00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Classic video game club

547 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Classic video game club 2018-03-11 16:22:58

DO you love old hardware? do you have an opinion on older technology. do you love Pac man, Miner 2049er and DOOM among others? do you have a mean hankering for 90's 80's and even 70's nostalgia?

then join this club and post your memories, ideas and just plain weird stories

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-12 13:36:29 (edited 2018-03-12 13:37:51)

I go back and forth on retro game collecting. I was really into it several years ago but it died down as the games got rapidly more expensive. Now I just go through occasional phases of looking for new additions.

Here's my backloggery to give an idea of which consoles I own: https://www.backloggery.com/ImbecilePete

and here's a slightly outdated pic of most of my collection. Last system I got was the Megadrive which I've since spent a criminally small amount of time playing. The PS1 is probably what I'm most excited about in retro games, though I don't have the most games for it by a long shot.

Classic video game club

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-16 14:26:33

my hero

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-16 15:06:38

At 3/16/18 02:26 PM, nbomb wrote: my hero

Dude,I wanna goto your House!!

Classic video game club

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-17 00:58:28

Ghost and Goblins comes to mind as one of the most difficult of side scrollers

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-17 11:53:58

At 3/11/18 04:22 PM, nbomb wrote: DO you love old hardware? do you have an opinion on older technology. do you love Pac man, Miner 2049er and DOOM among others? do you have a mean hankering for 90's 80's and even 70's nostalgia?

then join this club and post your memories, ideas and just plain weird stories

We are now in this point at time, When even the Gamecube and original Xbox counts as Retro.

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-17 23:00:23

I'm a pretty big fan of old video games. Mostly on the NES, SNES and of course N64. One thing I happen to enjoy that there isn't a whole lot of are funny video games and games that are animated with 2D methods(like Dragon's Lair, Braindead 13, and Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail to name a few).

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-20 20:38:34

sad i know.

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-21 18:22:44

I learned from a book to program old text games onto the Pc. Well, actually you could just copy the script they give you, then edit it a little to fit your own game. I had a old pc as well with no internet so Id had to write the scripts myself no copy pasta.

I love programming as a small hobby, high school tech classes in the beginning is for skill like drawing a moving ball. I made a flash of a guy shitting on the toilet so far he flew. Later on my teacher kicked me out of the class for immaturity before I could really learn flash.

>:(

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-23 21:44:04

lol, upload it

Response to Classic video game club 2018-03-23 21:52:14

Response to Classic video game club 2018-04-08 01:01:02

Here's another blast from the past: the Spyro HD trilogy is finally confirmed, coming this september.

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzhU4QzvPys

Response to Classic video game club 2019-06-18 23:43:31

At 3/12/18 01:36 PM, Jackho wrote: I go back and forth on retro game collecting. I was really into it several years ago but it died down as the games got rapidly more expensive. Now I just go through occasional phases of looking for new additions.

Here's my backloggery to give an idea of which consoles I own: https://www.backloggery.com/ImbecilePete

and here's a slightly outdated pic of most of my collection. Last system I got was the Megadrive which I've since spent a criminally small amount of time playing. The PS1 is probably what I'm most excited about in retro games, though I don't have the most games for it by a long shot.

Pretty solid collection

Response to Classic video game club 2019-06-19 10:33:32

At 3/12/18 01:36 PM, Jackho wrote: I go back and forth on retro game collecting. I was really into it several years ago but it died down as the games got rapidly more expensive. Now I just go through occasional phases of looking for new additions.

Awesome collection! I love the Tankman figure.

And yes I agree, I love the PS1. So many classic and timeless games on there. I love the PS2 as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic video game club 2019-06-19 10:47:16

On the topic of classic video games, there's this 80s themed arcade that I go to every year for my birthday with 800+ games mainly from the 80s and 90s. I'll have to take photos when I go back, it's so much fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic video game club 2019-06-19 18:32:17

At 3/23/18 09:44 PM, nbomb wrote:

lol, upload it

I made that flash in tech class, and I was kicked out so I couldn't. It wasn't that great I think it was a stick guy, but the shit and toilet was pretty realistic.

Response to Classic video game club 2021-04-08 18:12:36

I played Princess Tomato and The Salad Kingdom for NES when I was in preschool (my mom helped with the reading). I have never played a better game. The graphics are amazing, as is the cover art but even that doesn't properly encapsulate the awesomeness of the game.

I also like Deja Vu 1& 2, Shadowgate, and Maniac Mansion.

NES was obviously the best system ever.