New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheWordWizard
TheWordWizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
almost died making this album 2018-05-12 03:06:48 Reply

Hi, I'm TheWordWizard and I have a reputation that cancels itself out usually, so that's irrelevant, hi, hows it going?

This is a 6 track album I made that took me through the deep end of mental problems that I have, then out again. It was scary for me, but totally worth it.

(copy this link into address bar as the dropdown menu plays tracks in random order): https://soundcloud.com/ogrish101/sets/where-am-i-going

I'll explain each tracks purpose in detail:

Album name: Where Am I Going?

'Beyond Fear?' - In this track I try to explore negative feelings as positive as possible, becoming darker towards the end.

'The Confessional' - The purpose of this track was just the last few words I said into the mic before it ends, as I used the vocal suggestion to lead into the riff of the next track. There is also wordplay and allusion of themes.

'Just Another Angle' - I take the vocal suggestion from the end of the previous track and relate it into chords, which I juxtapose with contrasting (evil sounding) riffs, and then do some tricky stuff at the end that defies explanation.

'Passing The Grin' - As these tracks each follow chronologically from each other, the trick in the previous track lands me in a very deep space for my music making. This song made me physically and mentally ill afterwards, due to the technique i use based on energy... call me 'creative'. I had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to pull this out of my ass, and it worked. It's dark and cool. The trick I use at the end completely changes the perspective of the intent of the song.

'Wrong Way Go Back'- This was made in a drug-fuelled frenzy, and appears to be about murder. But not of the audience, you are clapping in it. Nice.
After I get this out of my system the next song is quite a treat, personally speaking.

'Dragging You Down'- The title is a reference to my issues before getting certain problems off my chest in the previous tracks. It is also a reference to the extremely heavy acid bassline. It is a cynical and celebratory track with snark and timelessness.

Please call me an idiot if you feel like it, or tell me I'm wrong about my music. I'd love to hear. Thanks!

almost died making this album

I lose all my friends in this album. It's my best yet.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/ogrish101/sets/random-adventure

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to almost died making this album 2018-05-12 05:57:39 Reply

In my opinion It's pretty cool. My best pick is "Passing the Grin". It's a very complicated album with good mixing, interesting techniques and sometimes absurd progressions.

maybe sort out your personal life?

BBS Signature
TheWordWizard
TheWordWizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to almost died making this album 2018-05-12 06:38:00 Reply

At 5/12/18 05:57 AM, Cabbster wrote: In my opinion It's pretty cool. My best pick is "Passing the Grin". It's a very complicated album with good mixing, interesting techniques and sometimes absurd progressions.

maybe sort out your personal life?

Thanks. Lots of drugs were involved.

Absurd!! Haha of course... I am depleted however, my ability to make music is at 1% at the moment, tried something but nope.

I lose all my friends in this album. It's my best yet.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/ogrish101/sets/random-adventure