00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to get my latest audio scouted?

914 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I haven't been here for a long time and want to get my audio scouted so it can go on Geometry Dash. I did a remix.

Here it is: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/795155

Thanks!

Response to How to get my latest audio scouted? 2018-03-12 01:06:49

I'd recommend start creating only original tracks if you want to get scouted. Covers and Remixes aren't to welcome on NG. The NG Audio Guidlines has this to say on covers and remixes.

Your song is a cover or remix.

COVERS and REMIXES of existing songs are accepted if you have permission from the original artist or the original song is public domain. We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to How to get my latest audio scouted? 2018-03-13 00:21:58

At 3/12/18 01:06 AM, Atlas wrote: COVERS and REMIXES of existing songs are accepted if you have permission from the original artist or the original song is public domain. We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to.

I myself have a question to ask. If you remix a song that has stems uploaded by the original artist, can you upload it to NG?

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to How to get my latest audio scouted? 2018-03-13 03:17:31

At 3/13/18 12:21 AM, TestUser472 wrote:
At 3/12/18 01:06 AM, Atlas wrote: COVERS and REMIXES of existing songs are accepted if you have permission from the original artist or the original song is public domain. We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to.
I myself have a question to ask. If you remix a song that has stems uploaded by the original artist, can you upload it to NG?

Depends on the licence by which the artist uploaded those stems. If it was for a remix contest and they are still all rights reserved, then no -- it'd always be good practice to contact the original artist for details.