00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Designs

608 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art Designs 2018-04-06 20:18:55

Hey, I’m JourneyJay.

I make music over at JourneyJaybeats.com

I’m looking to expand on my logo art show as seen in my youtube video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtNns6M7WU

I’ve collected many pieces of art to showcase alongside my music, and now I’m seeking more.

As an incentive, I would like to offer $20 to those I find to be the most amazing.

I would like some themed art, for example:

An animated version of me catching pokemon around the words JourneyJaybeats
A version of me as a ghost using music to hypnotize my zombie fans.
A transformer shooting the logo out of his cannon arm
The powerpuff girls jamming out to my beats on headphones. The logo being around them.
I would like the edges of the designs to be empty, so that the logos can be dropped onto plain backgrounds and still look nice.

I understand that your work is worth something, I am but a poor man trying to do something great. I’m offering this project in the hopes that many will find the opportunity to be labeled the best by me and accepting $20 as a novelty prize enough to give it a shot and make me a cool 4K design.

I would like at least ten contestants to make me designs.

I want the designs to be done in 3840 by 2160 pixels.

Response to Art Designs 2018-04-09 15:37:47

You're asking a lot for $20... Very insulting, for artists here. If you want a truly great design, don't try running a scammy contest like this, instead be realistic about what you want (1 drawing instead of 10), wait till you have more money to offer or offer something extra like credit on your songs, or the possibility of recurring work and reach out to only one artist. I can do this work for $20 even though I would charge $60, but you need to redeem yourself, right now this post doesn't seem like you're doing something great, it seems like you're trying to get 10 pieces of free art and just paying 1 person $20.

Figure out what you want to do, and where this request is coming from, and maybe I can help you.

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-25 21:43:19

You are the most disrepectful little shit on the face of this earth. Say no and stop being a little panzy ass.

lolwut you're a troll.

I've moved on to more spectacular work.

Why don't you go eat out some blufferb before I turn into a carnival ride and take you for a mother ducker spin riund to the amazing middle finger "break you a new one" crobats.

At 4/9/18 03:37 PM, Mabelma wrote: You're asking a lot for $20... Very insulting, for artists here. If you want a truly great design, don't try running a scammy contest like this, instead be realistic about what you want (1 drawing instead of 10), wait till you have more money to offer or offer something extra like credit on your songs, or the possibility of recurring work and reach out to only one artist. I can do this work for $20 even though I would charge $60, but you need to redeem yourself, right now this post doesn't seem like you're doing something great, it seems like you're trying to get 10 pieces of free art and just paying 1 person $20.

Figure out what you want to do, and where this request is coming from, and maybe I can help you.

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-25 21:56:12

Couldn't post the quote due to size limits.

You disrespectful little turds. Of all the things you could do, instead you gotta slander and defame the fuck outta everything that doesn't get your seal of approval. Suck on a fat monkey stick and don't forget to make it dream of seeing you again.

Imma shove one moth of a banger after another into your sorry, pathetic eyes and watch you melt into nothing but a worthless pile of crap.

Take a dinger and put it in your ringer.

trolls mad they could bargain a million bucks off me, you guys aren't worth the fucks I give.

one more fat little turd to shove in my mouth and I'm gonna die of pooptoxia.

Go live a life of bs you sickly maggots.

At 4/11/18 05:11 PM, CoolCatDaddio wrote:
At 4/9/18 03:37 PM, Mabelma wrote:

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-26 05:01:57 (edited 2018-06-26 05:04:36)

At 6/25/18 09:56 PM, JourneyJaybeats wrote: Suck on a fat monkey stick and don't forget to make it dream of seeing you again.

Well that's one way to handle things.

If they're really being disrespectful (which honestly I disagree since they hadn't come close to using the language you have), then why not just leave it be? You're not disproving anything; you're just throwing names around, and so there's no reason to come back other than to get the last word in. Funnily enough, @Mabelma was actually pretty rational in their first post towards you... yet they're the disrespectful one according to you? Even though you're the one throwing around petty insults out of frustration/anger?

If there was a single person willing to do this for you originally, you can bet that absolutely no one will want to work for you after they've seen how you react to criticism.

At 6/26/18 04:49 AM, CoolCatDaddio wrote:
Take a dinger and put it in your ringer.
that's pretty funny, im actually stealing this one into my new phrases

Never heard that one before, huh. Has a nice ring to it.
...Sorry, I had to.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-26 06:14:18

With $20, although not too likely, you could've got a decent enough result from some artiist desperate for money (ehm, ehm) but putting it up as a prize for a competition was probably unwise. That, and putting such specific requests, also makes it less appealing as an offer. You might've better benefited by presenting it in a different manner but again, you'd only get submissions with a quality on par with the price you want.

Sadly, you kind of blew your chances already there. It's a forum y'know... letting others know how crappy or awesome their ideas are is the whole point but being unnecessarily rude, no matter how hilarious, will get you nowhere.

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-26 14:40:47

What's a dinger? I'd like to get one, you know for my ringer. Hahahahaha

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-27 13:22:04 (edited 2018-06-27 13:28:26)

At 6/26/18 02:40 PM, Mabelma wrote: What's a dinger? I'd like to get one, you know for my ringer. Hahahahaha

omg you guys are so annoying.(but not this post. This, is great)

How do I delete a thread. I'm not doing this anymore I found work elsewhere.

appreciate the offer of being something amazing alongside an astounding collection of beats. None of you annoying dinglefloppers have a glimmer of business sense.

make it slashy and market the value to a niche and expensive market. Next thing you know you've got a few grand to give the one guy who sent you a pic.

bye bye flopperdoodles...

never heard of a pitch you worthless motherTrollers.

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-27 14:23:43 (edited 2018-06-27 14:25:20)

At 6/27/18 01:22 PM, JourneyJaybeats wrote:
None of you annoying dinglefloppers have a glimmer of business sense.

Hmmm...
"Imma shove one moth of a banger after another into your sorry, pathetic eyes and watch you melt into nothing but a worthless pile of crap."

If you really think that this is more professional than us calling you out, then good luck with that. You already have problems with Deviantart of all places (which was shown clear as day), so it's not just us. "If you smell shit everywhere you go, you want to look under your shoe."

Don't fling too many dingers off your ringer on your way out.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-27 18:41:04

@JourneyJaybeats

How can you expect people to take you seriously when you act like a child when people call you out on poor business ethics, when you resort to insulting people you aren't really gaining a victory either, you can't profit from a bad reputation, all you are doing is creating a bad name for yourself. I don't think you understand how business works, people come to those that give of an air of professionalism, that which you have yet to show.

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-28 19:28:59

You will all die sad singlefloppers.

Response to Art Designs 2018-06-28 21:09:55

At 6/28/18 07:28 PM, JourneyJaybeats wrote: You will all die sad singlefloppers.

So you're telling me that I can never in my life be a doubleflopper? In that case, are triplefloppers okay?

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature