00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite month of the year?

1,160 Views | 36 Replies

Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 12:31:26

Which month is your favorite? Is it during the summer, winter, fall, or spring? Is it your birthday month?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 12:35:12

August probably. No birthdays or major holidays to drain the bank, not quite school panic time. Warm but not too hot.

Good campfire weather.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 13:17:29

At 4/14/18 12:35 PM, Peregrinus wrote: August probably. No birthdays or major holidays to drain the bank, not quite school panic time. Warm but not too hot.

Good campfire weather.

August is my birthday year. I like all weather/months in moderation, Regular cold in December is good as long as there is no wind. In Texas the weather is very random, so you never know.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 13:34:43

I dunno. I guess May cuz the snow's finally gone and it's not too hot or too cold like it is in summer and winter.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 14:32:02

Probably January because it is usually the coldest month. I like it when it is cold.
Summer can be exciting at times because of tropical cyclones, but their impacts are short-term.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 14:43:04

At 4/14/18 12:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Is it your birthday month?

Pretty much this.

Where I live it's usually summer-like on my birthday, and it's warm enough to go barefoot on Halloween (haven't trick-or-treated since 1997, but have gone on walks).

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 15:05:06

Gotta be July. Middle of summer. Vacation. Birthday. Best time of the year.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-14 20:11:12

i would say june, cuz is the month of my birth. but really, no, spring/fall are much nicer.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-15 02:47:54

At 4/14/18 12:32 PM, Zymbot wrote: October.

I love Halloween, Fall atmosphere, and weather.

We get PROPER Autumn up here in Michigan.

Halloween is a great holiday. Does it snow in Michigan?

At 4/14/18 12:35 PM, Peregrinus wrote: August probably. No birthdays or major holidays to drain the bank, not quite school panic time. Warm but not too hot.

Good campfire weather.

August seems like an odd month to like. Where do you live that has good campfire weather?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-15 02:56:28

Mercedonius.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-15 07:34:35

At 4/15/18 02:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: August seems like an odd month to like. Where do you live that has good campfire weather?

Ontario, right by Algonquin Provincial Park.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-15 09:12:14

December, purely based on the fact that I really like Christmas.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-15 16:46:23

At 4/14/18 01:17 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
August is my birthday year. I like all weather/months in moderation, Regular cold in December is good as long as there is no wind. In Texas the weather is very random, so you never know.

August is getting more votes than I thought it would. The competition is starting to heat up.

At 4/14/18 01:28 PM, NextBestThing wrote: June has Summer Vacation.

June has the end of school and the start of summer.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 12:55:17

All the spring months

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 14:32:00

At 4/14/18 01:34 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I dunno. I guess May cuz the snow's finally gone and it's not too hot or too cold like it is in summer and winter.

You are the first person to pick May. Is it your birthday month?

At 4/14/18 01:46 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: December.

More time off from work and school than any other month.

You do get plenty of time off with Winter Vacation, but it can be really could and snow. You need lots of warm clothes.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 14:49:13

At 4/16/18 02:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You are the first person to pick May. Is it your birthday month?

My birthday is in March.

BBS Signature

July seems to be my favourite moth of the year. It's always quiet during the summer and I'm getting some work done. It's the least stressful month for me.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 15:17:17

My favorite month is probably June, it's my birthday month and this year I get to go camping with some friends and go on a road trip to see Weird Al!

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 20:31:46

Probably June. Things don't pick up around here until the summer, but then it only takes a month for me to be bored with things not being boring.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 20:56:10

At 4/14/18 03:05 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Gotta be July. Middle of summer. Vacation. Birthday. Best time of the year.

I like July but I rather be in May or September just starting to get warm and still a little warm in the fall.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 21:52:23

At 4/14/18 12:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which month is your favorite? Is it during the summer, winter, fall, or spring? Is it your birthday month?

My favorite month is may

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-16 23:43:49

At 4/14/18 02:32 PM, Sobolev wrote: Probably January because it is usually the coldest month. I like it when it is cold.
Summer can be exciting at times because of tropical cyclones, but their impacts are short-term.

How cold does it get where you live? Isn't December colder than January?

At 4/14/18 02:43 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 4/14/18 12:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Is it your birthday month?
Pretty much this.

Where I live it's usually summer-like on my birthday, and it's warm enough to go barefoot on Halloween (haven't trick-or-treated since 1997, but have gone on walks).

I would figure most people would pick their birthday month.

How often do you walk around barefoot?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-17 02:10:07

At 4/16/18 11:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/14/18 02:32 PM, Sobolev wrote: Probably January because it is usually the coldest month. I like it when it is cold.
How cold does it get where you live? Isn't December colder than January?

Winter temperatures are around 10-20 degrees Celsius (50-70 degrees Fahrenheit). Sometimes it can be as low as 5 degrees Celsius outside urban areas.

Solar irradiance south of the Arctic circle reaches a minimum in December (on the winter solstice) so I can understand why some people think December should be colder than January.
January temperatures are typically lower in the Northern hemisphere because some other mechanisms come into play.
The Arctic does not see sunlight until March, so it is still cooling in January and February.
As the Arctic countinues to cool, the polar jet stream intensifies and this is a precursor to major arctic outbreak in January and February.
And alternative argument is that Arctic high pressure is normally the strongest in January so arctic air has more momentum to make its way to the south.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-17 02:34:37

At 4/16/18 11:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How often do you walk around barefoot?

Always when I'm at home.

And I used to go on barefoot walks at my old place quite often - Even during wet, winter months.

Only done one around the lake this year.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-17 04:21:21

At 4/16/18 08:56 PM, five wrote: I like July but I rather be in May or September just starting to get warm and still a little warm in the fall.

Well it's just so many awesome things coincide in that one month. :) The weather otherwise... I think September might be a favorite. Clear skies, sometimes super warm and awesome autumn days. In May the snow still lingers though, and June/August are rainy and uncertain.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-17 20:14:00

At 4/14/18 03:05 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Gotta be July. Middle of summer. Vacation. Birthday. Best time of the year.

Summer Vacation is an awesome time, the fourth of July, and your birthday. July is a solid choice.

At 4/14/18 08:11 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: i would say june, cuz is the month of my birth. but really, no, spring/fall are much nicer.

Nothing wrong with picking the month of your birth. You are not a fan of Summer?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-19 21:15:29

At 4/17/18 08:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/14/18 08:11 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: i would say june, cuz is the month of my birth. but really, no, spring/fall are much nicer.
Nothing wrong with picking the month of your birth. You are not a fan of Summer?

it's too hot to do the numerous outdoor chores i tend to have, middle of the day is horrid.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-20 01:06:28

At 4/16/18 09:29 PM, ZachZenith wrote:
At 4/14/18 12:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which month is your favorite? Is it during the summer, winter, fall, or spring? Is it your birthday month?
december, but april's a close second

December has been picked often, people just love the cold.

At 4/16/18 11:59 PM, Quisty wrote: October. I fucking love Halloween

Halloween is an awesome holiday, plus the cold weather starts around that time.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-20 06:36:01

If i had to pick only one then it would definetely be friday, because it's my favourite month of the week.

Response to Favorite month of the year? 2018-04-20 15:44:59

At 4/17/18 02:34 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 4/16/18 11:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How often do you walk around barefoot?
Always when I'm at home.

And I used to go on barefoot walks at my old place quite often - Even during wet, winter months.

Only done one around the lake this year.

Being barefoot at home does not count, especially if you have carpet. Being barefoot outside, is where you can step in or on almost anything. It can be dangerous.

At 4/19/18 09:15 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 4/17/18 08:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
it's too hot to do the numerous outdoor chores i tend to have, middle of the day is horrid.

You don't know anything about outdoor heat until you live in Florida during the summer. It can reach over 100 degrees.

BBS Signature