00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What animation programs do you use?

10,528 Views | 117 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-02-09 20:08:31

I use ToonZoom :) I built it too...

Creator of ToonZoom/animate/

BBS Signature

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-02-10 21:14:41

I use flash although I usually make the art on paper especially recently.

BBS Signature

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-02-22 08:44:13

Flash 8 (mostly), Krita (rarely), Anime Studio 8 Pro (Older version of Moho that I got for Christmas. I barely use it because it's so hard to draw in.), and sometimes Pencil2D. I want to get into using Pivot to have some fun with it, though, because it seems really simple and nice to play with.

Your Anomalocaris will Canadensis within 2 to 5 business days.

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-02-22 08:46:01

At 2/22/19 08:44 AM, Opabinia wrote: Flash 8 (mostly), Krita (rarely), Anime Studio 8 Pro (Older version of Moho that I got for Christmas. I barely use it because it's so hard to draw in.), and sometimes Pencil2D. I want to get into using Pivot to have some fun with it, though, because it seems really simple and nice to play with.

Ah, shoot, I accidentally replied twice - should have checked if I'd already posted here. My bad, sorry.

Your Anomalocaris will Canadensis within 2 to 5 business days.

I've made quite a bit of switches in the past few years.

When I quit animating with Flipnote Studio and began doing animations and art with Flash full-time, I switched from Macromedia Flash MX to Macromedia Flash Pro 8 and finally to Adobe Flash CS4.

I admit I haven't gotten a full cartoon done with CS4 yet (this latest one was made with 8 as a last project with it in a way), but it's very nifty for making art.

Non-Flash wise, I very occasionally animate on Flipnote Studio 3D.

"Because banks do not care. It's not their money."

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-03-09 04:44:11

Learning to animate in the newest version of photoshop. it works surprisingly well but I haven't tried to sync anything up with music yet so that probably has to be done in a different program

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-03-09 04:45:55

At 5/12/18 07:26 AM, Bill-son wrote: Well, I am a Stop Motion Animator so it's Stop Motion Studio.

How well does it work and what are the best reasons to use it? I've heard of it before but not much in the way of features or draw backs

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-03-15 16:45:54

Gotta rock with the movie plus starter edition of course.

iu_13612_6862514.gif

My banner, looks like the adult swim logo.

BBS Signature

. I am creating 3D background images for my 2d animation, because I am bad at perspective.

I used to do that too. But then I found out about Lazy Nezumi Pro, which in addition to smoothing has a wonderful perspective tool. Now I use Blender only for the more complex structures.

BBS Signature

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-03-18 12:32:26

At 3/17/19 12:31 AM, CzySzy wrote: I used to do that too. But then I found out about Lazy Nezumi Pro, which in addition to smoothing has a wonderful perspective tool. Now I use Blender only for the more complex structures.

Or draw your backgrounds in Krita, which has really nice perspective assistants.

https://docs.krita.org/fr/user_manual/painting_with_assistants.html

And free, unlike Lazy Nezumi. On the other hand, Nezumi works with all applications. Win some, lose some.

Krita perspective tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_JGs5o-bc

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-03-26 10:07:16

At 4/21/18 08:47 PM, SketchyAnt wrote: Hi!
Sort of new here. I used to be on this site years ago under a different name and since I have started work on a new project I thought I would come back to this website.

Coming back made me curious though because in the last year I have changed the animation program that I use. I used to use Flash/Animate but have moved to Toon Boom and am loving it so far.
So I guess my question is what animation programs do you use? Do most people here only use Flash or is there a wide variety of animation programs used by the users on this site?

I remember when I was using this site years ago most videos were made with Flash. It also made me curious; do people post videos on here that have been used by other programs like Toon Boom or TVPaint or any other animation program?

