00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

America's Berlin wall ?

2,833 Views | 57 Replies

Recently I watched that White House video called President Trump Reviews Border Wall Prototypes in California
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhi0or2eSfE
And when I saw the wall prototype at 0:30 it imediatly reminded me of the Berlin wall. A wall that separated a whole continent in two,where everyone believed that they were right,and that the ones behind that wall were wrong.
And that wall at 0:30 looked almost exactly the same as the Berlin wall.

And I fear that this could be a huge separation between two parts of the same land,like the Berlin wall.
Now,I tried to stay relativist about Trump,even though I disagree with a lot of his way to make politic(mostly with his approach on environement),but I tried to stay relativist.
But now it is pretty clear to me that Donald John Trump isn't worthier than Nikita Sergueïevitch Khrouchtchev.

So what do you think of it? Do you think a wall between two countries is a good thing or not ? I'd like to hear your opinions.

America's Berlin wall ?

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-15 13:17:19

The wall would cost too much for no real gain. If anything, the construction of a wall may set the country as a whole back.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-15 13:23:43

At 3/15/18 01:17 PM, Atlas wrote: The wall would cost too much for no real gain. If anything, the construction of a wall may set the country as a whole back.

Good point! I really never thought about it,but the border wall would cost at least a hundred million dollar,that could be used for other things,like health cares. Yeah I never thought about it.
Thanks man.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-15 13:52:20

At 3/15/18 01:28 PM, Jotaro97 wrote: The only thing the Berlin wall separated was West Berlin from East Berlin.

Thanks for noticing the error I should have talked about the border fence in that separated the 2 sides of Europe

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-15 14:35:22

Symbolically, one could make find similarities between the Berlin Wall and the wall being built over Mexico, though there is some significant differences. For one thing, the Berlin Wall only separated the city itself, considering that the West and East German border was more inland. Second, I doubt that there would be electrified fences, minefields and heavy machine gun posts across the Mexican-U.S. border.

Regardless though, it will accomplish little and most likely won’t be finished when Trump leaves office, and I’m sure that the next president wants no part of the border wall.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-15 15:03:16

The wall serves no real purpose other than being a symbol of white nationalism, and a waste of tax payer money.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-16 14:35:00

At 3/15/18 03:03 PM, EdyKel wrote: The wall serves no real purpose other than being a symbol of white nationalism, and a waste of tax payer money.

Aaaah Tax payer money waste?Yeah sure! But white nationalism? More like straight Nationalism.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-16 19:21:10

At 3/16/18 02:16 PM, Sause wrote:
At 3/15/18 03:03 PM, EdyKel wrote: The wall serves no real purpose other than being a symbol of white nationalism
Literally wat. The taxpayer money part I can understand but, wat.

A wall is a wall. You can either go around it, or over it, or under it. Very few expect it will stop the things it was intended to stop. And some think it will make things worse.

The reasons for it are just as silly. Immigration has been going down for the past decade and a half. Immigration crime is still statistically low. Farmers still need immigrants to work the fields, otherwise food prices will rise. The US birth rate continues to fall, which will play havoc on the value of money, and employment, if it continues to get worse. Also, we need genetic diversity to offset certain inherent genetic disorders in the populace.

I'm not against having immigration policies in place. It needs to be regulated to protect the people here, but the ones being put into place by Trump are going overboard. They don't make any sense. And past comments by Trump, and certain aids (Stephen Miller), and former white house officials (Steve Bannon), seem to intentionally race bait by promoting policies that target minorities and immigrants(from certain countries), under the label of economic nationalism, which they know will excite the left, and will turn it back on them by accusing the other side of calling them xenophobic and racists - even though they can't justify the cost, or reason, for those policies. And the wall is one of them. That only leads to the idea that they are skirting with white nationalism, or white nationalist sympathizers, who will eat up that doomsday rhetoric about minorities and immigrants (from particular countries) in the country.

That is why I called it a symbol of white nationalism, because all the reasons for it just don't make any sense unless you don't have some preconceived notion that is derogatory towards the people on the other side of the wall, to ignore the cost, and futility , of it. And that is the message it sends to the rest of the world.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-16 19:57:15

At 3/16/18 07:21 PM, EdyKel wrote:

That is one hell of a good development.Thanks for expanding your idea.Now I can see how the wall could a symbol of White Nationalism.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-16 20:45:05 (edited 2018-03-16 20:54:06)

At 3/16/18 08:18 PM, Sause wrote:
At 3/16/18 07:57 PM, Hesiolite wrote:
At 3/16/18 07:21 PM, EdyKel wrote:
That is one hell of a good development.Thanks for expanding your idea.Now I can see how the wall could a symbol of White Nationalism.
Is the Great Wall of China nationalist?

The Great wall of China was original built to defend the country from the invasions, and attacks, by northern tribes. It was a defensive barrier, more like a fortification, or a castle rampart, than just a wall. That was the original reason it was built, though it did have secondary purposes after the fact, which included being a secure trade route and to collect duties on products transported through it. Though, today, it may be a cultural symbol, with historic value.

So, are you telling me that Trump's wall is being built to protect us from attacks and invasion? Is it being built to keep people out, even though they can dig tunnels underneath it, or use airplanes to fly over it (technology), or use a boat to get around it? Is it being built to prevent drugs from getting into the country, even though it will just make drug lord richer by increasing drug prices, and use the above mentioned way around it - along with Drones (technology). Is it to regulate trade, and collect duties to pay for it? I'm drawing up banks here. Why don't you tell me what practical reason it's for?

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-16 21:02:47

At 3/16/18 08:54 PM, Sause wrote:
At 3/16/18 08:45 PM, EdyKel wrote: Why don't you tell me what practical reason it's for?
Now, now, that's not how this works. I post memes and you post paragraphs.

Nyaaa....

America's Berlin wall ?

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-17 06:49:29

Honestly I was hoping that if we build a wall we go all the way with it. Make it a big opulent building. A big landmark, a mount Rushmore of our time. Something people can drive down and visit. Make trips to go visit and walk along the wall like the great wall. Get up on top of it and look over the railing at all the Mexicans standing below.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-26 08:29:26

The Berlin Wall was built to prevent emigration, not immigration. Whatever you think of the US-Mexico border wall's cost or effectiveness, it's not unethical unless you believe in no borders.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-26 12:05:04 (edited 2018-03-26 12:05:30)

At 3/26/18 08:29 AM, Ranger2 wrote: The Berlin Wall was built to prevent emigration, not immigration. Whatever you think of the US-Mexico border wall's cost or effectiveness, it's not unethical unless you believe in no borders.

I know that immigration has to be controlled a bit. But building an entire wall is a true symbol of separation between the two parts of the continent.
Trump talking about making a big wall was just a way to get ignorant xenophobic electors to vote for him.
And it's also a symbol of extreme nationalism. And nationalism is the base of all totalitarian states.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-27 07:12:09

At 3/15/18 01:17 PM, Atlas wrote: The wall would cost too much for no real gain. If anything, the construction of a wall may set the country as a whole back.

This, primarily. Also the vast majority of illegal immigrants get through using the official checkpoints anyway, just paying off border guards. There's documentaries on this stuff. Building some huge expensive wall won't stop that.

Even if it did somehow secure the border (it won't), then illegal immigrants could still easily enter via boat or aircraft. What, are you gonna throw a border wall around all the entire beaches and coastline of the entire country and a giant dome like in the Simpsons movie, so nothing gets in and nothing gets out?

Plus it's just terrible for international relations. You should try to strengthen relations between other nations, not play these little games that tick everyone off.

Of course I can't expect a man who was born rich and lived rich his entire life to even understand things like reality. He probably thinks if there's a problem you just buy your way out of it. And that probably has worked for him, so far. But that can't work for everyone.

Hey, I didn't vote for the guy.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-27 07:22:18 (edited 2018-03-27 07:22:53)

What we should be worried about is the sleeping threat from the north in Canada, no one is that nice without an ulterior motive. We need to make a pre-emptive strike get them before they get us I tell ya!

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-27 12:11:23

At 3/27/18 07:12 AM, NeonSpider wrote:

That was one of the best answers I could ever dream of on this thread.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-27 13:05:52

At 3/26/18 04:08 PM, Sause wrote:
At 3/26/18 12:05 PM, Hesiolite wrote: And it's also a symbol of extreme nationalism. And nationalism is the base of all totalitarian states.
That’s a funny way to say patriotic.

