00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any advice on drawing males?

218 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm to get back into the groove of drawing male characters more often, since I tend to draw girls more. I haven't been drawing male characters as often as I used to, yet I have some ideas that involve them. I need a refresher, so if you have any advice to give, feel free to post. (Also if you can, I would like to have advice on drawing different body types, not just one)

I have a lot of trouble drawing males more than females too, so I guess take what I say with a grain of salt but:
So you know how generally, females tend to have more curves? Unless you're drawing someone androgynous or feminine, toss that out the window and do the opposite. Instead of making a clear indication between the torso and the hips, just make that region a rectangle. Or think of things more simplistically since they tend have a much less complicated body shape.
A useful thing to think of is that while females have shorter shoulders and wider hips, males' shoulders and hips should be about the same size (since they don't have as much fat in their hips and have more broad shoulders).

But regardless, and I hate to drill this sentence, but it all comes down to practice and studying. You'll only gain a true grasp of the form if you do that. ;w;

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature