00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18

3,015 Views | 78 Replies

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-28 20:24:31

This is not a spoiler.

I saw Avengers Infinity War last night, and I was really surprised by how great it was. The high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes were correct.

My only problem with it is having to wait so long until the next one.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-29 21:19:07

At 4/29/18 10:11 AM, RightTime wrote: Having seen it I wish they would have split it into two movies. It was good, but would have been better if they didn't have to smush so many plot points and characters into one movie. Instead of one two and a half hour movie they could have easily spread it into two two hour movies and had a lot more character development. Plus, the revenue from two movies would certainly beat one.

Making this film into two different movies would of caused three of four movies over all. That might of been too many and stretched two thin for the fans to enjoy. They did a good job introducing many Superheroes meeting up and new plot points.

Infinity War is the best Super Hero movie that In have seen in a long time.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-29 23:02:20

Saw it last night. Hate the front seats... But I can't believe Squidward fucking dies.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-29 23:22:24

I will but probably when its a rental.

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 00:10:17

At 4/29/18 04:01 PM, Zymbot wrote: There's only one post-Infinity War part 1 question that really matters.
Did Howard the Duck die in Thanos's culling, or was he spared?
The world must know.

That is a question for only diehard old school Marvel Comics fan. Howard might of escaped and be getting ready for the remake of his original film.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 01:10:46

The ending left me in disbelief, of course I won't spoil it (because that would be a dickish move), but trust me the ending will piss you off.... :(

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 03:56:17

DCEU > MCU

That is all

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 09:45:06

At 4/28/18 12:57 AM, Sekhem wrote: universal usually gives me tickets to things like jurassic park and pacific rim, but it just depends on how big of a push they give the film in taiwan

pacific rim uprising was a bad film

change my mind

At 4/26/18 08:00 AM, RudeBoyEEEE wrote: You lucky sonuvagun. Plus the logo looks even cooler in Japanese, even if I can't really read any of the Kanji!

i think thats chinese

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 17:23:00

At 4/30/18 01:10 AM, DoggoArTz wrote: The ending left me in disbelief, of course I won't spoil it (because that would be a dickish move), but trust me the ending will piss you off.... :(

The ending was controversial, but it did not ruin the amazing film at all. Thank you for not spoiling anything.

Are you going to see it a second time next weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 17:58:11

I'm holding back on watching it because I haven't seen like, half a dozen of the previous films, most notably Guardians of the Galaxy. So yeah, watching Infinity War would leave me a bit confused for half the people in it.

Also saw some of the pictures of the film, and damn, Captain 'Murica looks so different

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 18:22:29

At 4/30/18 05:58 PM, LiterallyGarbage wrote: I'm holding back on watching it because I haven't seen like, half a dozen of the previous films, most notably Guardians of the Galaxy. So yeah, watching Infinity War would leave me a bit confused for half the people in it.

Also saw some of the pictures of the film, and damn, Captain 'Murica looks so different

yeah man, you better catch up or you'll be watchin something similar to Inception.

it'll be so worth it, THE MOVIE WAS SIK

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-04-30 23:22:44

At 4/30/18 05:58 PM, LiterallyGarbage wrote: I'm holding back on watching it because I haven't seen like, half a dozen of the previous films, most notably Guardians of the Galaxy. So yeah, watching Infinity War would leave me a bit confused for half the people in it.

You should try to catch up this week, so you can watch Infinity War in the theater next weekend.

Captain America is ready for war, and this is not his first war.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-01 12:35:12

At 4/26/18 08:00 AM, RudeBoyEEEE wrote: You lucky sonuvagun. Plus the logo looks even cooler in Japanese, even if I can't really read any of the Kanji!
i think thats chinese

Ah, it could be, actually. I thought I recognized the Kanji as Japanese writing, but I forgot that Kanji is also in Chinese writing. My bad!

Signature art by Johnsmith0791, put together by solitonmedic.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-01 19:04:32

At 4/30/18 06:22 PM, Comet-Comics wrote: yeah man, you better catch up or you'll be watchin something similar to Inception.

This film is way better than Inception with all the wacky dream stuff.

It was amazing, and you have to see it at least twice to catch all of the hidden things.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-01 23:02:24

This film is way better than Inception with all the wacky dream stuff.

It was amazing, and you have to see it at least twice to catch all of the hidden things.

ikr?!!?
i was just using inception as an example of what it'd be like to watch IW without watching any other previous MCU movies.

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-02 01:08:09

At 5/1/18 11:02 PM, Comet-Comics wrote:
ikr?!!?
i was just using inception as an example of what it'd be like to watch IW without watching any other previous MCU movies.

I understand what you mean. There have been ten years of quality Marvel movies. Infinity War is the best movie of all of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 14:52:12

Saw it last thursday. Really enjoyed it, and I'm more impressed the more I think back on it. I went in with low expectations but they pulled it off.

This film also cements Thor as the best character in the current lineup after Ragnarok masterfully reinvented him.

At 4/27/18 09:46 PM, Zymbot wrote: I really liked Ebony Maw in this. Easily the most interesting Thanos henchman.

Played by none other than irish TV actor Tom Vaughan-Lawlor! ...for some reason. I didn't even know he had a name, I've been referring to him as Space Voldemort.

At 4/30/18 03:56 AM, Username3456 wrote: DCEU > MCU

Tbh this film even does dark and gritty better than any of DC's attempts while still being funny and entertaining. The DCEU has so thoroughly failed at everything it's attempted. What a waste.

I'd say the absolute most essential ones for following this would be Age of Ultron, Civil War and Thor Ragnarok (in that order). Ultron is often considered one of the worse films in the series though.

Second in importance would be Doctor Strange, Spider-Man Homecoming and GotG 1 and/or 2. Black Panther is inconsequential and everything else older than Ultron probably isn't too important.

He dropped the Captain title in one of the other films, hence the lack of shield and star on his chest. He's technically Nomad now, going by the comics, but the film just calls him Steve Rogers.

At 4/23/18 03:50 PM, Sekhem wrote: translation, localization, and some PR stuff (avengers station/cons etc) for beast kingdom/hot toys/square enix (play arts - not video game division) in taiwan

Neat. I have a hot toys Captain America, would any of the text on the box/instructions or whatever be your doing?

Pic is my current arbitrary ranking. I'm missing GotG2, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Thor 2. I fully recognize The First Avenger probably shouldn't be #1 but I have a biased attachment to it.

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 14:56:45

Can't believe they robbed Thanos of his true motivation; wiping out half of all life to show off to the girl he has a crush on.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 15:00:01

Here's my more spoilery thoughts on it.

-I appreciate the maximalist, all-climax approach. This movie has no brakes. We already know all these characters, this is a full-on celebration of the MCU with no interest in pandering to new viewers. This is the payoff for those who stuck around. Just like actual comic book crossover events, this is one for the fans.

-I'm more attached to these characters than I realized, I guess I didn't know who I'd miss until they're up on the chopping block. They establish the stakes right off the bat, and for the first time in this entire series there's a real, constant threat of death throughout.

-This is Thanos' film first and foremost. He's the one with the most cohesive arc, the personal sacrifice, the happy ending and the credit hook ('Thanos will return'). I went in with no interest in Thanos himself, but god damn they really sold me on the personal turmoil of this big purple dude.

-Granted, a lot of my respect for this film hinges on how hard they hit ctrl + z in the next one and how it's handled, but I don't think it's half a movie or unfulfilling because of where it ends. A film can end on a low note and still feel like a full, cohesive installment. Judge it by what they did, not what they might do next.

-I shall weep forever at Valkyrie and more importantly Korg presumably getting killed off-screen.

-My boy Cap kinda gets the shaft in terms of screentime. Hopefully that's redeemed in the next one. His moment when he takes on Thanos his own was great, but should've been much more.

At 4/29/18 10:11 AM, RightTime wrote: Having seen it I wish they would have split it into two movies. It was good, but would have been better if they didn't have to smush so many plot points and characters into one movie.

I don't agree tbh, I think a lot of its strength comes from how air-tight the pacing is which is a direct result of having to carefully juggle so many characters. To me it never felt muddled or convoluted, because all of these characters are firmly established elsewhere in advance. It fully embraces being a huge climactic crossover event and they don't waste any time giving us old information or slowing things down incase you missed a film. This film is exactly what it should have been, imo.

Also, it's tragic that pic related never happened. I was waiting for it, they were standing right next to eachother for half the film.

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 15:00:57

At 5/3/18 02:56 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Can't believe they robbed Thanos of his true motivation; wiping out half of all life to show off to the girl he has a crush on.

This has its appeal but what they went with was less silly and more sympathetic, imo.

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 15:21:01

At 5/3/18 03:00 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/3/18 02:56 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Can't believe they robbed Thanos of his true motivation; wiping out half of all life to show off to the girl he has a crush on.
This has its appeal but what they went with was less silly and more sympathetic, imo.

An all powerful being with the same motivation as a horny teenager doing BMX tricks to impress the cool girls is amazing. I love it so much.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-03 18:46:34

At 5/3/18 02:52 PM, Jackho wrote: Saw it last thursday. Really enjoyed it, and I'm more impressed the more I think back on it. I went in with low expectations but they pulled it off.

I was telling everybody how great it would be. Glad that you agree with me.

This film also cements Thor as the best character in the current lineup after Ragnarok masterfully reinvented him.

Yes, Thor is awesome, and it is hard to find a better Super hero.

Tbh this film even does dark and gritty better than any of DC's attempts while still being funny and entertaining. The DCEU has so thoroughly failed at everything it's attempted. What a waste.

DC has really failed at making comic movies for years. Marvel has made amazing Super Hero movies for ten years.

BBS Signature

At 5/6/18 03:34 PM, IVOanimations wrote: I saw the scene where everyone dies especially spider-man, that is so depressing, but i love the movie.

What are you talking about? Spidey's fine, here's some proof.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-07 00:23:26

At 5/5/18 10:54 AM, Zymbot wrote: I hope the Thanoscopter appears in part 2.

He even took the time to have his name put on it.

That could make a really funny Easter Egg in part 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-07 11:55:52

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

‘Infinity War’ Is Second-Fastest Pic To $400M With Second-Best 2nd Weekend Ever, Now Back At $115M+

Avengers Infinity War is number one at the box office again this weekend. It has become the most popular Super hero movie of all time. I am going to see it for the third time this weekend. How many times have you seen it?

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-08 00:04:11

Saw this during a rest day on my climbing trip and I honestly couldn't stand it. It was entertaining, sure, but there was no substance at all. I left the theater wondering how anyone could possibly enjoy a movie with such little meaning or character depth in it.

Thankfully I came home, watched Logan and instantly fell in love with it, so I don't completely hate Marvel right now.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-08 00:51:38

At 5/6/18 11:33 AM, RightTime wrote: In case it wasn't obvious, Infinity War has already made a ton of money and has already passed the $1 billion mark. However it still has to make over $500 million to beat the total for the original Avengers and over $1 billion to beat the totals for The Force Awakens and that doesn't even factor in inflation.

I can understand comparing it to Avengers, but why The Force Awakens?

I tend to think it will comfortably cross the $1.5 billion threshold, but $2 billion in questionable. Even then it will have to make it to $2.188 billion to beat record set by the Force Awakens.

It has been number one in the box office for two weeks, and has no signs of slowing down.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-10 01:05:19

At 5/8/18 12:09 PM, RightTime wrote:
At 5/8/18 12:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I can understand comparing it to Avengers, but why The Force Awakens?
Because it's probably going to beat the revenue for all the Marvel movies up to now. Once that happens we run out of apple to apple comparisons. The Force Awakens, while in a totally different genre, is both part of the same company (Disney) and part of an existing franchise.

That makes sense. Once it tops all the Marvel movies it will level up and try to top the Star wars films.

I tend to think it will comfortably cross the $1.5 billion threshold, but $2 billion in questionable. Even then it will have to make it to $2.188 billion to beat record set by the Force Awakens.
It has been number one in the box office for two weeks, and has no signs of slowing down.
Actually its daily and weekly gross revenue both domestically and internationally has been dropping in a pretty similar pattern to previous movies in the franchise like the original Avengers movie. If that pattern holds it should make more (though not much more) than the original Avengers movie in terms of total revenue.

Passing the firstl Avengers film would be amazing. It is not often that a sequel can top the original film.

Of course it only needs to make about $50 million a week to hold its place as the top movie at the box office, so as long as its weekly revenue doesn't drop below that number it could remain the #1 movie for a month or longer.

If it can be number one for a month, that would be an epic record to obtain.

I know that I will be seeing it again this weekend. I have seen it every weekend since it came out, and I still find it enjoyable and entertaining.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-12 15:39:22

saw it last week. kept waiting for things to turn out ok, they did not.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Avengers Infinity War 4/27/18 2018-05-13 02:53:33

At 5/12/18 03:39 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: saw it last week. kept waiting for things to turn out ok, they did not.

There is a reason for all of that. It could be a spoiler to tell why.

BBS Signature