There's a difference between patriotism and nationalism. A patriot loves his own country, a nationalist hates all others.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-29 06:14:31

At 3/28/18 08:07 PM, Sause wrote: What if I like only America and Israel? What does that make me?

Again, motivations absolutely do matter. In this particular case, it can range from double-patriotism (assuming you are a citizen of both) over misguided patriotism and pseudo-nationalism all the way to (in case you support the current governments of both) wanting to see the world burn.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-31 17:52:28

At 3/15/18 12:45 PM, Hesiolite wrote: And I fear that this could be a huge separation between two parts of the same land

Mexico and the US are not the same land, it's people aren't one people.

At 3/15/18 01:17 PM, Atlas wrote: The wall would cost too much for no real gain.

supposedly more or less 40% of illegal aliens come by plane (and this is using liberal sources, mind you, so the real number's probably like 4% but I digress), so please help me with some math over here will ya? 100% minus 40% equals... 60%? wow you're right, curbing ~60% of unlawful immigrants would be literally nothing! inb4 muh "o-obviously they all come by boat!"

If anything, the construction of a wall may set the country as a whole back.

yeah no more fresh voters for dems, tragedy

At 3/15/18 01:23 PM, Hesiolite wrote: the border wall would cost at least a hundred million dollar,that could be used for other things,like health cares

and foreign aid!

At 3/15/18 03:03 PM, EdyKel wrote: The wall serves no real purpose other than being a symbol of white nationalism, and a waste of tax payer money.

Marvel at the Great Wall of White Nationalism that helped fend off the mongols!
All hail the Israeli wall of white nationalism!

There are plenty of costly shit governments burn money on, and securing borders isn't one of them.

At 3/26/18 09:44 AM, Entice wrote:
At 3/26/18 08:29 AM, Ranger2 wrote: it's not unethical unless you believe in no borders.
What if I consider wasting an enormous amount of time and money on a symbolic victory for our president unethical?

Lots of people considered it unethical for the government to fund entities that murder babies, did that offend you more than a wall?

At 3/26/18 12:05 PM, Hesiolite wrote: And it's also a symbol of extreme nationalism. And nationalism is the base of all totalitarian states.

nationalism is putting your country's best interest in mind at all times, name me one nation in history that survived without a "bitch imma get my shit together before I even CONSIDER talkin to you" attitude

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-31 18:50:12

At 3/31/18 05:52 PM, Radaketor wrote:
Marvel at the Great Wall of White Nationalism that helped fend off the mongols!

The great wall was built to defend against invasion and attacks by norther tribes.

All hail the Israeli wall of white nationalism!

Israel's was to defend what they took, and keep taking.

A little history goes long way to make you look less foolish.

There are plenty of costly shit governments burn money on, and securing borders isn't one of them.

Yes, especially the amount of money that Trump is forcing down the Pentagon's black hole of defenses spending. Out of all the agencies, it's where money goes to disappear.

So, your argument is that it's fine to waste government money for zero results, and zero purpose.

Let's be clear, no one is invading, or attacking this country from Mexico. Oh, I know how white nationalists, and conservatives, love to use incidents involving immigrant from the south of the border to claim we are under attack, but you have a higher chance of being attacked by a shark, or hit by lightening. And guess what, we love our drugs in this country, and the only thing the drug war has done is increased their prices, and created more crime, because that is what outlawing stuff does - we saw this during the 1920's- 1930's prohibition

And even before Trump became president, immigration has been on the decline since the improvement of Mexico's economy. We also like cheap products and produce, which is why we continue to outsource jobs under Trump (and after the tax cuts) while hiring immigrant to work the field for pennies so you can buy stuff on the cheap. Anything that changes that will lead to higher prices, offsetting the tax cuts for those who are not in the wealthy bracket

And as I already pointed out, the wall is not going to stop immigrants from coming to this land by going under it (tunnels), by sea, or by air. It's not go to prevent drugs from entering the country because of the above ways to get around it. All they are going to do is just raise prices, so you can feel good about you own race and culture.

So, I'll let you have a choice. You can either admit your are a white nationalist, or you can admit you're are just plain ignorant. Or you can admit to both. I'll let you decide. No matter how you look at it, there is nor really good reason for the wall, or even to defend it. It's just a symbol of stupidity and white nationalism.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-03-31 23:08:32

At 3/31/18 05:52 PM, Radaketor wrote: Mexico and the US are not the same land, it's people aren't one people.