====>stop<====..Hi there...!i am ani …I've seen your request . I'm level 2 seller here and completed more than 200+ projects with 5 star review on fiverr with 3 years of experience in the animation field both the White Board and 2D animation. I checked the details of your project and found that i can do it efficiently. If you wanna see my portfolio, please watch videos on my Gig created for many clients. Also Check my Client's feedback for your satisfaction. Now I justzzzzzzzzzzz need you to contact back to proceed for your project by sharing details and get it done professionally

https://www.fiverr.com/anitaqueen1/create-whiteboard-animation-ads-promo-video-profile-cartoon

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-04-01 19:01:13

I use a combination of Opentoons, Adobe Aftereffects, and Adobe Flash for different projects. along with Photoshop and Medibang for drawing/painting

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-04-14 06:03:19

Toon Boon Harmony 16

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-04-20 09:39:10

I'm using FlipaClip on my very old tablet. Looking forward to use flash soon.

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-05-21 23:52:04

After Effects

Character Animator

Unity

Played with Stencil when I was younger.

BBS Signature

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-05-24 11:19:12

Sort of new here. I used to be on this site years ago under a different name and since I have started work on a new project I thought I would come back to this website.

Coming back made me curious though because in the last year I have changed the animation program that I use. I used to use Flash/Animate but have moved to Toon Boom and am loving it so far.
So I guess my question is what animation programs do you use? Do most people here only use Flash or is there a wide variety of animation programs used by the users on this site?

I remember when I was using this site years ago most videos were made with Flash. It also made me curious; do people post videos on here that have been used by other programs like Toon Boom or TVPaint or any other animation program?

I use Toon Boom Harmony myself and I think its great as well. A lot of professional animation studios use it as well so its definitely worth practicing on.

I've only used Flash once so its hard for me to compare the two.

1-Flash 8

2-Toon Boom Harmony

3- 3DS Max

4- Maya (Still learning this one)

PLZ FOLLOW --> Instagram | YouTube | Deviantart

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-06-01 01:23:17

I’m new to animation but I like toon boom it’s cheap and easy to use. I tried to use flash but I only had the free trial so I didn’t have a lot of time to try it

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-06-02 00:57:17

Adobe Flash for frame-by-frame, hand-drawn animation & Autodesk Maya for CGI things!

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-06-02 10:11:47

At 6/2/19 12:57 AM, artCore wrote: Adobe Flash for frame-by-frame, hand-drawn animation & Autodesk Maya for CGI things!

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-06-22 13:43:59

At 4/26/18 04:49 AM, Comet-Comics wrote: i uses krita
because..
i am unprofessional like that XD

I used krita for a little while but could only bear its interface for so long

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-06-22 13:46:34

Clip Studio because its price was reasonable enough that I felt good supporting them

Creative Cloud is BS imo idk if that's an unpopular opinion

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-08-18 16:22:52

i use firealpaca ^^; i dont rlly have the money for much else but opentoonz has been sitting in my desktop n gathering dust for years

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-08-23 21:29:37

At 4/25/18 06:45 AM, Alone-Saul wrote: Hey i use macromedia flash professional 8 you can get this version for free ! (legally)
i invite you to a discord server where you can get some help too ! https://discord.gg/uf8ncmQ

Ooh, I've been trying to get a working version of flash for free! When I downloaded one, it worked fine until I used my drawing pad, in which case it would scroll instead of draw and I completely gave up on it. If you could give me a link to a working version like yours, that'd be great!

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-08-23 21:31:18

At 4/26/18 04:49 AM, Comet-Comics wrote: i uses krita
because..
i am unprofessional like that XD

My computer can't even handle Krita. I used firealpaca to animate and then I tried to import it into Krita, but the whole program crashed.

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-08-30 20:49:41

Moho rocks....

New Outlet Animation

BBS Signature

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-09-04 22:05:11

TVpaint 11 (tho I didn't pay hundreds of dollars for it, if you catch my drift.) Doesn't take too long to get used to for your basic animating tools and I got really, really, really, really used to it. (Until the "version" I had mysteriously stopped working, an issue I'm sure is unrelated to legitimate copies of the program :P )

Since, I'm trying to adjust to Krita which is free, and it's working pretty OK - I like the system, just not used to the brushes available. I miss the old oil paint brush from TVpaint.

Response to What animation programs do you use? 2019-09-07 21:55:47

Blender