00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do grocery stores have music?

1,127 Views | 27 Replies

Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 18:39:39

Cant I shop in peace and quiet every now and then?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

At 3/15/18 06:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Cant I shop in peace and quiet every now and then?

One time the local Shopper's played classical shopping mall music.

Usually the stuff on the speaker is modern popular music.

At 3/15/18 06:43 PM, Zymbot wrote: Nothing like listening to "Take Me Home Tonight" while standing in the checkout line at the fruit market.

I was just going to say how it's one of my favorite songs. But now I see what you did there.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 20:42:18

Why does any fucking store have music? Drives me fuckin bonkers.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 21:03:03

I actually like it, even if I don't particularly like the music that's playing I'd rather have something in the background to at least slightly distract from the noisy people all around me trying to escape the screaming void that is silence.

Probably because it's supposed to improve the moods of the customers. I'm fine with the music in the stores in general. Maybe it's not for everyone. But what do I know?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 21:24:41

I'm cool with it. Shitty grocery stores seem to play a lot of older funk songs around my area for some reason. I can never say no the the funk.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 22:31:50

At 3/15/18 10:30 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: It's for the clerks. So they don't get bored all day.

> All day they only work like part time

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-15 23:48:51

Wal Mart radio is the shit.

That's my jam.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-16 07:16:54

Grocery stores use music as a subliminal tool to fuck with peoples heads...some of it is targeted at trying to make you get in and out as quickly as possible, some seem to be targeting specific people that might be schizo and cause a scene, but mostly, just to make it feel more than a walk through a cemetery...

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-16 17:23:33

To torture their employees.

BBS Signature

At 3/15/18 09:24 PM, Atlas wrote: I can never say no the the funk.

Who can? Jerks. That's who.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-19 13:13:14

It doesn't bother me. I usually don't notice unless they're playing a song I hate or find annoying.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-19 21:01:00

It's a niche reminder about how soul draining grocery stores can be if spent there for extended periods of time

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-19 21:37:57

I personally loathe grocery shopping, and the music is the only thing that makes the trip somewhat worthwhile.

Especially when they play Arthur's Theme. "WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT BETWEEN THE MOON AND NEW YORK CIIII-TAYYYY..."

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 00:17:17

At 3/15/18 11:48 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Wal Mart radio is the shit.

That's my jam.

I was actually at a local Walmart and when I was there I heard "Daniel" by Elton John playing.
So that was neat.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 06:25:56

To put people in a good mood and make them buy stuff?

Seems like it's not working with you though.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 06:57:53

At 3/20/18 12:17 AM, ManielTheDaniel wrote:
At 3/15/18 11:48 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Wal Mart radio is the shit.

That's my jam.
I was actually at a local Walmart and when I was there I heard "Daniel" by Elton John playing.
So that was neat.

They were calling to you.

Go to them.

Don't make them wait

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 12:04:47

At 3/20/18 06:57 AM, SevenSeize wrote: They were calling to you.

Go to them.

Don't make them wait

I know now what I must do.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 12:55:13

At 3/15/18 06:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Cant I shop in peace and quiet every now and then?

Yeah you, that's America what do you want,for some "more" means "better".
Just come where I live,to Southern France,there ain't any music in grocery stores,and you'll hear the sweet melody of cicadas.

Drink coffee.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-03-20 13:39:19

Wouldn't it be fun to rig the music to hardcore death metal, all they way up in volume like a concert? 3 or so old ladies will have a heart attack.

When I worked at this one collection agency back in June of 2010 we would have music IN the call center so while we were making calls it was blasting to make matters worse they used the fucking radio as the hold music for every call

They thought it would be a good idea to use Gangsta rap one day.

Got major complaints. Wouldn't be surprised if they had to pay out a lawsuit under the fair debt collection practice act

They ended up switching the station to Adult Contemporary

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 21:42:09

At 3/15/18 06:45 PM, Painbringer wrote: One time the local Shopper's played classical shopping mall music.

Usually the stuff on the speaker is modern popular music.

That's exactly the problem. If they played classical music or jazz it'd be okay but they tend to play modern pop which is crap.

At 3/15/18 08:48 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: fast music makes people shop faster
slow music makes people take their time

So what does playing really really shitty music make people do?

At 3/15/18 09:03 PM, DanishTheManish wrote: distract from the noisy people all around me trying to escape the screaming void that is silence.

"Screaming Void that is Silence" would be a good band name.

At 5/26/18 08:49 PM, StatKing wrote: When I worked at this one collection agency back in June of 2010 we would have music IN the call center so while we were making calls it was blasting to make matters worse they used the fucking radio as the hold music for every call

They thought it would be a good idea to use Gangsta rap one day.

Got major complaints. Wouldn't be surprised if they had to pay out a lawsuit under the fair debt collection practice act

They ended up switching the station to Adult Contemporary

That's hilarious. I can imagine you're trying to collect money, but they're put on hold, so it's some song about how they're gonna get shot up and all their money stolen because of some gang war beefs.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 21:44:52

At 3/15/18 10:30 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: It's for the clerks. So they don't get bored all day.

I don't care as long as it not country music.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 22:05:18

That's hilarious. I can imagine you're trying to collect money, but they're put on hold, so it's some song about how they're gonna get shot up and all their money stolen because of some gang war beefs.

Yeah. I can see them playing this

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 23:25:28

At 5/26/18 09:42 PM, NeonSpider wrote: That's exactly the problem. If they played classical music or jazz it'd be okay but they tend to play modern pop
At 3/15/18 09:03 PM, DanishTheManish wrote: distract from the noisy people all around me trying to escape the screaming void that is silence.
"Screaming Void that is Silence" would be a good band name.

If that ever exists they HAVE TO make a cover of this.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 23:33:27

At 5/26/18 11:25 PM, DanishTheManish wrote:
At 5/26/18 09:42 PM, NeonSpider wrote: "Screaming Void that is Silence" would be a good band name.
If that ever exists they HAVE TO make a cover of this.

Can't be any worse than the Disturbed cover of that great song.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-26 23:44:41

At 5/26/18 11:33 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Can't be any worse than the Disturbed cover of that great song.

I really don't like the Disturbed cover, It removed all the emotion from it and just made it sound bland.

At least there's always the original.

Response to Why do grocery stores have music? 2018-05-27 17:14:18

The guys in the store don't want you to meditate about the shit you're buying. They're really good at it, like a furniture store where the only way of going out is to go through the whole fucking installation. It's a trap.