Same continent, but I agree here big differences between the two.

supposedly more or less 40% of illegal aliens come by plane (and this is using liberal sources, mind you, so the real number's probably like 4% but I digress), so please help me with some math over here will ya? 100% minus 40% equals... 60%? wow you're right, curbing ~60% of unlawful immigrants would be literally nothing! inb4 muh "o-obviously they all come by boat!"

The only number I could find about illegal immigrants coming by boat was around 3,000 in 2014 which is a small number in the grand scheme of things. If the 40% number is true and 60% do come by land I see why you feel the need for a wall.

I still don't feel the need for a wall across the whole border. If anything I would consider spending more on training border agents and enforcing the border along Arizona more as from what I've read the Arizona border is the hotbed for illegal immigration.

Government's love burning money, that's the truth.

nationalism is putting your country's best interest in mind at all times, name me one nation in history that survived without a "bitch imma get my shit together before I even CONSIDER talkin to you" attitude

Again I agree with you here. You can't be the world police without handling your own shit first.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-01 18:26:05 (edited 2018-04-01 18:31:52)

At 4/1/18 04:58 PM, Sause wrote: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-americans-is-headed-for-the-us?utm_term=.skaEmQP5xg#.xxrNbj0eYL

Yeah, Trump tweeted about this, while also claiming that DACA was dead because of it, on Easter Sunda, showing his Christian compassion. These types of mass migrations are usually a results of people fleeing from violence from one of the Latin states. The last major one happened under Obama, where conservative Christians were outrage about a surge of women and children crossing the border, fleeing from violence. I remember reading articles about conservatives driving down to the border to try and stop them from crossing, or holding rallies against them, even though these types of things happen rarely, are small in nature, being barely are a blip on the radar in the statistical total amount of people crossing the border, which has been on the decline for decades. I'm sure Trump will use this like the Reichstag's fire to call for a border wall - one which he already said is being built.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-04 17:33:06

Looks like Trump, and some border state Republican Governors, are deploying the national guard, after the conservative alarmist are sounding the alarm over a caravan of a 1000 immigrants who are heading toward the US/Mexican border. Such a huge invasions!

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-05 03:28:41 (edited 2018-04-05 03:28:54)

I am not on trumps side or against it, but its not really a Berlin Wall.

Its not to divide a culture or a nation sharing a past together, but a simple border wall. Those have excisted long before Trumps America. If you could call a border Berlin's Wall of Today, I would look to the border between North and South Korea. Those were once part of an unified nation. Not anylonger though...

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-05 14:33:46

At 4/5/18 03:28 AM, eluukkanen wrote: I am not on trumps side or against it, but its not really a Berlin Wall.

I'm not calling the border between two countries a wall. I'm calling the actual Trump's wall a Berlin wall.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-05 18:11:01

At 4/5/18 02:33 PM, Hesiolite wrote:
At 4/5/18 03:28 AM, eluukkanen wrote: I am not on trumps side or against it, but its not really a Berlin Wall.
I'm not calling the border between two countries a wall. I'm calling the actual Trump's wall a Berlin wall.

The problem is that the Berlin wall was meant to keep people in and outside influences out.... Unless you are trying to use it as a metaphor to describe the isolation, introversion, and incest ideas, of the current government, which tries to keep the country's culture ideologically christian white, and male, and incessantly attacks anything it sees as outside forces trying to change that, and uses a physical wall (if misguided and useless) to try to accomplishes some of that in some way. Still, it's a bit of a stretch, and I think it's better to call a symbol of white American nationalism.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-06 16:26:13

At 4/5/18 06:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Well you're probably right,the Trump wall would actually be more like the Israel-Palestine wall than anything,it'd be more fitting.

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-04-06 17:47:39

At 4/6/18 05:13 PM, Sause wrote: But was the Berlin Wall racist?

I don't think.
I wasn't begining on the idea of racism you know?
But xenophobic definitly

Drink coffee.

Response to America's Berlin wall ? 2018-05-22 16:59:09

You know it's a scam when you have a lawmaker introducing a bill to allow the pubic to crowdfund it - with that lawmaker overseeing how it's spent. I'm sure it will say in small print: *no refunds, and no guarantees.