• 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
d8ki
d8ki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate

How do you guys make an animation that has some audio going on like for example music, where the frames are very strongly linked to the sound for example a musicvideo.
I use Adobe Photoshop, where you can do framebyframe-animations and wanted to make a charcter dancing to a song.
But because of many technical difficulties, I cant find a way to work parallel on the animation and the music.
I have to do it seperatly in many ways around and its getting super annoying and I will not be able to do it.
So how do you do it?
Should I change the program because PS is not a real animation program?

P.S. Keep in mind that im a super big noob at animation

Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy

Usually it's because in Flash or in other animation programs, you can directly add in audio on the timeline so that you can more easily sync up animation with the audio.
It's not impossible with art programs combined with an editing program, you just have to work a lot more carefully to make sure everything matches. ;w; Maybe go scene by scene, or stop and check after you complete a certain amount of frames? It's good to constantly have the project opened in a video editing program open to make sure it's in sync.

If it helps, I started out with animation using the art program + Windows Movie Maker method and once you get used to it, it's not so bad. ;u; It just requires a lot more attention than in Flash.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature
d8ki
d8ki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate

@Oddlem
Yeah I wanted to use moviemaker too, but maybe its time for a "real" animationprogram.
Its just complete cancer when you have to re-arrange nearly every frame after nearly every change.
Maybe I will try opentoonz.
And thanks for replying, I really like your artstyle.

Akuaitance
Akuaitance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to A question about animation + audio 2018-03-16 08:31:16 Reply

At 3/16/18 07:20 AM, d8ki wrote: @Oddlem
Yeah I wanted to use moviemaker too, but maybe its time for a "real" animationprogram.
Its just complete cancer when you have to re-arrange nearly every frame after nearly every change.
Maybe I will try opentoonz.
And thanks for replying, I really like your artstyle.

or you could still try krita, if you still want to have the option of photoshop capabilities - in a way.