their point!

And you do realize that the conservative media, which dominates the airways, and even Cable News, have been doing the same thing to liberals and progressives. The fact is, trump Supporters are just thinned skinned, and are easily manipulated by their emotions, to vote for a Thin skinned, egotistical, narcissist, who bates them with nationalism, and culture, and doesn't give them anything that is tangible, and profitable, unless you are Christian and rich, and thin skinned.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-05-31 19:55:54

At 5/31/18 07:23 PM, NEWMAKER wrote: So you stoop to the medias level? That makes you just as bad as they are.

I've come across people who whine about others not being civil to each other... I find that they are the first to be offensive, and the first to be offended. They are the first to point out how offensive someone is when they don't like that person, while being the last to point out how offensive someone they like is - like the right pointing out how offensive Samantha BEE is, while staying quite about how offensive Trump is on a weekly basis. Part of the problem is that people accept shit about others because they think it's obvious and normal, when it's not, but have a hard time accepting it about themselves and things they like.

Now, I've been called a racist (by both white and black), a Nazi, Anti-Semitic, gay hating, commie, anti-Christian, Islamophobic.... and the list goes on, mostly for either not supporting certain policies, or laws, or even politicians. I don't give a shit, and just shrug it off, because this is the Internet, and people are emotional creatures, because of politicians, and even certain media personalities, riling people up, making them either to self conscious about what another side might have said about them, even if it's bringing up a basic history lessons about a certain race or religion, and unplesantries that go along with them, or something they just don't like and want to get away with insulting while playing the victim card when it's aimed, or when they think it's aimed at them.

Currently, I find the anti PC people the most interesting at the moment. They, by and large, are TRump's biggest supporters, because they don't like the fact that you can't make racial, gender, or religious, inaccuracies, when talking about non-white, non-Christina, non-male, jokes, and disparaging remarks, while being offended by the same stuff. They are a walking contradiction, who want everything their way, while whining about what they think others can get way with. Spoiled, and childish, they are. And this is how thing just are, everyone is offended, even if it's not intentional, when both sides claiming they should be.

So, if you think I'm just as bad, because you were offended by the article, then either you are a hypocrite, or you spend your entire time going after everyone on both political side, the media, politicians, and every time you enter a chat board. So, which are?

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-01 10:45:52

At 5/30/18 12:11 AM, Gario wrote:

Do you respect women?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

At 6/1/18 10:45 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 5/30/18 12:11 AM, Gario wrote:
Do you respect women?

Yes, I respect women and their boundaries as best as I can all things beung equal, as I hope you do as well.

By the way, if you're not smart enough to understand, "Please don't treat me as an object just because I'm a woman" isn't the same as "Treat my opinions as equal to yours despite causing you misery and grief". If you're not stupid, then equivocation on the term "Respect" doesn't show you're arguing in good faith, here.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

I am pro Trump, i was since 2016 but i don't expect respect. I just believe they are the better of two evils at the moment. Left wing i feel are willing to sell out humanism for islamic religious lack of it, profit, money and virtues on false premises. I know neo marxism is important to them, but i am gonna go with Trump team for now unless they reform to stop trade deals with countries lack of humanism. I mean i wish Trump would just stop trades with Iran and Saudi Arabia honestly if someone can convince him because i dont think left is gonna go to that level, so protectionism is the next best answer for now compared to neo marxist globalist trade deals

So yeah, i am a follower of Sargon of Akkad, i like the way the guy thinks!

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-03 12:16:22

At 6/2/18 11:05 AM, Crono321 wrote: I mean i wish Trump would just stop trades with Iran and Saudi Arabia honestly if someone can convince him because i dont think left is gonna go to that level...

Hey, if that's your only important criteria, I'll put up some options: Trump will likely cut trade with Iran, but he is extremely personally invested with Saudi Arabia. Neoliberals will probably try to do business with both so I won't even try to get you to support people in that camp, but good ol' Progressives often want to withdraw as much support from Saudi Arabia as possible, considering their level of human rights abuses. They'd leave Iran alone, but that's the trade-off there. Not much hate for Muslims on this side, but Progressives do lean towards taking away support from countries that abuse the human rights of their citizens.

Not even lookin' for a reply, but give that some thought sometime.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-03 13:23:45

At 6/3/18 12:16 PM, Gario wrote:
At 6/2/18 11:05 AM, Crono321 wrote: I mean i wish Trump would just stop trades with Iran and Saudi Arabia honestly if someone can convince him because i dont think left is gonna go to that level...
Hey, if that's your only important criteria, I'll put up some options: Trump will likely cut trade with Iran, but he is extremely personally invested with Saudi Arabia. Neoliberals will probably try to do business with both so I won't even try to get you to support people in that camp, but good ol' Progressives often want to withdraw as much support from Saudi Arabia as possible, considering their level of human rights abuses. They'd leave Iran alone, but that's the trade-off there. Not much hate for Muslims on this side, but Progressives do lean towards taking away support from countries that abuse the human rights of their citizens.

Not even lookin' for a reply, but give that some thought sometime.

Seems reasonable enough. What i dont like left is they want big government, which will lead to hate speech laws which i am not for since i like that there is open market for opinions, with smaller government it is the people who have the rights with guns (though i hate guns) but i see the argument of very very liberal free speech in compared to European countries where its the elites who control the most and free speech is in a shatter of rules. If they break something like that in USA the people with guns can just rebel with guns.

But if you mean progressives if they follow the model of not being anti smaller government, i would vote for them if that was true.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-03 13:29:13

At the risk of going off topic (but for the sake of talking kindly with a Trump supporter, so... kind of relevant), small government can mean a lot of things, here. If we're talking about being the biggest spenders, since Republicans tend to cause very large deficits with their budgets while Democrats keep that spending in check, one could argue that Republicans tend to have bigger and/or more unsustainable governments than Democrats. The difference is that they just use that money for overly large military budgets and rebates for the very wealthy, and pull their income from the poor and middle class more than Democrats do. Neoliberals are marginally better in that regard, and Progressives would propose cutting those rebates on the rich and decrease military involvement internationally, thus increasing revenue and saving hundreds of billions a year.

On those savings comes more social programs, sure (which is bigger government in some areas, I won't sugar coat that), but overall it does mean a MUCH smaller government in other areas to make up for that. Progressives are smaller government compared to Republicans when it comes to bloating the military budget and using government income to create social programs only the very wealthy can benefit from.

Also, Progressives don't push for attorney generals and other appointments that want to criminalize weed, homosexuality and other things that people should have the right to, so that's a plus. On these grounds Progressives are second only to Libertarians, and it's a damn close second, at that.

Keeping it on topic, if these are convos Mr. 45 supporters are willing to have I'm not going to turn them down on principle, at least.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-03 14:58:18

Fair enough arguments. I still am more worried on repression on free speech but i see what you mean. Though military spending is more a way of USA to keep world through peace through strength if not other authoritarian undemocratic nation may exploit it to its benefit. Though i see the arguments.

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-04 01:29:42

we get it. you don't like trump. :/

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-04 09:34:07

OP is literally why Trump got elected. And why despite not really caring for him, I'm glad AF that he got elected.

First off Hillary did not lose due to sexism. But if she'd won it would have been due to sexism.

Secondly, SJW's and liberals in general are vapid. Purely emotion and rhetoric driven sheep that latch onto trends like children and then never let go out of numale and feminine pride.

I don't super identify with the right. But when presented with the left and right.... boy oh boy is the right an obvious choice for anyone who cares about facts, evidence, and what's true. Though they'd shy from the right if given the option since it too carries its bevy of anti-intellectual and anti-scientific baggage. Just not nearly to the extent that the left do.

There's a somewhat prevalent disdain with the modern millennial. I find that most of this stems from their widespread affiliation with the left and the associated cringey persona.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Trump's supporters want respect 2018-06-04 13:40:58

At 6/4/18 09:34 AM, sharpnova wrote: Secondly, SJW's and liberals in general are vapid. Purely emotion and rhetoric driven sheep that latch onto trends like children and then never let go out of numale and feminine pride.

do you... interact with people at all? did you know that you aren't the only person who is, ya know, an individual? it's not a good idea to typecast such a large group of people, because people actually vary quite a lot... from person to person. do you only hang out with people who think exactly like you? i can see why you're happy Trump was elected.

when presented with the left and right.... boy oh boy is the right an obvious choice for anyone who cares about facts, evidence, and what's true.

again, i question the diversity of the information you receive day-to-day. this sentence made me want to barf, particularly thinking of Fox News and their newsblock dedicated to Barack and Michelle Obama's "terrorist fist bump", but i'll just say that both sides lie and both sides tell the truth. saying something like "liberals always lie and conservatives always tell the truth", which is the gist of your post, is the definition of narrow-minded. but, it's not like this post of mine will convince you to look at both sides, because you enjoy the conflict and the toxicity, which, again, makes it clear why you like that Trump was elected.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

If trump supporters want respect then they need to hold Trump to the same high standards as other Presidents.