00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooeyOso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Meerkat Hoarder's Art Repertoire

230 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Holy crap, introductions are hard.
This is probably not the place to introduce myself though, so I can skip that, yay~

Expect a lot of original animeish-style-but-not-so-much stuff and barely any fanart unless I'm asked to draw something and I'm in the mood for it. I'll try and keep this thread updated whenever I draw or doodle something nice. Let's start this thread with the latest drawing I've uploaded.
[Silently prays that the image was uploaded correctly and it appears somewhere in the post]

There (?)
Nice to be here, have a nice day everyone~

Let's pretend I said something witty~

BBS Signature

Response to Meerkat Hoarder's Art Repertoire 2018-04-03 10:31:30

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to you posting your art and seeing you improve your skills <3

At 4/3/18 10:31 AM, Mabelma wrote: Welcome to the forum, we look forward to you posting your art and seeing you improve your skills <3

Thank you! ^^
Honestly I've been a little bit sluggish with my art last year and I didn't improve as much as I could. I'm taking it a little bit more seriously now so I'm excited to see what progress I manage to make haha~

I haven't drawn anything too interesting yet, but I figured I might as well post some of my unfinished sketches cuz why not?
I'll put a little drawing I made around the middle of 2016 more or less, just to compare how fugly my style was back then lol.

Some observations:
The one on the right is supossed to be a kid but I can't make him look any younger. His hand looks kinda weird, specially the fingers.
But hey, it's an attempt at foreshortening, and that's like 100% more foreshortening than I usaully do.
The one on the left looks fine. I can't wait to see these sketches again in around three months and see some awful, glaring mistakes that I had no idea I even made when I looked at them now~
EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/pzMBMyZ.jpg Here's a bigger version.

BBS Signature

Response to Meerkat Hoarder's Art Repertoire 2018-04-05 14:27:05

Do you use any references for your art? Like for character's ages and facial features or for the hands? If not I definitely suggest you start doing that.

Response to Meerkat Hoarder's Art Repertoire 2018-05-04 07:55:13

Damn, I've gotten busy over these past few weeks asdf. I'm finally free again for a while though.
Let's see~

At 4/5/18 02:27 PM, Mabelma wrote: Do you use any references for your art? Like for character's ages and facial features or for the hands? If not I definitely suggest you start doing that.

I do! ... Sometimes lol. It's pretty dumb but I tend to have trouble trying to study from references unless I'm drawing over them, which isn't the point of using references of course.
I'd say I just have barely enough knowldege about fundamentals, specially anatomy, to get by and make stuff that looks sort of decent. I definitely need to work on that so I'll keep it in mind, thanks~

Moving on... I've actually been drawing lots of stuff lately, at least compared to how much I usually draw in a month.
I don't feel like spamming everything I've drawn last month though so I'll just post the latest thing I did which is this:

BBS Signature

Response to Meerkat Hoarder's Art Repertoire 2018-05-04 15:48:02

Welcome to newgrounds and love your work it's very nice and hope to see more soon

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature