00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need help animating

437 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need help animating 2018-05-17 23:54:11

I am an aspiring animator, but I have no idea where to start. I was wondering if anyone knew of a free online class or helpfl web series. Thank you.

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-18 09:58:43

At 5/17/18 11:54 PM, LCostello wrote: I am an aspiring animator, but I have no idea where to start. I was wondering if anyone knew of a free online class or helpfl web series. Thank you.

What are you trying to animate?

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-19 17:38:59

At 5/18/18 09:58 AM, gritgrinder wrote:
At 5/17/18 11:54 PM, LCostello wrote: I am an aspiring animator, but I have no idea where to start. I was wondering if anyone knew of a free online class or helpfl web series. Thank you.
What are you trying to animate?

I want to get into 2d animation, I want to create an animation i can put on my college application.

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-21 11:53:52

It's too early to be watching tutorials and absorbing materials.
They can easily overwhelm you and as a result, you might end up doing nothing at all.
So I suggest to start off simple first by taking action.

Draw a simple character in one pose,
then the same character in another pose.
Afterwards, try to connect the two poses by drawing poses in-between the two.

Do that, post it here, and we'll give you feedback on it.
Good luck!

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-22 14:01:24

The only type of toturial I ever watched was how the software I used worked.
Otherwise I just played arround by drawing on my computer for a couple years until I felt confident enough to share my work with the world. Try to just experiment and develop a technique that fits you.

BBS Signature

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-22 14:39:24

Agree, make a 2d ball bounce and you will learn the most important part: are you actually cut for animation?

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-22 14:55:55

Adam Becker did a lot of different animation. It is based on flash but he also explains different principals and shows how to make the animation more fluid, etc.Here's a link!

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-23 00:22:50

Im an aspiring animator too, To be honest I never thought I would start animating until later but now I already uploaded 3 animations, They may not be good animations but at least Im trying and getting better. Try getting fire alpaca for easy animation layout (its free) And there is a video to teach you animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpN5QD9aM4g

Enjoy man

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-23 11:08:32

At 5/23/18 12:22 AM, TheMightyWeakling wrote:
Im an aspiring animator too, To be honest I never thought I would start animating until later but now I already uploaded 3 animations, They may not be good animations but at least Im trying and getting better. Try getting fire alpaca for easy animation layout (its free) And there is a video to teach you animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpN5QD9aM4g

Enjoy man

Thank you soooooooo much for suggesting firealpaca, no other free animation software comes close, I was using pencil 2d and it practically looked like pixel art.

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-23 13:45:43

Thank you soooooooo much for suggesting firealpaca, no other free animation software comes close, I was using pencil 2d and it practically looked like pixel art.

Hey no problem, just figured it would be a great way to get your foot in the door

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-23 16:20:24

Uhmm... Animating in FireAlpaca is very limited, because it uses layers to animate, instead of a proper timeline. You really want the timeline and the layers to be separate in order to work efficiently

If you are looking for something free and more capable than FireAlpaca try either Krita or OpenToonz (or both!). Both are open source and free. Krita is pretty simple, and an immediate upgrade from FireAlpaca.
www.krita.org

And no advertisements either when starting the apps (unlike FireAlpaca) ...

Check out this animation done in Krita:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOTY_421Qcg

Response to I need help animating 2018-05-24 19:04:24

At 5/23/18 04:20 PM, hvanderwegen wrote: Uhmm... Animating in FireAlpaca is very limited, because it uses layers to animate, instead of a proper timeline. You really want the timeline and the layers to be separate in order to work efficiently

If you are looking for something free and more capable than FireAlpaca try either Krita or OpenToonz (or both!). Both are open source and free. Krita is pretty simple, and an immediate upgrade from FireAlpaca.

Very true Firealpaca is very limited but I think its a good place to start learning how to manipulate motion or improve drawing