Construct 3 Jam Theme! 2018-03-08 11:00:10
Our Construct 3 Jam starts TODAY!
The theme is "You are not the main character."
Your game will need to incorporate this theme in some form. How you do it is up to you!
Construct 3 is a web-based platform for developing games. No programming experience is required and games can be exported for platforms such as PC, mobile, Xbox One and the web.
Construct 3 requires a subscription to unlock all features and this jam is a great opportunity to try the free version and see if you're down for supporting an awesome game dev tool. The ability to open a web browser and work on your game ANYWHERE without installing anything is really ambitious and a great example of where the web is going.
There are prizes!
1st Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge and sweet hamper
2nd Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge
3rd Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge
4th Place: Pencils and pig badge
5th-10th Place: Pig badge
The top three winners will also receive one year of honorary Supporter status here on NG.
1) Get started with Construct 3 and make a game!
2) In C3, click Menu > Project > Export > Web (HTML5) and download the ZIP containing your game.
1) Create an NG account if you don't have one.
2) Create a new game project.
3) Upload your C3 ZIP file.
4) Under file properties, set your dimensions to your C3 viewpoint (C3 defaults to 854 x 480, 16:9).
4) Tag your entry with "C3Jam18" so we find it.
5) Preview your submission to be sure everything looks good.
1) Your game must be based on material you have rights to, for example you can't use Mario sprites.
2) Your game must not contain unlicensed audio / music.
3) You may work with artists and musicians to support your project (one person receives the prize though).
If you've never made a game before, give it a try! The C3 website has a bunch of tutorials and demo projects you can eyeball.
If you would like to volunteer your art or audio talents for potential team-ups, you may do so in this thread. You are also welcome to post about your game progress in this thread!
Deadline is April 8th, 11:59 PM EST. We look forward to playing your games!
If you're curious, check out the Construct 3 Jam 2017 entries.
Here's a cool read on the upcoming new Construct 3 runtime, which will be delivering a huge performance boost to your games!