00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you scared of needles?

1,041 Views | 21 Replies

I was going to go ahead and try to donate plasma but the problem is I'm worried about the pain. How painful will this needle be? If doesn't even bother me that it's a big one, I'm just so worried about the pain.... The first time I got a needle In me I honestly felt like it was stabbing me but it only lasted for a few seconds, the worst part was the anxiety, and the fear. The stabbed feeling only lasted for two seconds, probably less. In fact it didn't feel like stabbing, just a deep, painful weird feeling. Sometimes when I get too freaked out I feel like I'm fainting, or about to faint.

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-17 10:31:04

I have a bunch of medical issues so I have blood drawn and IVs put in often.

The pain isn't bad.

Just don't watch. Don't watch them stick the needle in or any of that.

Just look at something else in the room and you'll be fine.

Hydrate and eat after.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-17 10:46:51

Hmm, im a lil bit scared of needles

It feels like somebody is fucking trying to murder you using a fucking sharp needle

But at the end its kinda good, but i still dont get any food or water >:(

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-17 11:12:56

At 3/17/18 10:49 AM, Zymbot wrote: I don't fear needles, they fear me.

This is the attitude to have.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-17 12:06:18

No, quite the opposite. If you're squeamish in anyway, then you should probably listen to some of these posts and don't look. Me however I actually like watching my blood get drawn, I find it quite fascinating.

BBS Signature

Not at all actually

I've had blood drawn from me only a few times and the first time I deliberately watched because I was a little anxious, but as I watched I realized it was no big deal.

the only annoying part is my veins are very hard to see and practically hidden; so when I tried to donate blood once they messed up the needle on both arms, and due to regulations they weren't allowed to do it again. it was fairly annoying, but I still got to eat cookies and stuff, that was cool.

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-17 22:06:03

Nah. I'm used to needles since I have type 1 Diabeetus. I don't like having my blood drawn, but I just look away when that happens

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

At 3/17/18 10:06 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 3/17/18 09:51 AM, Ever-After wrote: the worst part was the anxiety, and the fear.
Well that's pretty much it. I've donated before and it's just like any other needle. Don't let the big needle fool you.
Just don't look at the bag filling up and you'll be fine. One time I got Dengue fever and confined in a hospital and had to give samples every day. By the end of the week I'd been so used to needles.

I was wondering how the hell you got that outside of the visayas but then I looked at your profile.

#8 7000 Jolibee Delivery

Chicken Joy

It hurts a little bit for a couple of seconds when they insert the needle into your vein. You won't feel much pain after this point.

I have undertaken a special blood test where they had to keep the needle on the back of my hand for 30 minutes so that they could draw my blood after a drug had been administered through the same needle.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

At 3/17/18 10:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
The pain isn't bad.

Hydrate and eat after.

I'd like to second all of this. I started donating blood regularly in 2016 and while I've never completely shaken my anxiety over needles, I've gotten to the point where I can just look at my phone while they do their thing and not be too bothered by said needles. Just go in expecting a little pinch and you'll be fine. Also remember that the people putting in the needle are professionals (Or at least they SHOULD be) and that millions of people get through being poked by needles every day.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-18 11:44:19

At 3/18/18 11:39 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 3/17/18 10:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
The pain isn't bad.

Hydrate and eat after.
I'd like to second all of this. I started donating blood regularly in 2016 and while I've never completely shaken my anxiety over needles, I've gotten to the point where I can just look at my phone while they do their thing and not be too bothered by. Just go in expecting a little pinch and you'll be fine. Just remember that the people putting in the needle are professionals (Or at least they SHOULD be) and that millions of people get through being poked by needles every day.

and as much as I am in the hospital, no joke, I have probably been stuck over 100 times. Of those 100 times, maybe 15 of the times, my nurse wasn't good at finding veins and it "hurt".

15 outta 100 isn't awful. And when I say hurt, it was a very minor hurt.

Also, as someone who has needed blood once when I almost died, I appreciate anyone who gives blood.

*fist bumps ZJ*

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-18 12:01:04

At 3/18/18 11:58 AM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/18/18 11:44 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
and as much as I am in the hospital, no joke, I have probably been stuck over 100 times. Of those 100 times, maybe 15 of the times, my nurse wasn't good at finding veins and it "hurt".

Oh man, that happened to me too. One time I got stuck 3 or 4 times because they couldn't find my veins to take blood.

I have crappy veins, so I try to be patient.

When I go into the ER with cardiac issues, sometimes I get a newer nurse, and because my issues are cardiac, they panic a little. They want my IV in immediately in case I code and need drugs.

When I was hospitalized in January, that girl stuck me 4 times.
Once in right hand, once in right arm, once in left arm, before finally getting a successful IV in left hand.

Then my veins ended up blowing out.

That is NOT the norm OP, so don't panic at all. Giving blood is in a relaxed setting, with phlebotomists who literally do nothing but take blood all day.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-18 12:29:48

At 3/18/18 12:22 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 3/18/18 12:01 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
My mom told me that people often have trouble finding her veins too. Could be a genetic thing.

You and I need T-shirts. "Crappy Veins Club"

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-18 13:49:52

Yupp. Been thinking about giving blood a few years now but those needles are pretty big, and two liters in one sitting... it's more just the prospect of blood gushing out when the needle hits, though. What if something goes wrong. What if there's an air bubble in there. What if many things...

Not serious worry, but it all feels a bit... uncomfortable.

Small needles are fine.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-19 17:05:14

As long as the needle isn't used I'm cool with it. I'd say giving blood is actually the easiest needle to handle. Certain types of shots have huge ass needles that provide more than just a prick, but overall the pain is usually decent.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-19 17:13:28

I'm not scared of needles at all, but I'm afraid to donate blood because I don't want to feel anemic and try to drive home.

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-19 17:15:33

Only afraid of needles when they're filled with heroin

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-19 17:42:09

At 3/18/18 12:29 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
My mom told me that people often have trouble finding her veins too. Could be a genetic thing.
You and I need T-shirts. "Crappy Veins Club"

I'm in this club too.

Needles don't bother me.

Blood doesn't bother me.

But trusting my life to inept doctors who can't even do the most rudimentary venipuncture?

Scares the bat shit out of me.

You miss my vein three times, and you think I'm gonna have respect for your ability to practice medicine? Naw bruh, I'm gonna find me a doctor who can doct properly.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-20 09:58:20

At 3/20/18 08:54 AM, SavageAround wrote: depends on the skills of those who will put the needle in your skin

The first few phobbmits were afraid and a little uncomfortable because they only saw my little veins and they were afraid of pricking me, so a more experienced one had to come in and do me. It didn't hurt at all.

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-03-20 10:05:39

If you make another thread, this will be your fate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWlyvYl_czg

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-08-19 20:09:46

I'm not scared of needles.

But I am scared of my own mortality.

Death to put it shortly.

But you know what? To fear death is silly.

I live to fight another day.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you scared of needles? 2018-08-19 20:17:23

every week I get stuck with needles to check labs. I'm sick so there keeping a close eye on my numbers