'Tis I, ValterValyun, will again be hosting for this year's The Sketch Collab 2018! Like every other Sketch Collab in the past, the video will be a series of short animations created by talented animators such as yourselves. The main objective will be capturing the look of an actual pencil sketch. That means the animation shouldn't be drawn as the generic, Flash brush strokes, nor the strokes should be in any color other than grayscales, black, or white. Sanguine / sepia tones are acceptable.
Here's last year's The Sketch Collab – https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/702178
You can use any software you feel comfortable with, as long you can export it as an .mp4 file.
Before joining, please read the rules carefully. Failure to read them could risk prolonging the deadline of this collab (and I want this collab to finish before #Inktober2018). Don't be that guy.
1. Follow the given specs.
2. Animate frame-by-frame – avoid or keep tweens at the bare minimum.
3. Do not animate by the following:
- Nudity / Pornographic / Sexual content
- Sprite / Stick figures
- Stolen content
4. Refrain on using sounds; music will be provided.
5. Do not half-ass your submissions. Do more than just your best effort in your work. If necessary, other participants and I will be providing critique & suggestions to others' work.
6. Post your progress from time to time (Just don't disappear). When doing so, please upload it on YouTube unlisted. If you upload it as a .swf, I can't see it when I'm on a mobile device.
Stage size – HD format 1920 x 1080
FPS -- 24
Duration -- Between 5 to 20-30 seconds
Background -- https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8e9f58587cdbae6e9c97466d6f50e5e6
Format -- .mp4
For the deadlines, I have two dates set up --
First date is September 1st. On that day, I do expect every submission finished. And when I mean finished, I mean fully in-betweened, no keys, no breakdowns; fully animated. That way, I'll be given a one-month time to composite all those submissions into one video.
Which brings up to the second date: October 1st; "Sketch Day" -- Upload day. Not only I do get a one-month windows for compositing, but it will also give you all a chance to improve your submissions if you want it to look better. Plus, we'll be just in time for #Inktober2018 (cuz I want to participate in that too).
I will be opening up 10 slots (max 15). If you all want to join, post here on this forum and I'll send you an invite into our Discord channel. Please be active as much as you can on the channel. Most of the discussions and alerts are taken place there, so don't miss them.
Hopefully I'll see you all there!
1. ValterValyun (working on intro like last year)
P.S. -- Who wants to create the out-tro for the collab?